Which will to use?

Should Inner Will basically always be used? Or when should the other will be used? Anyone have any firelands fight examples where one is better than the other... or during heavy aoe would switching between both make sense?

This is a question about holy, not disc.
    Last edited by Lirik; 2011-08-01 at 08:26 PM.

Use Inner Fire if you're actually healing, use Inner Will if you're moving. It's that simple. You shouldn't run OOM, so there's no need for Inner Will outside of moving.
    "That's his talent, the dead answer his call."
    "They answer his call. And there are a lot more of the dead than there are of the living."

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Will isn't worth using for movement, unless you've specced into Inner Sanctum, as it's only a 2% movespeed increase of Lavawalker, which you should always have enchanted on your boots. You should basically be in Inner Fire 95% of the time. Will is only really useful for shield spamming as Disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    Will isn't worth using for movement
    he is right in one sense, the movement bonus is pretty negligible. However, when you're on the move your choices are: 1) shieldspam (disc) 2) ch: sanc renewspam (holy). Note that when you're in motion inner will has a bigger impact on your HPM than inner fire does.

'for the movement bonus' - wrong idea
    'use while in motion because you get a slight movement bonus plus a large mana savings on all available spells' - right idea.

why should I be required to use lavawalker for PvE when I'm going to switch into IW every time I have to run, anyway? strange reasoning. 50 haste rating is worth more than 3 times 22 what mastery is.

to answer OP: don't try to be in IW for all your instant casts, it's not like hunter aspect - wills actually cost a GCD and switching constantly will drastically hurt your throughput.
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2011-08-01 at 10:29 PM.

i would assume that, in general, speaking only about mana vs sp bonuses, its a personal choice depending on your mana situation.
    if you use a lot of renew and find yourself suffering mana issues, then pick IW, or at least switch to IW when you plan to plant your renews all around.
    if you are going to spam poh or flash(ew)/greater heals, then you can switch to IF.
    if you are not sure what mana issues are, because you havent experienced any in ages, stay in IF.

then other aspects, like movement, if you struggle to move from fire in time, try using IW.
    remember, that you can switch between them during fight, you dont have to pick one per whole fight.

i almost never play holy, so its all kinda guesses, awaiting corrections from full-time holy priests

10+ Year Old Account
    I used IW often with T11 content (whether I actually needed it or just thought I did, I don't know).
    However, aside from Alysrazor's Tornado funtime - I can't think of any other moments where I'd even consider using IW for T12 fights.
    (and even then, it isn't worth switching since you'll get full mana once she lands; if anyone is taking dmg during that phase it's cause they're retarded - you shouldn't 'have' to heal; and the movement increase is hardly needed to dodge.)

I mostly play disc, but I'm pretty sure our holy priest and I spend most (if not all) of our time using IF.

I rarely use Inner Will for anything but running back after a wipe.

I use Inner Will when I'm Disc. Cheaper Bubbles will boost your HPS. I use Inner Fire when Shadow. As far as Holy? I have no clue, haven't been Holy since WotLK.

From a holy priest perspective, I've used Inner Will a lot for t11... for t12 not at all.

Firelands has a lot less steady damage and more bursty type damage.
    Inner Fire wins in this light, imo. When the heals count the most, I need them to pack the biggest punch.

Next tier this may not be the case, and I may need to go back to IW. Who knows.

Anyone who uses IW for speed increase is wasting 2 gcds for a negligible increase in movement.

Deleted
    Inner Fire as Holy, always.

10+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty as a Holy Priest, why would you even want to be in Inner Will when raiding? :P I use Body & Soul to rocket around if I need to get anywhere . The mana savings aren't that impressive.

15+ Year Old Account
    I quit 2 months ago but I used to use inner will when I needed to throw out a bunch of renews and coh's. I'd switch back to fire if i was healing normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    In all honesty as a Holy Priest, why would you even want to be in Inner Will when raiding? :P I use Body & Soul to rocket around if I need to get anywhere . The mana savings aren't that impressive.
    ^ This

It isn't really good for holy, I use renew here and there but not enough to justify switching out of Inner Fire.