Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The hunt for Swifty

I can see the point you're making. The nature of this venture is a bit creepy.

I shall stop it.

Just as a final note; I had no ill intentions here, I am just a guy bored at work.

Have a lovely day!
    Last edited by harizon; 2011-08-09 at 11:32 AM.

I don't mean to post unconstructively, but I really don't get why people care so much about Swifty.. or any "pro" players of this game at all, beyond an "oh, that's cool". It's not a skill ceiling masterpiece or anything.

I'm infinitely more impressed by Starcraft champions and the like. All that micromanagement. No wonder it's so big in Korea.
    Those who search for meaning in something will always find it - even if it's not there. Apophenia and pareidolia, gentlemen.

Deleted
    he shows in one of his videos where he lives.. on google earth..

10+ Year Old Account
    I distinctly remember on 1 of his videos about how to reduce lag, that he lives on 1 of the islands near mexico and his server is in like, Washington, so use this to reduce lag. Coulda sworn it was Puerto Rico or I may have been dreaming.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

I don't really get the point of this thread besides possibly creeping out swifty if he was to read this thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorthalis View Post
    . All that micromanagement. No wonder it's so big in Korea.
    I have a friend from Korea, he said they have classes there that use Starcraft to teach economics, I thought that was really cool.

Deleted
    I don't mean to post unconstructively, but I really don't get why people care so much about Swifty.. or any "pro" players of this game at all, beyond an "oh, that's cool". It's not a skill ceiling masterpiece or anything.

I'm infinitely more impressed by Starcraft champions and the like. All that micromanagement. No wonder it's so big in Korea.
    If your hobby is tennis - you watch the famous tennis players
    If your hobby is pool - you watch the famous pool players
    If your hobby is football - you watch the famous football players

If your hobby is WoW - you watch the famous WoW players

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    He does not live there anymore.. He moved to Florida a few years back, that is where he lived before and also where he is from =)

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Swifty doesn't live in Puerto Rico anymore, by the way.

In a lot of his RL videos he states he lives in Florida. That video Schadow linked was from September 11th, 2009.

It's kind of creepy you're trying to find him though.

As you can see, that video is from 2009. He has since moved to Florida.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems a tad weird to get people in on a group stalking effort. That's cool that you are a dedicated fan of swifty's though. I'd say if you really wanted to know where he lived you could email him and ask... to find out if he wanted you to know or not....this whole thing is a lil creeperish though.

Made by dubbelbasse

10+ Year Old Account
    Your a loser 49 posts and say /thread.

FYI He moved in with someone and I am pretty sure he lives in California but OP's information may discredit what I am saying.

Deleted
    who is swifty? someone I should know? no? ok bye

I am not here proclaiming Swifty as my god. Nor is a the most skilled gamer ever. I completely agree that high level RTS requires an insane amount of skill.
    I just don't play RTS games or watch them for entertainment. I play WoW and like watching videos on that topic, where Swifty is a decent entertainer.

There is no profound reason for this, I was just bored and thought this would be kinda fun.
    Maybe it speaks to my character the fact I find this fun. Either way, my intention in this is not to creep him or anyone out.

OP needs to get a life.

Deleted
    Stalk more, brah

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    If your hobby is tennis - you watch the famous tennis players
    If your hobby is pool - you watch the famous pool players
    If your hobby is football - you watch the famous football players

If your hobby is WoW - you watch the famous WoW players
    I see what you're saying, but Swifty is treated as some kind of godlike figure by some, which I just feel is just unwarranted, especially when the game is placed alongside others in terms of complication and difficulty. But that's off-topic and I won't press the issue further than that.
    Last edited by Gorthalis; 2011-08-09 at 11:24 AM.
    Those who search for meaning in something will always find it - even if it's not there. Apophenia and pareidolia, gentlemen.

For some reason when i read the post this came to mind : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmMmuf5p0W4 8)

Deleted
    Is this allowed?

Deleted
    Stalker. That's not a positive thing.