Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Well they were quick to kill a little girl, thankfully they didn't otherwise the matron would have had my tauren balls
    They did because they know what she "will" (I say will because the timelines aren't set; Only Nozdormu knows how things end up, and sometimes he isn't even sure *cough*) do something horrible in the future, probably help the Bronze Dragonflight out, and end up trying to change time (Possibly to save a loved one, things like that; Say, if my wife died during the Deathwing battle, but I went back in time and saved her, Deathwing never would have died and the whole timeline would be fucking screwed).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Well they were quick to kill a little girl, thankfully they didn't otherwise the matron would have had my tauren balls
    The dragonspawn were, but the dragon chilling by the Sands of Time called them off, reminding them that their role is to defend time as we know it, not cut off someone from their fate prematurely.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Interesting little tid bits of information

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    The dragonspawn were, but the dragon chilling by the Sands of Time called them off, reminding them that their role is to defend time as we know it, not cut off someone from their fate prematurely.
    Pretty much "Yo, remember your place bitches!"

This is some bullshit lore trashing right up in here. The Vykrul were already affected with the curse of flesh. They were fleshy giant guys. The humans were the inferior offspring they cast off, but it was after the curse of flesh thingy changed them.

The giants are all on Azeroth! They were created on Azeroth. They were created to help shape Azeroth, in fact, by the Titans. There are no giants on Draenor. Draenor did not interact with Azeroth until the first war. So how the kitten kaboodle are the Gron suddenly decended from stone giants. What the fugazi. This makes no sense.

What is the reason that the Blizzard devs are playing lore mad libs? The lore was kind of spaghetti before this, what with Knaak arbitrarily inserting literary representations of his penis in to lore at all points to take the spot light and kick the actual heroes out, and lots of things bolted on because they add fun quests, but this is really taking it to the next level of arbitrary.

Also: How did trolls and tauren survive Azeroth being remade? Remember that Algalon guy that pointed out everyone would die if it were remade again?

Deleted
    I like that, thanks for sharing the whole article with us

Bahaha, I will love to hear my fellow nightelves and my fellow trolls (I play both *cough*) fighting over that one in the forums.

But now, there's new questions: from what race did the Aquir come?

Where are Alleria and Turalyon?

And why oh why are the evil ones always the good looking ones? ;P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    This is some bullshit lore trashing right up in here. The Vykrul were already affected with the curse of flesh. They were fleshy giant guys. The humans were the inferior offspring they cast off, but it was after the curse of flesh thingy changed them.

The giants are all on Azeroth! They were created on Azeroth. They were created to help shape Azeroth, in fact, by the Titans. There are no giants on Draenor. Draenor did not interact with Azeroth until the first war. So how the kitten kaboodle are the Gron suddenly decended from stone giants. What the fugazi. This makes no sense.

Also: How did trolls and tauren survive Azeroth being remade? Remember that Algalon guy that pointed out everyone would die if it were remade again?
    I do agree somewhat with this, but perhaps the Titans indeed did place giants on Draenor too but they simply evolved/devolved before our knowledge

What is the reason that the Blizzard devs are playing lore mad libs? The lore was kind of spaghetti before this, what with Knaak arbitrarily inserting literary representations of his penis in to lore at all points to take the spot light and kick the actual heroes out, and lots of things bolted on because they add fun quests, but this is really taking it to the next level of arbitrary.

Is it so hard to consider that they "fixed" up Draenor like they did with countless other worlds? And the Old Gods are based off Lovecraft's books, of course there are gonna be Old Gods on Draenor, in Lovecraft's books he says they are as "countless as the stars."

It makes sense, if you think about it.

TL;DR: Azeroth is not a special snowflake.

Deleted

My guess is that there were also giants on Draenor, they had nothing to do with Azeroth-giants. It has already been hinted, that there were Old Gods there too, so that world took a similar path as Azeroth.

And the Titans did not "remake" Azeroth, when they discovered the Old Gods. They fought them and locked them up. That is in the ingame book about the Old Gods and the Titans: the infection was already too far spread, so they could not kill them, but locked them up instead. No Re-Origination, they wanted to try and preserve Azeroth as it was, put the Watchers there to look out, if the Old Gods' infection ever got out of hand and only then should the world have been re-originated (which it did, the signal being the death of a watcher, Loken, and then Algalon came to take care of it, but we "convinced" him not to)

Deleted
    Giants are part of Draenor's lore since Warcraft II. The Temple of the Damned (Grombolar) were built with their bones.

Deleted
    The CoF can further mutate creatures (see Earthen > Stone Trogg > Trogg).

The WC2 manual states the Temples of the Damned are created from bones of Draenor's native giants. Also, see all the collossi in Outland.

Because in the case of their first visit it was reshaped rather than built from scratch. The new reorigination would mean Azeroth being 'ground up' into basic planetary 'building blocks' and rebuilt without the Old Gods (and any other life-form in the process).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Is it so hard to consider that they "fixed" up Draenor like they did with countless other worlds? And the Old Gods are based off Lovecraft's books, of course there are gonna be Old Gods on Draenor, in Lovecraft's books he says they are as "countless as the stars."

It makes sense, if you think about it.

TL;DR: Azeroth is not a special snowflake.
    If Draenor was one of the planets "originated" by the Titans, then the Legion would had destroyed it. That's why Sargeras created the Legion in the first place, to unmake the job done by the Titans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    If Draenor was one of the planets "originated" by the Titans, then the Legion would had destroyed it. That's why Sargeras created the Legion in the first place, to unmake the job done by the Titans.
    He wanted to destroy absolutely everything and rebuild it as he saw fit. He did not specifically target reshaped worlds, though I would guess he felt they were a priority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    He wanted to destroy absolutely everything and rebuild it as he saw fit. He did not specifically target reshaped worlds, though I would guess he felt they were a priority.
    Which makes it even less logical not to destroy Draenor when they had the chance.

But, I already speculated here, what if the Titans ARE originally from Draenor? We never saw how an "Earth Giant" looks like on Azeroth and they are called "Vanir".

---------- Post added 2011-08-16 at 03:09 PM ----------

By the way, uncorrupted Sargeras (drawn by Metzen):

Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2011-08-16 at 02:10 PM.

Which makes it even less logical not to destroy Draenor when they had the chance.
    Well technically they did destroy Dreanor, through their orc servants.

Deleted

---------- Post added 2011-08-16 at 03:09 PM ----------

By the way, uncorrupted Sargeras (drawn by Metzen):
    Never trust a guy with a rams skull on his shoulder

Deleted
    Galactu... I mean, Aggramar:

Khaz'goroth:

Eonar:

The Titans clearly made the Earthen and the Vrykul at their own image. And it's funny to see that Eonar looks like a mix of a human and a Night Elf female... uhm...

Thank you, my thought exactly, i call BS on this one.

Also if Tauren are from a Bull Ancient then how is it possible for them to exist in Azeroth before the Titans? BS i say...
    Last edited by esmifra; 2011-08-16 at 02:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

So, before yesterday, there was a total of 0 Pandaren present in Warcraft lore and suddenly they have a society older than Night Elves eh? I guess at this point it's safe to say that Mists of Pandaria will be the next expansion if something that big is coming to surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    So, before yesterday, there was a total of 0 Pandaren present in Warcraft lore and suddenly they have a society older than Night Elves eh? I guess at this point it's safe to say that Mists of Pandaria will be the next expansion if something that big is coming to surface.
    Chen Stormstout.

Stop exaggerating. Pandaria was referenced before WoW and Pandaren were upgraded from a joke to a canon race prior to the MMO even coming out.