Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    And as an added point, I like that the harder dungeon has it's own lfg section. As a person with a Mage, hunter, and rogue I hate having tanks or heals leave when they see a hard instance, with it being in it's own lfg the people that Q know exactly what they're signing up for.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I want VP I run random HCs. Run ZG a couple times and ZA exactly once, but I find I get quicker queues, less of a fail rate and a much better time running the older HCs. Besides Maelstrom Crystals are like 10 a copper on our AH atm. Dream Shards are far fewer and much more valuable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carthelm View Post
    Do you guys really have that much bad luck with the troll heroics? I understand your point and agree with you to an extent but from my experience I've gotten 4 successful bear runs in complete pugs and the longest run was maybe an hour but the people were new to the instance but took advice well and we did fine (wiped on dragonhawk a couple times but that's about it). But like I said before I do agree with you, and as a poster above said I believe it's in their best interest to lower the amount of vp you get from the troll instances, but not to the same level as the others as the instances are harder. I think rewarding around 100 instead of the 140 it's at now would make people more interested in going back to the old heroics while not completely alienating the new ones. (sorry for typos and the like posting from phone)
    Failing a pug in Za/Zg isn't the issue for everyone. The issue for a lot of us is that we're just frigging sick of the same two dungeons day in and day out. Its like raiding naxxramas over and over and over and over in wotlk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Failing a pug in Za/Zg isn't the issue for everyone. The issue for a lot of us is that we're just frigging sick of the same two dungeons day in and day out. Its like raiding naxxramas over and over and over and over in wotlk.
    Then why do you not do the other Heroics? They are still there, they were not deleted.

i tend to do the old heroics, and when i do i notice there are often a few more ppl that greatly outgear it still running it. I think ppl are either sick of ZA/ZG or that the old heroics, if done with a good group, are much faster. As someone mentioned, the bosses and trash just fall over. And doing 2 old heroics is often much faster then 1 ZA/ZG. Or at the very least less mind numbing.

So much QQ. Personally I rarely encounter fail groups anymore. People now seem to know what they're doing. I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

So just do 7 quick old heroics for 490 VPs. If you're not raiding and need to make up the other 490 VPs then do another 4 Troll heroics. Or 3 troll heroics and a BH. Or PuG an old raid.

Problem solved!

Deleted
    I agree they should be merged. You can still keep the ilvl requirement for the Zandalari dungeons behind the screen. Let it give the same amount of valors as today. Shouldn't be too hard right? If you get a Zandalari all you get a bit more rewards for a bit more work and if you get a non-Zandalari you get fast valors.

If you don't want to do the more demanding content, you don't have the right to complain that you aren't receiving the rewards for doing the more demanding content.

And the "nobody does 346 heroics anymore" claim is a complete and total lie. Queue times are universally half as long, or even shorter, for 346 heroics as they are for troll heroics. Whether or not you personally do 346 heroics anymore couldn't possibly be less important. You're one data point in a set of millions.

Deleted
    They'll more then likely add the two of them back into the random queue when they bring out a new heroic,but still have the item level requirement.

I think they should give the same amount of valor points per week but the zandalari heroics give more per run.

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    Za/ZG's have like a 50% fail rate. The groups that are successful take an hour+ on average to finish. I'll pass on that. Id MUCH rather do normal heroics, so thats what I do.

Basically I cap 3 85s per week.

I do BWD+BOT+BH+Normal heroics on 2 of them

I raid 4/7+ on my main, maybe a BWD, and a few heroics if still not capped.

Yah i really need to quit this game. Will be quitting soon lol.
    Lol i don't know in which ZA/ZG group you get but i haven't taken more then 30 mins for a week or two now, and we always made the timed ZA run for the mount with randoms...

Make all Heroics reward 100 valors and merge both queues (Give the option to disable 1 of the queues incase u wanan do only ZA/G or normal heroics)
    Increase ilvl to enter Zandalari, to like 350 and only count equipped items when queuing
    Its not hard to change gear with inbuilt function so u can just change back to ur other gear, after u have signed up, so ppl cant have BoEs in their inventory and PvP gear gives no ilvl bonus (no idea why pvp gear even got a visible ilvl...)

Valors to easy to cap and with old raids giving valors again it shouldnt be any issue to cap, u just "have" to do more than just 2 instances (3 with BH)

Maelstroms prices has dropped and heavenly shards has gone up cause of ppl only queuing for ZAG
    Guess thats good for me tho, i farm mats and seel a crystal for 70g, maelstrom nearly worthless atm

10+ Year Old Account
    I simply don't do them. If I am bored, I do a heroic, be it normal or Zandalari, whatever I want at the moment. I don't cap the VP each week (heck, I think I haven't capped it since 4.2 a single week) - this game should be played for fun, not for the sole purpose of capping the VP each week.

So, if they should be merged, why should the lower level dungeons give 140 VP? Why not reduce the Zandalari VP to 70? It wasn't possible in T11 to cap VP with just dungeons - why should it be possible now? Back then you could cap VP with just doing raids, the same thing you can do now. But now you can also cap it with dungeons. Why not revert it? You don't need the VP if you don't raid, so why should you be able to cap it without raiding?

Quote Originally Posted by Uniqed View Post
    I know that Random Cataclysm Dungeon still is in the game but i dont want to miss out the extra valor.
    It is your fault and your fault alone you don't run the others. Also what extra valor are you talking about? Run your 7 dungeons for 490 VP in "Random Cataclysm Heroic". Then run your 4 "Random Zandalari Heroics" for your remaining 490 VP. There you have it your Valor capped once again. Oh wait, I'm sure many others would say "4 extra dungeons?! That's too much work". Well then run your normal Cataclysm heroics then run some old T11 bosses to make up the difference.

There are plenty of choices there for you. No one is forcing you into Zandalari Heroics. Only you seem to think it's "required". So again, why should something be removed because you can't figure out that there are plenty of other viable options?

Deleted
    This might sound arrogant, but almost every time I do a random Zandalari I end up carrying the random people (as a tank). It isn't a rare situtation that I have to solo Daakara from ~15% due to rest of the group dying from fire. You see only really low geared players (barely 329 to make it in) in random Cataclysm heroics.

I aggree 100% with you. Random Cataclysm heroics have became "the old content" nobody wants to do because it won't benefit you enough. Make it!

Deleted
    Blizzard should just reduce the VP gain from zandalari from 140 down to 70 to make em on par with the "old" dungeons

Imo they failed at putting in 353 items from ZG and ZA, sure its a nice thing for those wanting to raid old content, but seeing the old heroics being less played is sad :<

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
    Make all Heroics reward 100 valors and merge both queues (Give the option to disable 1 of the queues incase u wanan do only ZA/G or normal heroics)
    Increase ilvl to enter Zandalari, to like 350 and only count equipped items when queuing
    Amen brother, pug power.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Quote Originally Posted by microtonal View Post
    If you don't want to do the more demanding content, you don't have the right to complain that you aren't receiving the rewards for doing the more demanding content.
    Way to miss the point, it's not the difficulty (troll heroics are only a bit harder by now, rarely go fail-a-thon in them), it's doing "random dungeon" (lol) with TWO INSTANCES, both with the same "trolls gone crazy in a jungle-city" theme, i don't mind additional risk, but i'm tired of bloody trolls, getting half the reward for opting for a bit of variety is just the icing on the bland cake.

It's a tough one, because I definitely like idea of multiple tiered heroics, similar to raids. I think a better idea would be to take 2/3 old heroics, and buff them to Zandalari heroic level, then add one or two more heroics (new Abyssal Maw heroic? a Firelands based heroic?) to take it to a total of about 6 in the pool. Much more variety, same increased difficulty.

I'd also remove the cap from tier 1 heroics, so that you could get your full 980 VP for the week but you'd have to run 14 heroics or 7 tier 2. Hopefully that would give people more choice as to which set they want to do - the tier 1s will be easier but you'll have to do more, the tier 2s would be more difficult but you only have to complete 7.