Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Things I don't get... or things that should be asked?

What honestly what makes their servers so much more expensive to operate monthly than say COD, Sc2 which are competely free to play online with a game purchase?

If an MMO only requires 500k subs to stay healthy at 15$ a month* (been stated by EA, Trion, Funcom), what is Blizzard doing with over 20x that income?
    (Diablo, SC2, etc. will more than finance themselves with just game sales)

Why is it taking 4-7 months to add anything new to a game making 20x the income of an average healthy MMO?

Does WoW feel to formulaic and theatrical? Does it feel soulless, possibly from becoming to corporate?

Does It succeed in feeling like a living, breathing world? Or does it feel like an amusement park?

Why is so much development time being spent on developing raids, when the majority of subscribers don't raid or don't raid on a regular basis?

What is preventing Blizzard from adding more developers to a game many feel lacks enough new content?

Is Blizzard selfish, possibly greedy?

Why have no new concepts come out since arenas in BC? Why are only dungeons, raids, and daily quests usually the only new content added each patch? It is supposed to be a living, breathing world after all?

What is wrong with fanboys? Can their irrational ways be considered similar to a battered woman defending her abusive husband? Or perhaps people who listen to ICP?

*Yes I'm aware they make less in other countries. Paid services will likely more than make up the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Why have no new concepts come out since arenas in BC?
    Stopped reading there. You're being completely ignorant for the sake of bashing Blizzard. One question...why? And why should WE care?

It makes me sick OP. I gotta believe their servers/equipment? are out dated and will not allow them to do the things a company like Trion is doing with RIFT. If it aint that Blizz is really giving its fans the shaft.

---------- Post added 2011-08-11 at 04:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Velyndina View Post
    Stopped reading there. You're being completely ignorant for the sake of bashing Blizzard. One question...why? And why should WE care?
    Um do you know of a new concept or something?
    Last edited by powerplay; 2011-08-11 at 04:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Believe it or not, Blizzard is a business, and they want to make money. Ground breaking, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastkaii View Post
    Believe it or not, Blizzard is a business, and they want to make money. Ground breaking, I know.
    Well they are losing profits now soooo?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I will invite the doomsayers in, a large chunk of the income on WoW goes toward Titan's development. It's basic business. You take all your income and pool it, x% to WoW, Y% to SC2, Z% to D3, and then a large % goes to the brand new Titan.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Your complete lack of understanding is overwhelmed by your failure at being a troll.

when the majority of subscribers don't raid or don't raid on a regular basis?
    Really? I lost interest about here

What honestly what makes their servers so much more expensive to operate monthly than say COD, Sc2 which are competely free to play online with a game purchase?
    Maybe the fact that they have to be up 24/7 and support thousands and thousands of players across a monstrously large environment? You can't call them selfish or greedy, can you honestly say that once you reached 500 thousand subscribers in such a short time as WoW did that you'd then go "OKAY NO MORE SUBS!", that's just silly..

If you don't know what you're talking about, your opinion doesn't count.

Im genuinely asking the questions. Don't mistake them as rhetorical, which it appears most of you are.

*Ignore the question: "Is Blizzard selfish, possibly greedy?", that admitedly was not a good question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by powerplay View Post
    Well they are losing profits now soooo?
    Source on this?

I'm pretty sure that while they lost 900k subscribers, Actual PROFITS increased

Also Wat "What is wrong with fanboys? Can their irrational ways be considered similar to a battered woman defending her abusive husband?"

I actually happen to like the game which I have been playing for 4 years, Put a lot of money into, Frequent various fansites and devote a portion of my time to, Ergo LOL I HAVE STOCKHOLME SYNDROME
    Last edited by Beno113; 2011-08-11 at 04:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

mo money mo probs... and more people trying to get you to jump through hoops for them

If an MMO only requires 500k subs to stay healthy at 15$ a month*
    Stopped reading there because it's not $15 across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursey View Post
    Really? I lost interest about here
    Sorry that statistics bore you.

Quote Originally Posted by beno113 View Post
    Source on this?

Also Wat "What is wrong with fanboys? Can their irrational ways be considered similar to a battered woman defending her abusive husband?"

I actually happen to like the game which I have been playing for 4 years, Put a lot of money into, Frequent various fansites and devote a portion of my time to, Ergo LOL I HAVE STOCKHOLME SYNDROME
    It was just a joke pointed at the hardcore fanboys, relax man.

Quote Originally Posted by beno113 View Post
    Source on this?

Nope read the report. profit margin dropped from 1st qt - 2nd qt

Quote Originally Posted by mmochampion1000 View Post
    Stopped reading there because it's not $15 across the board.
    Read the bottom of the post...

Saw your post on the US forums and had a good laugh. Some of these questions are to sleep on, but others...

Why is so much development time being spent on developing raids, when the majority of subscribers don't raid or don't raid on a regular basis?

10+ Year Old Account
    It was just a joke pointed at the hardcore fanboys, relax man.
    Mhmkay then, Now I'm more confused

Im genuinely asking the questions. Don't mistake them as rhetorical.
    It was just a joke.
    Sort your shit out.
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?