Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Deathing, Do we actually kill him?

I've been reading a lot of lore the past 3 days, basically nearly everything from WC1 to Cataclysm <.< but anyways, I was on the toilet and I had a revelation.

What if we don't actually kill deathwing? I mean, He is known for running away when the going gets tough and if he is this great being of immense power that can tumble the world in the Hour of Twilight with the old gods.. then how do a mere mortal kill it?.

So what if we got to a certain % and he runs off only to come back when the old gods ''whisper'' him to come back, if you know the lore you would know the assumptions that he is there greatest weapon.

So maybe we haven't seen deathwing at full capacity and maybe never will?.

If we killed Illidan, whom many fans loved and saw as a hero in his own ways, I'm pretty sure Deathwing doesn't stand a chance. ^_^;;

Deleted
    At 5 % he turns into a troll and you have to run 7 consequetive (spelling?) Zandalari's to kill him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by videogamerpat View Post
    If we killed Illidan, whom many fans loved and saw as a hero in his own ways, I'm pretty sure Deathwing doesn't stand a chance. ^_^;;

How does Illidan have to do anything with the thread? I mean, Sure he was powerful but he seen his potential from the start, deathwing there is more to him surely the gods greatest weapon wouldn't just get killed by 10/25 mortals no?.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing's "boss" or the one who corrupted him, is N'Zath, and we're probly killing that old got in this expansion. And yeah, he won't get away this time. Ragnaros tried and as he said "too soon" and ducked down into the lava, Malfurion, Cenarius, & Hamul stopped him.

Some different armor platings or skins of Deathwing were datamined a while ago. Hinting that his armor will be torn apart as the fight goes on, and he will eventually be unable to keep himself contained. The reason he has all that armor is because the demon soul was literally ripping him apart.

I'm sure there will be some epic death scene, and he might feel bad in the end.

But if you did Vashj'ir, you'll see plenty of signs that there is an Old God at work.

To not have him killed would be a huge slap in the face.

"Hey, I know you've been looking forward to slaying this mighty dragon for the past year or so, but we like him and we're going to let him rest somewhere and lick his wounds so he can make a return later."

Deleted
    If they demoted the two biggest and best lore characters, Arthas and Illidan into farmable and killable raid bosses, they better not give special treatment to some uninteresting dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    At 5 % he turns into a troll and
    begins regenerating 5 health/sec...

and there's nothing you can do about it!

I'm getting a bit tetchy about people calling us mere mortals. Stand back and look at who and what we have killed up until now, we are exceptionally powerful mortals and if we aren't quite powerful enough, a few celebrities usually rock up to aid us for free because we are so awesome.

As for deathwing, I'm half expecting a vehicle mechanic or another aspect to turn up to tank him while we work on dismantling him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, at Blizzcon, Thrall plays a MAJOR role in the fall of Deathwing. If you did the quest where they attempted to destroy Thrall, they made mention that he was the only thing standing in their way. More than likely they were referring to Ragnaros, but Rag is working for DW. Either way, Thrall will play some part in the fall of DW as well as Alexstraza, and I'm sure they'll bring back that untainted black dragon egg, from the Badlands questline.

I however would like to see the black dragonflight be replaced by their descendants, the nether drakes, with Neltharaku as the new aspect. Neltharaku is the brood father of the Netherwing, and you do a quest for him to save his mate, in shadowmoon valley. They are descendants of the black dragonflight, but they are free of the corruption of the Old Gods.

---------- Post added 2011-08-03 at 11:53 PM ----------

Also, we aren't needed to kill LK. We just have to get him to 10%. If you don't rez and just sit and watch, Tirion and King Menethil?, will slowly but surely take down Arthas. Actually, even if you release after jumping off and trying to run back in, the encounter doesn't reset bc LK is still in combat, and you won't get kill credit, but you will get to loot. Found that out a few months ago. lol

15+ Year Old Account
    we will not just kill him. we will reach to his living guts, pull them from the inside and wear them around as items! and next week, we'll kill him again.

or and thrall will drink his blood and become a dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkwing View Post
    To not have him killed would be a huge slap in the face.

"Hey, I know you've been looking forward to slaying this mighty dragon for the past year or so, but we like him and we're going to let him rest somewhere and lick his wounds so he can make a return later."
    Not like it would be completely strange and unusual for Blizzard to let us kill him then still have him lick his wounds and return later. Just sayin'.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if we kill him and an Old God slithers out of him.. >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhide View Post
    I'm getting a bit tetchy about people calling us mere mortals. Stand back and look at who and what we have killed up until now, we are exceptionally powerful mortals and if we aren't quite powerful enough, a few celebrities usually rock up to aid us for free because we are so awesome.

As for deathwing, I'm half expecting a vehicle mechanic or another aspect to turn up to tank him while we work on dismantling him.

Well, we are mere mortals <. < Sorry you thought of you're self as more.. but I get where you're coming from :P..

thank's heaps for all the feedback, I just wasn't sure but it's good and it makes sense that we would dismantle the armor which is keeping him alive but who knows really.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulled View Post
    How does Illidan have to do anything with the thread? I mean, Sure he was powerful but he seen his potential from the start, deathwing there is more to him surely the gods greatest weapon wouldn't just get killed by 10/25 mortals no?.
    Though not as strong, We killed Malygos and he was an aspect as well. If we can kill him, and the 'death god' (Lich King) I'm certain Deathwing WILL die this time around. The "mortals" have the Ancients on their side now, along side Ysera, Alextrasza and maybe even Nozdormu(Sp?)

Quote Originally Posted by Alterraia View Post
    I however would like to see the black dragonflight be replaced by their descendants, the nether drakes, with Neltharaku as the new aspect.
    While a neat idea, I don't think it can happen because thanks to a Red Drake that I can't remember the name of along side you the player and a gnome you manage to get a purified Black Dragon Egg from the Badlands chain which is wisked away and protected from deathwing. :3
    Last edited by Keristrasza; 2011-08-04 at 07:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Well we've killed one aspect, Malygos, so what stop us from killing another? And I hope that Blizzard will break the vault of ideas for mechanics for Death-Wing because Cataclysm has been very mellow on boss fights. Now there have been some interesting fights I'll give you that, but nothing that makes me bubble over in amazement.

Quote Originally Posted by Alterraia View Post
    Deathwing's "boss" or the one who corrupted him, is N'Zath, and we're probly killing that old got in this expansion. And yeah, he won't get away this time. Ragnaros tried and as he said "too soon" and ducked down into the lava, Malfurion, Cenarius, & Hamul stopped him.

Some different armor platings or skins of Deathwing were datamined a while ago. Hinting that his armor will be torn apart as the fight goes on, and he will eventually be unable to keep himself contained. The reason he has all that armor is because the demon soul was literally ripping him apart.

I'm sure there will be some epic death scene, and he might feel bad in the end.

But if you did Vashj'ir, you'll see plenty of signs that there is an Old God at work.
    Yes, there is an Old God at work here. A Blue (Zarhym I think) stated that we will not see N'zoth this expansion. He will most likely be seen in the Emerald Nightmare/Dream expansion/patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BoARep View Post
    Well we've killed one aspect, Malygos, so what stop us from killing another? And I hope that Blizzard will break the vault of ideas for mechanics for Death-Wing because Cataclysm has been very mellow on boss fights. Now there have been some interesting fights I'll give you that, but nothing that makes me bubble over in amazement.

Deathwing is an aspect yes, but I'm not 100% sure all the power from the demon/dragon soul was taken from him, and it states here on Wowpedia :

In recent years, the whisperings of the Old Gods have gotten worse; the Old Ones' dread power steadily increased as C'Thun and Yogg-Saron stirred from their ancient slumbers, and the growing influence of the Old Gods has magnified Deathwing's power ten-fold.

Thus, him having more power than a normal aspect :P....

10+ Year Old Account
    Us specifically? I really doubt it, I mean they wouldn't even let us kill Lich King, highly doubt we'll even get Deathwing below 50%.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted
    Yes, I have a feeling we're going to get to the stage where Alexstraza is the last of the original dragon aspects left alive. Malygos is dead, Deathwing will be gone, Nozdormu knows he will perish, leaving Ysera (possibly in the Emerald Dream expansion).