Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Tanks do not need to reforge to hit/expertise to do this fight. Tanks do not need to alter their gear at all for this fight. Do not listen to someone who tells you this.

Tanks need to be smart about their DPS CDs. Make sure your tanks are waiting for the 'Imprint' to happen before unloading on the add. If your prot pally drops his shield right before imprint, he just wasted a shit-ton of damage. Your tanks should also be waiting for Vengeance to fully stack before popping CDs. As a Prot Pally, with all my CDs up I can land 600k Shields in my max avoidance gear. Vengeance to full + 3 HP -> Inq -> DP + AW -> Shield -> rotation. If you get lucky with procs, you can get 2 Shields in with Inq + AW for amazing crits. If I get lucky, I can solo a bird as P2 starts, otherwise with help I can be done 10 seconds early. If you are regularly behind, your tanks need to do some research.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyaral View Post
    Paladin should glyph [Glyph of Focused Shield] over dazzling shield and [Glyph of Crusader Strike] over Hammer of the righteous. Also he should fully talent rule of law. There's also the option of reforge or swap gear for some hit and exp.
    Wrote it down. ty for this. will be done.

---------- Post added 2011-08-02 at 04:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cncrules45 View Post
    Tanks do not need to reforge to hit/expertise to do this fight. Tanks do not need to alter their gear at all for this fight. Do not listen to someone who tells you this.

Tanks need to be smart about their DPS CDs. Make sure your tanks are waiting for the 'Imprint' to happen before unloading on the add. If your prot pally drops his shield right before imprint, he just wasted a shit-ton of damage. Your tanks should also be waiting for Vengeance to fully stack before popping CDs. As a Prot Pally, with all my CDs up I can land 600k Shields in my max avoidance gear. Vengeance to full + 3 HP -> Inq -> DP + AW -> Shield -> rotation. If you get lucky with procs, you can get 2 Shields in with Inq + AW for amazing crits. If I get lucky, I can solo a bird as P2 starts, otherwise with help I can be done 10 seconds early. If you are regularly behind, your tanks need to do some research.
    Have no ideia what u talking about, will tell our pally tank to read this, he might hav a clue ty anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyaral View Post
    Paladin should glyph [Glyph of Focused Shield] over dazzling shield and [Glyph of Crusader Strike] over Hammer of the righteous. Also he should fully talent rule of law. There's also the option of reforge or swap gear for some hit and exp.
    Focused Shield is a nominal DPS increase, and Crusader Strike is even smaller. It is a DPS increase, but it is almost assuredly not why you are wiping. Rule of Law is a great talent though, it is better single target and AoE threat than Hallowed Ground and should not be skipped.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brosterr View Post
    And btw, i don't know much about feral druids, but i know that stacking stam couldn't be the worst idea ever for them. Sejta from paragon does so i would lean towards saying it is the right way to gem.
    Please tell me you just didn't compare heroic 25man to normal 10man.
    For normal 10mans stacking stamina pretty much is the worst idea ever.

If you have enough stamina to survive a few hits, you have enough. Everything else should go into
    mitigation stats (for druids the best one would be agility). You can do it with stamina as well, it's
    just worse.
    Last edited by Siri; 2011-08-02 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morningsan View Post
    Also im not sure if u do but if possible tank em close together so any cleave effects can hit both of em. Also on our alt runs does we just use on dps on each of teh druids, that should be enoughtb to just kill em before the next one spawns and free upp the 2 extra dps that can be helping on the big ones. If u can kill the druids with just one dps and that one cant interrupt every cast (aka not a shaman) then interrupt the first and the third one and let the ssecond cast be succesful.
    Waste of time and DPS, and probably leads to tank deaths. The birds do frontal damage, meaning that positioning has to be right on for this to work. The birds also only take 1000% damage from their imprint target, any AoE damage the tank can generate will be nominal. Furthermore, moving them that much to make sure they are stacked when not eating will waste time and DPS for your tanks as they will be constantly going in and out of melee range losing DPS and GCDs, especially if they have 1-2 Feathers for increased movement speed.

Personally in our runs each week. Our DK tank puts on a full set of dps gear and tanks that way. The damage isn't all to bad on him, I would know because I heal him along with the other healers in our groups . Our other tank is a Pally and he swaps around his spec and reforges for hit so he couldnt possibly miss as much as he normally would. With that said both the tanks pull about 130k dps on the birds, (that number of course dwindles because of the other phases). Our Pally does more dps than the DK so his bird dies quite early off. We also have about 5 seconds of help from the other add dps. Usually they kill each add about 8 seconds early so they just apply dots hit the bird once or twice and move on.

Now as for me thinking of what you guys could do better... from a look at your logs. Your longest attempt lasted 3:47 from the looks of it. I briefly looked at you tanks dps and noticed one thing on your pally tank. Now im not sure how he/she was handling it. But cusaders strike was not on the top 5 damaging abilities. In our runs it is our tanks 2nd most damaging ability. Try to work out more of those in his rotation. The reforging for hit thing does actually work so unless somebody has mathematical proof otherwise i'm sticking to it. Our pally tanks default hit is aweful and he misses a lot. After he does reforge so most of his attacks/melee wont miss, (around 6%) he pulls 130k dps easy. Even though he is not capped and will miss no matter what, the chance is increased by a boatload from the 3% or w/e he had before.

Once your tanks get to where they can do as much dps as they can, I would leave it up to your other dps to help out when they aren't handling adds of their own.

Edit: I took a another check on your pally tank and I didnt see a single crusader strike. Now I'm not an expert on Pally tanks, rather I am not one and know next to nothing on the spec. However, I do know that crusader strike puts some serious damage output on those birds. Maybe look into why he/she does not use it. Just a suggestion.
    Last edited by Espada 009; 2011-08-02 at 05:12 PM.

For this fight, using two agility trinkets makes a lot of difference for me as feral. If my rage is low right before an add is about to spawn I can afford to cast thorns on myself, otherwise I rather use the rage on attacks. Right as the add hatch I also use enrage for 15% extra damage, getting that first Mangle buffed and being able to get 1-2 more mangles buffed as well. I save my Berserk for the third add so he'll go down before the tornado.

This is all on heroic btw, never tanked it on normal so it should be really easy with these steps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeleX View Post
    Hello there,

We had our firsts trys at the big bird last nite. Im flying (ele shaman)
    Our big problem is the big adds are not dying. we get to the tornado part with adds at 20% =/ our hunter and shadow priest are helping dpsing when the druids are down, but we cant kill thoses big birds b4 tornados. what we r doing wrong?
    tanks are bear and tankadin.
    Pala : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...liing/advanced
    Bear: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealto/advanced

Ty for any tips.
    (sorry for poor english)
    just finished it last night actually with pala / bear tanking Adaline and Rellan Darkspear-US
    trick is for dps to always switch to birds when no fieroblast adds are up, start with pala's add, and then when it gets near execute ALL dps on ground go to druids add(gogo pala execute phase with 1k% inc damage)

also ele shaman flying? your big nuke has a cooldown... and totems dont fly with you, and you have a short interrupt (you could get ALL the interrupts on one side of adds)
    anything really is better than a class with main nuke being a cd... lightning bolt hits like a wet noodle compared to lava burst,
    best is a fire mage, then spriest imho.
    (Spriest, even when getting stacks high enough to global cap, the increased haste still gives extra dot ticks, and this provides raid healing as well) fire mage for combustion...omfg sexy. pyroblast spam(when you can cast pyro on a gcd it IS amazing.

send 2 up, you interrupt one side, make sure you have enough dps to kill the adds on the ground right before another spawn, and do the previously mentioned execute phase for pala's bird, then focus druids, and all shall go good.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

im a pally tank and sometimes i do have trouble with it, but wat i do is switch to 2 dps trinket and switch to ret spec so i get teh 300str flask, then switch back to prot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cncrules45 View Post
    Your tanks should also be waiting for Vengeance to fully stack before popping CDs.
    this.
    looking at logs though i see a ton of wipes that didnt even last 3 minutes, certainly not enough time for birds to be up during P2(tornados)

also your druids melee is 2% below his mangle damage???? so confused with this...

add comes out : lacerate(imprint happens right after) mangle, lacerate lacerate, throw mauls in as ya see fit, i make sure till first tantrum before popping berserk to make sure veng is capped,

tank JUST outside of a worm, when tantrum they increase hit box and get close enough to worms to eat em, but first one i pop barskin and let him hit me once or twice.

pop berserk and go to town with mangles, hit lacerate when 1second left(gives free mangle procs) use more mauls but make sure you dont use so much you dont have rage for mangle. mangle should be a good 10%+ above melee...

ehh 7% above for the kill, second night on it, split raid up(wasnt enough people on for 25 so did 2 10's and then enough were in the raid after to merge groups)
    here's our WoL for it.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...=13723&e=14161

oak seems to be decent at flying... but teaching new people to fly depending on who is on is getting old lol, but <3 my guild.
    Last edited by Christan; 2011-08-02 at 06:24 PM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're greatly overvaluing having more than one stack of lacerate. When you have one lacerate running you should use thrash over another stack of lacerate as it does more damage even on a single target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeleX View Post
    Hello there,

We had our firsts trys at the big bird last nite. Im flying (ele shaman) no problem at that so far. Adds are been interrupted by a war, dk, resto shammy (helping with grounding totem too).

Our big problem is the big adds are not dying. we get to the tornado part with adds at 20% =/ our hunter and shadow priest are helping dpsing when the druids are down, but we cant kill thoses big birds b4 tornados. what we r doing wrong?
    tanks are bear and tankadin.
    Pala : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...liing/advanced
    Bear: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealto/advanced

Ty for any tips.
    (sorry for poor english)
    What we do is to dps druids and if the dpsers have time they help a little with birds on tanks, then when tornados, we found a spot to stay all the raid so we can finish the birds while the healers do their aoe spells and we pass the phase without any problems. Usually at that stage the birds are like in 10% HP or less .

Have your Paladin get Reckoning 2/2 and Rule of Law 3/3, Drop Pursuit of Justice entirely and think about just going 1/2 Guarded by the light. Stop using Hammer for Righteous and start using Crusader Strike, with the T12 Prot 2 set every Shield of Righteous Counts. make sure you have 3 HP as soon as your imprinted, blast that Turkey! And stop flying as an Ele Shaman thats just silly

Well, our only option is me flying, as u can see on the logs, we try with our Spriest, but he is just blind, cant see the rings, so he kepp falling. will tell our tanks to kill that no matter what, and lets see what happen, 2nite, this talent, glyphs and tips are most welcome. ty guys.