Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Will you buy the next xpac if vanilla models don't get revamped?

This is a major make or break for me. After 7 years I think the models look completely ridiculous and I most likely wont be buying the xpac unless they release new races that really appeal to me.

So my question: Does this matter to you? Why or why not?

| Pm Signature Requests Closed. | My work |

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No not really, We've been playing for quite awhile without complains. Well least I have

They could just polish it to look more ''better'' I guess such as Worgens and Goblins

Deleted
    Vanilla models would never be a deciding factor for me, but I would definitely think carefully before buying another xpac.

Don't give a darn, not buying the expansion until Blizzard puts the "WORLD" back in "WORLD OF WARCRAFT." Rift is doing far more innovative and interesting things so they'll be getting my money for a while.

More on the topic you posted: I severely doubt it's even on their priority list at this point.

Deleted
    Well I would be unhappy, but I wouldn't quit WoW over it, I'd quit WoW if some major gameplay decisions I don't like would be made. Unfortunately we're going in that direction.

Still, I'd love to play a dryad

10+ Year Old Account
    With the big armor my character wear, i don't even see the model under it. How can it bother you that much?

And screw the old models, draenei for life

I could not give a rat's ***

Quote Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
    This one speaks the truth.

Deleted
    They announced that they are making current races looking better in some point. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Well I would be unhappy, but I wouldn't quit WoW over it, I'd quit WoW if some major gameplay decisions I don't like would be made. Unfortunately we're going in that direction.

Still, I'd love to play a dryad
    I'd LOVE to play a dryad as well, but I know it wont happen. I'm hoping that they remodel the night elf females to resemble mylune in the next xpac though.

As far as quitting, yeah I probably would. It's not that I'm raging over the models or anything, but I know that the only way a company will pay any attention to player demands is if they start losing money. Will my 15 bucks make a huge difference? No, not really, but why put money into something if I'm not totally happy, right?

| Pm Signature Requests Closed. | My work |

Well go rewrite the graphics engine and redo all the models and still come up with enough content to fill an expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riloux View Post
    Don't give a darn, not buying the expansion until Blizzard puts the "WORLD" back in "WORLD OF WARCRAFT." Rift is doing far more innovative and interesting things so they'll be getting my money for a while.
    ^^ This

If you're still enjoy WoW and think it's amazing I'm baffled all the power to you. People say they are bored of MMO's, not me it's still a great enjoyable time sink. Wow Doesn't provide that anymore other then a raid log and hanging around a major city socializing. /bleh major city socializing. /bleh

It would be cool, but not very important tbh. They have said they work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
    yeah pretty much this, /roar to make horde piss pants... god i love being a worgen DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Riloux View Post
    More on the topic you posted: I severely doubt it's even on their priority list at this point.
    Well point 'n fact they have noted it and they have said it IS a priority, the OP is right, after seven years they need to revamp one of the features that is in your field of vision (while you're playing the game) 100% of the time, your character. Yes there are new races. But I don't think that's what the OP was talking about, she meant revamping the original character's models.

Why does more polygons matter? I do get where you're comming from, but WoW has soooo many other problems then grafics that they need to fix before focusing on that. Not playing the new expansions just for that seems a little lame. Grafics do not make good games, we have seen it countless times.

They may(just may)redo the old models tho, if it's just a polygon fix, then it would really not be that hard. If it's a completly overhaul of the animations on each classic, and bc race it would take a while. Blizzard a company that makes so much money should atleast give higher polygons.

I remeber Blizzard saying that they migth work on this issue, but if they do, they want to do it properly, and not just half ass it. They kinda said the same thing about the barber shop and look at how bad that is.... It's just haircuts from other races, that look completly horrible, some of them don't even fit properly....

i´d rather walk around as pink cube if that would solve lag issues.
    How things look is the most unimportant thing is the game.

Not beeing offensive, but OP wouldnt it be better for you to attend some art course, or visting a topless bar if you are so keen on seeing things that are nice?

Deleted
    Nope i don't care at all really, i enjoy the game and anyone that lets such a small detail stop them from playing is just silly imo. I know the models aren't great and blizz have said they would like to redo them at some point, but i'm fine with them really.

Deleted
    From what we know so far about the next expansion I highly doubt buying it.

But trust me, 99% of players don't care about vanilla models being vanilla models... If I don't buy it then this will be the last thing to have effect on the decision.