Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by velias View Post
    I mean really, wow has degraded into being less about fun and spontaneity and more about studying for
    both pve and pvp.

I've played since vanilla and i've been in numerous high end guilds. My guild killed KT at level 60 and finished top
    20 for everything in vanilla in TBC, as well as wotlk. Back then it was fun. Now, not so much.
    I remember playing TBC and it was okay to experiment and try off the cuff things, to an extent. Now when
    you raid you have to do "x" dps. You have to place on world of logs. If you don't get top 20 placements you're a newb. You have
    no business talking about anything.

Pvp is the same crap. You have to have "x" spec or you're a newb. You can't do anything off the cuff. You have
    to gem a certain way and you better watch videos to see the latest strats everyone uses in 3s. You have to run "x"
    comp.

The fun off the cuff stuff from tbc/vanilla is gone. Remember TM/SS at level 60? Sure it didn't require a lot of skill. But boy was it
    fun to aggro 20 guards at TM and watch the mayhem. Now you just sit in org waiting in que for a bg or arena. I've played at around 2600
    in season 9 and playing at that level is a pain - its not about fun, its about finding who you can tolerate doing 3s with. People raging
    on skype is common. People rage quitting the team because someone makes a mistake, this happens over and over and you just find more teammates who you can tolerate / act like an adult on skype. Its just stupid having to do this to get points for pvp.

Really, when did the game degrade into this? I feel like wow is a glorified chat box where you just sit in org/sw all day
    in between studying theorycraft just to be successful.

I sincerely hope SWTOR destroys WoW, the game has degraded into this nonsense. Its outlasted its welcome, IMO.
    I lol at the idiots who think SWTOR will actually be good at all. Those fanboys are almost as amusing as the GW2 fanboys. Bad games aside, you honestly cannot tell me you wanted people in your raids when they ran bad specs. Sure, you could get away with it because most people didn't run mods to monitor dps, there was a lack of sites with useful resources, and etc, but who the fuck wanted to WILLINGLY gimp their selves? Also, it was the same way in PvP, with the exception of two to three classes *cough* healers *cough*. But I want to know how you claim to be at 2600 and then complaining about rage quitting teammates. If you had a 3's that was successful enough to obtain that rating, obviously you were enjoying the company of each other as you fought teams. You're just trying to make points that aren't even valid in your case ... if you aren't lying that is.

Deleted
    I derail from the standard path, I just do what I feel like, never read guides (guides are for the weak) heck I wouldn't even know where to find guides but I still roflpwn my entire guild and entire battlegrounds, problem? trollface.jpg

So yeah, as long as you know what you're doing you'll be alright, though I have to admit this freedom was more during TBC.
    (Wrath after Ulduar still sucks)

I mean really, wow has degraded into being less about fun and spontaneity and more about studying for
    both pve and pvp.
    I've played since Vanilla's beta. You do realize WoW is exactly the same as it was from Day 1? Only thing is things are easier to understand and much more easier for everyone. You think grinding rep for week's end only to see it go up slowly fun? Fights were just as hard then as they are now. Only difference is the community has gotten smarter as well as upload everything they find out about the fights. Itemization is a lot better than it was in Vanilla. Back then the game had items with mainly stam, main stat and that was about it. It was hard to find items that actually made you "stronger".

Then again fun is in the eyes of the beholder. So your sense of fun may not be the same sense of fun for everyone else.

I have played this game since vanilla myself and found the game to be the most awesome shit to -ever- be developed.
    Then came TBC and It was really a blast leveling through the new places, replacing the old epics was hard, but it was worth it!
    When you finally hit level 70 you had a huge amount of instances you could try to conquer. The skill required to beat the heroics in tbc was actually rather high, I still remember being a Rogue and having to live through the 360 cleaves from some of the heroic mobs. (1 shot pewpew).
    The raiding and pvp was also topnotch, going down from 40 man to 25 man was hard for the guild, but it worked. Arena was insanely addictive aswell.

wotlk - ulduar was fun, rest was shit. arena was a joke aswell.

cataclysm - Rated BGs was awesome, tier 11 was the biggest joke I've ever encountered (we ended up EU 3rd and the amount of bugs / badly tuned encounters was amazing. beta test where?)

I pray for TOR to be really successful, not because I'm looking forward to play it at all, but that will take a lot of the elitlst whiny pricks away from the game i actually like to play (whick is wow)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

Quote Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
    Opinions =/= fact
    Hey guess what, this guy finished the thread.
    Your opinion is SUBJECTIVE. Don't state it as a fact. If YOU don't like the game, it doesn't mean it is bad. It just means you should find a different hobby. Other people still enjoy wow and we don't think it has degraded into "this nonsense".
    Still waiting for competitive PvP to not be a trainwreck...

10+ Year Old Account
    I would agree that the playerbase has degraded into nonsense before I would agree that the game has degraded into nonsense.

"Hai gais in the <insert random hobby> forums. I used to be like you and delve into said hobby, but now i moved on and dont like it anymore. Hence the only possible thing is that this hobby sucks for everyone and their grandma and you must be retards!"
    Cwutididthar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

I sincerely hope SWTOR destroys WoW, the game has degraded into this nonsense. Its outlasted its welcome, IMO.
    You sir are a selfish ignorant human being. You hope somthing that people enjoy ends because you personaly don't like it. If that is the case go play somthing else (like SWTOR as you stated) Yes this game has issues, nothing is perfect and maybe Blizz is making some wrong desicions, but it's their game. Don't go around spewing hate like some sort of hate spewing six-headded hydra..

bad simile is bad..

Have a nice day

Posting on MMO-Champion forums isn't going to help you. Logging off and doing something you actually will enjoy will.

I swear if i see another post like WoW was so much better in Vanilla.. It was not, there were so many unbalanced things during it. Only reason you like vanilla more then any other time is because when you discover a game for the first time it is more appealing to you then 2, 3, 6 years in.

10+ Year Old Account
    No ones forcing you to play..

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    And these, my friends, is why SWTOR is on my "wait to see" list. Because everybody and their moms will be Jedis, and then the cries will start.
    I am going to be Sith too, I am want to be a sniping assassin, but you are right it is more a fanboy thing. But Bioware is a solid company, and thier games will always have my attention.

You can take a wait and see approach nothing wrong with that, but I do not understand why I am going to start crying, that seemed like a silly and unfounded statement.

It's shitty game, get over it.

Deleted
    Mate the game was fun because it was all new, and nothing is new anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thug Life View Post
    I swear if i see another post like WoW was so much better in Vanilla.. It was not, there were so many unbalanced things during it. Only reason you like vanilla more then any other time is because when you discover a game for the first time it is more appealing to you then 2, 3, 6 years in.
    I would say that the Vanilla Community was better than modern day WoW's community though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I like GW2 and it's ideas.
    Seconded. GW2 is kind of doing the opposite of SW:ToR for me. The more I found about SW:ToR the less excited I am, but the more I found about GW2 I find out, the more I'm totally fucking pumped to get it. I might just die if it's not out by the end of the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonicoff View Post
    You sir are a selfish ignorant human being. You hope somthing that people enjoy ends because you personaly don't like it. If that is the case go play somthing else (like SWTOR as you stated) Yes this game has issues, nothing is perfect and maybe Blizz is making some wrong desicions, but it's their game. Don't go around spewing hate like some sort of hate spewing six-headded hydra..

bad simile is bad..

Have a nice day
    Don't worry about it, by virtue of it being labeled Star Wars it is going to be a hugely niche game. Regrettably, we SW fans have a much over-inflated view of our importance in modern day fantasy culture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Porag View Post
    You can take a wait and see approach nothing wrong with that, but I do not understand why I am going to start crying, that seemed like a silly and unfounded statement.
    I didn't point you or anyone directly, but we all know how is the gaming community nowadays.

---------- Post added 2011-08-04 at 03:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I would say that the Vanilla Community was better than modern day WoW's community though.
    And this is a truth.

Deleted
    You have to place on world of logs. If you don't get top 20 placements you're a newb.
    What?

I don't think I've placed on any toplist on World of Logs (No one in my guild even cares about them and we couldn't be bothered to log if we so got paid for it) and I'm happy raiding.

I think you aren't raiding for YOUR OWN enjoyment. You really should.