Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the Transmogrifier does what I think it does my priest will have all his gear transmogified to look like the Blue level 60 pvp set legionnaire's something (Horde set). My staff will be transmogified to look like the the disciplinary staff (The one in the Priest class Icon). I like to wear that PvP set around when I'm not using my stat gear, and carry the staff as well, it just makes my character look like an epic shadow priest (It looks really good on male Trolls).

Isnt the Void Storage the Account Bank we heard of earlier? a bank that u share with all your characters.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    It's been said at least 20 times in here.
    I think maybe you'll get 5 slots and a gold cap on normal service. 20 slots and no gold cap on premium.
    That is just silly! Considering that anyone can make their own "guild vault" where you can get all the slots, even if you are alone in guild. Sure it is quite expensive to buy all guild bank slots if you have "1 man guild" but there is no limit in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pay to change the appearance of your items :S

My paladin will be wearing Grand Marshal weapons for the rest of his life if you can choose item models.

if this is what everyone thinks it is, inc +thousands more subs, only took them almost 7 years but good work none the less =)

Why do I have a feeling the truth is gonna be so much more mundane than all these interesting theorys xD

Deleted
    Account wide storage would definitely be nice..

And allowing me to use legendary skins for my dual wielding dk? GIEF! (warglaive + thunderfury actually looks quite awesome)

Deleted
    I don't really know what Void Storage can be, the only options I can think of imply serious cahnges to the way economies work, or are extremely dull! The problem with account-wide storage for general items is that it would greatly affect realm-ecnomies: no more faction arbitrage and fundamentally linked cross-realm economies. If they implemented this then they might as well link all the auction houses in region together, which I'm not necessarily opposed to, and actually seems the most likely non-boring option. In fact, if they did decide to link all the region AHs together, then without some more convenient method to do so it would be used to transfer items between characters on different servers/factions just as the neutral AHs currently are for passing items cross faction (with all the attendant risks!) The title of the NPC "Vaultkeeper" seems to suggest it could be something of this nature.

If it's faction and server-bound shared storage to avoid those impacts then it's convenient, but no better than posting stuff, and also I'd have thought they'd simply add a new type of banker with the other bankers rather than a separate NPC in a new area. Such a banker probably wouldn't see that much use anyway as post-boxes are right next to auction houses and you can post more between characters than you can store and posting costs a pittance. If the Void Storage is simply for passing heirlooms between servers, then why use an in-game NPC and not just the mail system? Dull, dull, dull.

Another option for the Void Storage might be a way to retrieve items that you've lost like the tabard vendor. The trouble with that is that I'm not sure what items would qualify, standard tabards are fine for this because they only have one use (being worn) but items can be DE'd or traded or any number of other things. I think this is unlikely.

I hope that the Transmogrifier is an in-game money sink to change item models to others of the same type, in the same way that the Arcane Reforger is an in-game money sink that changes the stats. The title of the NPC "Warpweaver" fits such a role.

If it is an "appearance tab equivalent" then it's significantly more likely that any cosmetic armour modification would be to swap one entire model for another one, not changing the colours on a single piece. The colour of the armour is part of the skin, the recolourings of armour skins currently in-game are new skins, not just a re-tinting of a single-skin by the game engine itself. Being able to tint the entire skin would probably work, but it would also be hideous. Any skin where parts would change colour whilst others remain constant (like tabards do currently) would have to designed to work that way, and I can't see them redesigning all the armour skins to work this way.

Hang on isn't a Transmogrifier something that appears in numerous Calvin & Hobbes stories - usually with hilarious but disasterous results? Hmm don't know wether to be scared, excited or both

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kharsis View Post
    Hang on isn't a Transmogrifier something that appears in numerous Calvin & Hobbes stories - usually with hilarious but disasterous results? Hmm don't know wether to be scared, excited or both
    Glad somebody else got that reference. Perhaps its like you pay gold and specify a target item's appearance. After that - It's down to RNG. You could end up walking around looking like a right douche lol

Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    I figured void storage might be related to something they mentioned earlier about storage for tabards and old tier sets that clutter up storage slots.

My guess is the arcane reforger here is the equipment appearance modifier the community has been begging for.
    This void storage to lock away all that vanity stuff we keep getting that fills up my bank would be amazing and transmorgifier just sounds like a visual modification feature. i DO hope it is more than a paint job but tbh even that would be a step in the right direction. the "changing weapons to fish" examples here is probably too much but if i want my T11 to be red to match my T12 then coolies

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    Why do I have a feeling the truth is gonna be so much more mundane than all these interesting theorys xD
    Because we're talking about Blizzard. Where nothing truly original ever occurs.

Deleted
    Hello, Aion.

It's a huge stretch, but I'm praying that account-wide achievements are on the way.

Deleted
    The NPC names are likely to be anagrams, which have been identified here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/956329-Void-Transmogifier-is-an-anagram

all the reforging NPCs in this game are already called Arcane Reforger so thats nothing special. http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=arcane+reforger

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    The NPC names are likely to be anagrams, which have been identified here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/956329-Void-Transmogifier-is-an-anagram

First one could be, though I doubt it.
    The second one isn't even an anagram for anything that makes any sense.

I love the Ethereal's, they are my favorite race in Warcraft history. Interesting...

http://themaelstorm.tumblr.com/post/...ards-new-tease my ideas.
    Damn you Blizzard, damn you.
    What do I think? Let’s look at what we have at hand.
    1. It looks like Stormwind.
    2. Ethereals!
    3. 4.3 will be the largest content patch since cata
    4. Blizzcon is coming and new expansion will be released
    Now I can think of three conspiracies.
    1. Teasing of a new race in new expansion: Unlikely really. Putting them as NPCs with funky jobs isn’t the way I think Blizzard would take
    2. Funky jobs are actually regular jobs with new names: Unlikely. If that was the case, Arcane Reforger would be named differently too.
    3. New game functions: This is most likely.
    Transmogrify means changing the appearance of something and since we have barbers and there has been a great demand and hints that Blizzard was working on it… Item customization seems a very strong candidate.
    Void Storage. Now this could mean lots of things. For example, you put your armor sets in your void storage, then retrieve them any time through the void. Or it could be a fancy name for a tabard storage with a similar logic.
    Relating with the item customization idea, however, I’ve also another thought. In Darkspore, you can change an item’s type into “detail”. This kills all the stats in the item, making it a cosmetic “detail” that you can place on your hero. Maybe Void Storage is something like that. For an amount of money, you place an item in your void storage. From now on, you can use the transmogrifier to change an item of same type to look like that.
    Well. Who knows? Blizzard and teasing is always amusing.