Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Drunk Raid of old content, or just do some old content.

Sometimes we will start with MC-go through each tier until we drop, and the kicker, if you get looted any piece of gear that you can wear, you have to use it, gets really fun by the time you are in Tempest keep

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the plain old running contest is fun Say, level 1 gnomes running to booty bay from starting zone. Or why not enemy capital. Winner gets a TCG mount

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Well, there is the always fun "everyone roll a level 1 gnome and raid hogger with a 40 man raid" event.

Or the "naked" run, where everyone strips off their gear, groups up, and then enters an instance. You can only put on gear that drops during the run. We used to do it in old Strat.

Awesome ideas everyone!!! I like em all. Probably will do a few, definately like the hide and seek officers, dodge ball, drunk karaoke
    And yes, I totally agree. We are a somewhat hardcore raiding guild and I want to enforce the fun aspect of the game.
    It can do nothing but make raiding better.

Quote Originally Posted by Minrolol View Post
    Get hammered and have a karaoke contest in vent. Winner gets edited out of the youtube video.
    This, so much this. I actually giggled a bit.

I personally find doing old content fun, especially while being drunk.

also this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2f0aGMAx7w
    Last edited by Sahagin; 2011-08-02 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    We did a hide and seek event once.

Officers would hide somewhere in the world, somewhere impossible (if you log out in the Great Sea your zone will show as " ") and the first person to open trade would win something, like a motorbike, or the alchemy mount, or a special guild rank which allowed free repairs or just plain old cash. We would all be on Mumble ofc. You'd be surprised how hard it is to find people!

It was a lot of fun.
    I organized the exact same once, right before TBC, or after, can't remember, around that time. It was an awesome event which took about 3 hours.
    We had officers post at locations, they gave letters (Plain written letters, you know, the stuff nobody uses) with riddles. If you got the riddle right, you knew were to go and you went to that position. People worked in teams of 2, which made it a team effort as well. The price was money eventually, but the real price was the fun we had that night!

Postmortem, Nordrassil EU, razz out

Kite a world boss to a main city and watch all hell break lose

We recently held a guild event pretty much for exactly these reasons. However, we decided to go all out with a series of 3 events which we lovingly called our "Gnomish Guild Olympics".

Our GM made guilds on multiple different servers (it served as a bit of a recruitment pitch too) and made enough money to create our guild, plus our guild crest and enough tabards to go around.

Event 1 was held on a cold winters eve where 20 odd level 1 pink haired gnomes were created. Using a couple of toons that we knew guildies had on that server, we summoned them all to a high point within stormwind city. Our GM - the only green haired gnome, plummetted from the tower to his death. The aim of the game... to be the closest "dead" pink haired gnome to the green haired GM. We assigned points to the closest 3 gnomes and continued to sacrifice gnomes many times over to finally achieve a winner. We then formed a train and wandered around stormwind for a while.

Event 2 was something that had been suggested in this thread already. However, once again, it was to be a gnomish event with newly created level 1 gnome toons with pink hair. We started in stormwind, and the objective was to get to garrosh. Unfortunately we hadn't been specific enough with the rules with which we wanted the competition run, and some sneaky gnomes used graveyard hopping to dash away to the finish. The even was reheld a couple of weeks later (luckily we were all having so much fun with the games!) with a race to scholomance.

Event 3 was something of a trial by fire. Our GM devised a list of "grey" quality items, one which could only be bought from a vendor (he supplied us with a small amount of gold for the purpose) and the rest off low level mobs scattered about azeroth. Once again the level 1 pink haired gnomish horde made it's way across azeroth with list in hand on the funniest scavenger hunt i've ever participated in.

After the 3 events, we tallied all the points and gave prizes to the top 3 participants.

First Place : Vial of the Sands
    Second Place : Chopper
    Third Place : Hyacinth McCaw Pet

Enjoy