Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah, very random with 2 instances.

Deleted
    You can choose to run 3 zandalaristhen 5/6 normal heroics to get the cap.

Deleted
    Yeah, got to say I'm sick of the two dungeons. Would like to do the old dungeons for VP, but it's not really in my best interests - guess it's the same for most with time constraints etc. Was refreshing having a variety of dungeons coming up when I was gearing an alt recently

Deleted
    i hate ZG ZA so much too, mostly becuse of ive been farming them for ages now. But u can just go 2 normal HCs it take the same time as one ZG ZA

Deleted
    with the adition of valor onto normal T11 kills you can clear council of wing and alakir in the same time it takes to do a zandalar. each week.
    much more fun than zandalar.and gives you 70 of the valor you need. going a full 12/12 is the same valor as 3 zandalar runs each week and a lot more fun that zandalar and you an easily find groups of people to do most bosses are several stil need a few for title achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Way to miss the point, it's not the difficulty (troll heroics are only a bit harder by now, rarely go fail-a-thon in them), it's doing "random dungeon" (lol) with TWO INSTANCES, both with the same "trolls gone crazy in a jungle-city" theme, i don't mind additional risk, but i'm tired of bloody trolls, getting half the reward for opting for a bit of variety is just the icing on the bland cake.
    I couldn't possibly care less whether or not you're bored. It is of precisely zero interest to me.

This is, in fact, the point. The troll heroics are objectively more demanding than the 346 heroics, and that difference in difficulty is the reason behind the difference in rewards. It's extremely simple. Everything else is mental masturbation.

Agreed so sick og za/zg. full clear FL on my main but still need to do them on alts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    Za/ZG's have like a 50% fail rate. The groups that are successful take an hour+ on average to finish. I'll pass on that. Id MUCH rather do normal heroics, so thats what I do.

Basically I cap 3 85s per week.

I do BWD+BOT+BH+Normal heroics on 2 of them

I raid 4/7+ on my main, maybe a BWD, and a few heroics if still not capped.

Yah i really need to quit this game. Will be quitting soon lol.
    You can't be serious about those numbers? I barely even have 5% fail groups in ZA/ZG. Some groups even surprise you by showing that they are capable of timed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyred View Post
    This was addressed in WotLK with the TotC 5 man and the ICC 5 mans. The queue will try and make sure people don't get put in a dungeon beyond their gear level. Personally I'm fine with the Troll heroics giving twice the valour, because they're harder and take almost twice as long. Just make the heroic cap the same so people don't need to grind the Zandalars to get their tier. God I need some variation.
    Um not really, but that's mainly because of Blizzard's stupid idea to use item level. There have been plenty of times when a new tank chooses random and the game uses his DPS gear item level and sticks him in an instance way harder than the others. If not that, then the item level requirement was too low and someone with the tanking gear needed still wasn't geared enough for the place, whether that be gear or experience.

HoR was a terrible idea and I thought they learned from their mistake but instead they put out two. At least they are on another random table this time, like the ICC ones should have been.

Blizzard should have made them the same difficulty and put them on the same random table. This will make sure people are using the random option more like they said they want.

I don't do ZA/ZG every day, or even every week, and I'm getting sick and tired of them too. I was doing them over and over during the vanilla era and, frankly, not much has changed when they were recycled as 5 man. It hasn't gotten to the point that I hate them, the feeling is more of disgust.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesamoth View Post
    Blizzard should just reduce the VP gain from zandalari from 140 down to 70 to make em on par with the "old" dungeons

Imo they failed at putting in 353 items from ZG and ZA, sure its a nice thing for those wanting to raid old content, but seeing the old heroics being less played is sad :<
    Yes less make the more challenging heroics offer the same end reward as a normal heroic this makes complete sense. Also, the reason ZA/ZG is in there is so you can gear up your toon more efficiently. Otherwise we would be back to the BC scenario "Hey guys we have to go back and run all the old raids again so we can gear up X, Y, and Z. So instead of doing current raid we get to regear first". Yes, this was complete and utter fun. Why not bring back attunements again and watch raids not visited as much because you have to attune people.

Quote Originally Posted by splinternz View Post
    Yeah, got to say I'm sick of the two dungeons. Would like to do the old dungeons for VP, but it's not really in my best interests - guess it's the same for most with time constraints etc. Was refreshing having a variety of dungeons coming up when I was gearing an alt recently
    Time constraints? With the LFD and the people who pug in it you can complete 2 Normal Catacylsm Heroic dungeons in the time it would take you to even do 1 Zandalari. Not to mention the wait time is almost cut in half. 28-30 minute ZA/ZG dps queue goes to 12-15 minute Cataclsym Heroic dps time. The instance goes by even quicker if you are decently geared.

Been running my hunter in LC for example for the trinket and the instance takes way less time than it use to. I'm pulling double what everyone else is in there and it's still smooth and 2-3x quicker than your average ZA/ZG pug.

So I really don't see why people argue "Same two instances get old". Queue up for the other ones they are there for a reason. In fact they go quicker than your other ones. I would even say they are almost "lol wrath like" aside from aoe'ing everything all the itme.

I don't think they need to be removed, but I think we need more dungeons joining them.

Edit: Though I kinda fear them adding a third tier above zandalari when they add new heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    Then why do you not do the other Heroics? They are still there, they were not deleted.
    Because they take longer to get VP.

yeah, randa zandas are a chore but then again when you're only running for VP they're bound to be a chore. would like to see some more variety.

on the plus side, since 4.2 zandas are a lot easier - more geared raiders taking an interest in dungeons means easier runs.
    Ilam - <Gardian> | Wiping with Benefits - Frostmourne US - armory

Im sorry if i not were clear enough in my post. My problem is not that ZA/ZG is to hard, far from that i think they are tuned good. What i was trying to say is that im tired of running the same 2 dungeons for the last months over and over again. It feels stupid of Blizzard who probably spent hundreds of hours designing all the 5 mans they shipped at release to remove them out of the rotation of 5 mans that rewards 140 VP.

I know that the other one still exist but they only give half of the VP, and im currently in a situation were i dont raid and my gaming schedule is tight. I need to get out as much as possible the time im infront of the computer.

I cant see any reason why ZA and ZG cant get into the Random Dungeon rotation. If im not wrong HoR in Wotlk were in the same Random system as UK. Instances with miles apart out of a difficulty perspective. Just put a hidden Ilevel req. on ZA and ZG at for example 346 -350. That way, undergeard players gets the easier dungeons and players that is overgeard gets a good variation of instances. Its a win win situation.

The Zandalaris have such a high failure rate that it is FAR more time efficient to do the easier Heroics. We're talking 70 VP in 20 minutes versus 140 VP in an hour. Also a lot less stressful; there's still plenty of mouth-breathers, but they are easier to carry.

the fun part is that we are "forced" to do za/zg for atleast 6 more months til blizzard HOPEFULLY release a new dungeon. But with the way things are going now. The new dungeon will porbably cost 9.99 a month to use

I only hate ZA now.

you need a pro team to get below 25 minutes to the 4th boss, then after that there are 2 more bosses.
    Seeing as PuGs aren't pro, it could easily take an hour+ for a normal ZA run. Bosses aren't even the cause of wipes, it's the trash, especially between 2nd and 3rd boss.

ZG on the other hand, is looking more and more like a normal heroic. 20-minute runs, 5 bosses, and the trash is easy thanks to cauldrons. I like ZG.

Quote Originally Posted by Uniqed View Post
    I cant see any reason why ZA and ZG cant get into the Random Dungeon rotation. If im not wrong HoR in Wotlk were in the same Random system as UK. Instances with miles apart out of a difficulty perspective. Just put a hidden Ilevel req. on ZA and ZG at for example 346 -350. That way, undergeard players gets the easier dungeons and players that is overgeard gets a good variation of instances. Its a win win situation.
    With HoR there was a severe problem of people dropping out whenever the dungeon came up. It resulted in nobody running the harder content because there were easier paths to get the 'valor points'.

ZA/ZG are harder, they give larger rewards.
    Other HCs are easier, they give less rewards but have lower fail rate and faster times.

It's up to you as a player to chose between them. If you don't want to do ZG/ZA other heroics are still there for the running. If you're just trying to get your VPs as fast as possible, it doesn't matter which set you run, you're going to get frustrated and bored with them eventually.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

The reward is higher and the difficulty is higher.
    If you do not like it then run normal heroics for half of your weekly quota so you won't need to run as many of the random Zandalari's.
    The lower difficuly of normals is fine for the lesser geared or lesser skilled/experienced while there is an increased challenge for those able to meet it.
    People complained about the faceroll of normal heroics, so you get something new and then complain about lack of variety which is what you previously had.