DRAM Frequency and new mobo - help needed!

Hey guys

So a couple of days ago I got my Intel i7 2600K with a ASUS P8P67 Deluxe motherboard. After I installed the the new mobo in my case, I turned on the computer. It then started up but quickly shut down again (did this like 3 times), before entering Windows. I then download and updated some drivers - thought this would solve the problem. Tried again, but the same thing happened.
    Then I did some troubleshooting, and then tried the MemOK!-button on the motherboard. This solved the problem.

Now when I just thought the problems were all gone, I download CPU-Z, and these frequencies appeared on my screen.
    img707.imageshack.us/img707/5300/cpuz1o.jpg
    img402.imageshack.us/img402/1010/cpuz2k.jpg
    I know the DRAM frequency under "Memory" in CPU-Z needs to be multiplied by two (which gives somewhere close to 1333), but I seem the find the frequency of each RAM ? Which are not close to 1333 (when multiplied by 2)
    Im using these RAM:
    nextag.com/Kingston-4GB-DDR3-SDRAM-641959322/specs-html?nxtg=30930a280504-0CFAF76A79EF12D7

And just a quick off topic question:
    When I was downloading new drivers (from asus.com) I saw a driver/update for Intel Chipset (Intel Chipset Inf Update Program V9.2.0.1015), what will this driver do ?

Hope you can help!

15+ Year Old Account
    Post caught by moderation filter. Have a free bump!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiistz View Post
    Now when I just thought the problems were all gone, I download CPU-Z, and these frequencies appeared on my screen.
    img707.imageshack.us/img707/5300/cpuz1o.jpg
    img402.imageshack.us/img402/1010/cpuz2k.jpg
    I know the DRAM frequency under "Memory" in CPU-Z needs to be multiplied by two (which gives somewhere close to 1333), but I seem the find the frequency of each RAM ? Which are not close to 1333 (when multiplied by 2)
    Im using these RAM:
    nextag.com/Kingston-4GB-DDR3-SDRAM-641959322/specs-html?nxtg=30930a280504-0CFAF76A79EF12D7

And just a quick off topic question:
    When I was downloading new drivers (from asus.com) I saw a driver/update for Intel Chipset (Intel Chipset Inf Update Program V9.2.0.1015), what will this driver do ?

Hope you can help!
    Your ram looks just fine to me. The frequencies in the first picture are the correct ones that your RAM is running on. You can't make each stick run in different timings / frequancies as far as I'm concerned. Not sure what those frequancies in the SDP tab are but it's normal that they aren't the same as in memory tab .

edit: quick google search revealed this regarding the intel chipset inf update utility http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...eng&iid=dc_rss
    Last edited by Ghâzh; 2011-08-13 at 12:09 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You're using the same series as memory that we use in our store builds. Frequency is correct. It is odd that there is a variable frequency in the second picture but that can easily be attributed to which DIMMS are actually under load at that time.

I wouldn't worry about it but you should know that should you choose to OC your memory will hold you back if you try to OC the memory. Otherwise just OC the multiplier on the CPU.