Latency and DC issues with Majordomo - Tidy Plates and Recount

Greetings,

I do have extreme latency and screen freezes in Majordomo (25) fight. It is not an hardware issue since my FPS is always above 40 with Ultra settings + lowest shadows.

Through my diagnostics attempts, I found out that disabling tidy plates decreases the issues a huge amount (although i do not have friendly name plates enabled). Disabling recount helps a little bit more, but not as much as disabling tidy plates.

The issue mainly happens in the bunch up phase where, I assume the combat log goes insane.

1) Can this be about my bandwidth?
    2) What may be bottlenecking my connection?
    3) Any quick method to solve this? (I tried lowering graphical settings to playable amount + disabling all unneeded addons. Not much help, I still get freezes for 5+ seconds)

Thank you

15+ Year Old Account
    interesting. are there any other nameplates which feature a threat-based size/coloring like tidyplatesthreatplates do? Because I also have TPTP and I also saw a couple of lags lately - also on fandral25 - and I also have these occasional freezes, but those not only on Majordomo.

if this is caused by the nameplates... would make me sad panda. because I did my interface from scratch again with 4.2, and basically the only thing I kept was tidyplates threatplates...

I'm having a simliar issue on Beth. My game will freeze for around 5 seconds. Ill try disabling TPTP tonight and see if that helps.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

Same here with TPTP, curious, I'll try to disable and see how it goes.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah same here got this issue on majordomo at the end of the fight when cats started to stack due to focusin dps on boss to kill him
    and then on ragnaros when the seeds appear and that bunch of adds appear, it was hell

I am having the same problem, I do not raid today, so I can't test to see if disabling my nameplates work. If anyone figures out the problem, let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    interesting. are there any other nameplates which feature a threat-based size/coloring like tidyplatesthreatplates do? Because I also have TPTP and I also saw a couple of lags lately - also on fandral25 - and I also have these occasional freezes, but those not only on Majordomo.

if this is caused by the nameplates... would make me sad panda. because I did my interface from scratch again with 4.2, and basically the only thing I kept was tidyplates threatplates...
    There are lots of nameplate options with the same functionality. Personally I use aloft since it lets me completely re-size my nameplates, whereas TPTP only would let you scale them a small amount.

What is that TPTP, and how do i deactivate it? I have major lag spikes when fighting majordomo, especially when we are all stacked on scorpion phase, and even BIGGER when we BL on scorpion phase.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abidos View Post
    What is that TPTP, and how do i deactivate it? I have major lag spikes when fighting majordomo, especially when we are all stacked on scorpion phase, and even BIGGER when we BL on scorpion phase.
    Its tidy plates threat plates, a nameplate addon, i haven't had any issues myself but then again i don't actually use tidy plates, i use Aloft from wowinterface, might be a decent replacement until a fix is applied to tidy plates if it is found to be the problem