Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    i lol at almost every person that says religion is evil. that it causes so much bad to happen in the world. it's not the religion itself. it's the people who do things in the name of the religion.

case in point: if i did a random heinous act in YOUR name, does that make YOU an evil person?

just saying.
    If you go out and commit random heinous acts in my name after I wrote a book telling people that going out and commiting said heinous acts is their moral duty... yes, that does make me evil.

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    You can't live your entire life in fear of stepping on the toes of mental 3rd graders. Where I'm from, religious people are viewed as more as an amusing curiosity than taken seriously, and just sort of accepted as social weirdlings.

Maybe that's what the world needs. People who are willing to stand up and openly laugh in the face of ridiculous superstition.
    So all religious folk are mental 3rd graders? Damn. And here I was thinking that 3rd grade was far behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    So you quoted both wiki and a site for a philosophy magazine. Such terrible source. As far as this debate goes, the Theory of Gravity and the Law of Gravitation are two entirely different things. The theory is being studied as we speaks in the field of fundamental particles. The Law was a theory when Newton published it, but since there has never been a counter-proof or counter-example it is LAW, an it is FACT.
    You're over simplifying things, for god knows why (cwutididthar?). The Theory of gravitation and gravity are one in the same. Newtons Laws of Gravity explain a very small scope of the Universal Theory of Gravity. yes, we know when you drop something it falls to the ground. We know masses attract to eachother based on their size. These are laws that fall within the Universal Theory of Gravity, which attempts to explain WHY masses attract to each other based on size. We do not, however, know exactly why. We cannot prove why. It is a theory. If you'd like, I actually KNOW physicists (Real live ones, with degrees and everything!). I'd be happy to give them your email so they can explain it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    There might be a god. Even if there isn't, we as a species should play it safe and put effort into emulating his powers. That way, if such a being were ever to turn against us, we could combat it on equal ground.

And yes, I just suggested an arms race against god.
    You don't deserve to have her lordship in your sig.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis