Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    So has anyone else noticed the ram skull on his shoulder. This pic could help in the debate of where Frostmourne really came from.
    It's already known. It was forged by the Nathrizim (spelling?), along with the other armor. Nerzhul's soul was attached to it, encased in a block of ice and sent to Azeroth.

EDIT: Frostmourne's origins: (wowpedia = win).

When Ner'zhul was transformed into the Lich King by Kil'jaeden, his disembodied spirit was shackled to a magical suit of armor as well as the runeblade Frostmourne, and trapped within an icy tomb called the Frozen Throne. Both the armor and the blade were crafted by the Nathrezim[2] for the purpose of containing and controlling the Lich King.[3]
    It was retconned. Originally, Tichondrius said that the Lich King forged it, but quoted above is the current version.

And I think it's the Helm of Domination by the way. Not sure, could go either way, both make sense, that's just how I've always thought of it.
    Last edited by Sal the Shieldhog; 2011-08-16 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    By the way, uncorrupted Sargeras (drawn by Metzen):
    Lol he even looks a bit like Metzen.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    From what I'm given to understand, it was crafted by Ner'zhul, somehow. Either that, or it was crafted by Kil'jaeden and designed to be part of Ner'zhul's prison along with the armor and Helm of Command.
    The current version is that Frostmourne was crafted by the Nathrezim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    The current version is that Frostmourne was crafted by the Nathrezim.
    Huh. Well, that makes sense too. -files away for future conversations- Ten bucks says Detheroc had a hand in the soul-stealing/mind control component.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    We never saw how an "Earth Giant" looks like on Azeroth and they are called "Vanir".
    Archavon.

So has anyone else noticed the ram skull on his shoulder. This pic could help in the debate of where Frostmourne really came from.
    I'm pretty sure that's a Demon skull.

It was never confirmed. Didn't multiple people just say different things? Those are all the different sides to the story.

---------- Post added 2011-08-16 at 12:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Archaos View Post

I'm pretty sure that's a Demon skull.
    I am quite positive that is a ram skull.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2011-08-16 at 04:13 PM.

Deleted
    It was never confirmed. Didn't multiple people just say different things? Those are all the different sides to the story.
    Actually, back in WC3 Tichondrius said FM had been created by the Lich King. In the novel Arthas: Rise of the Lich King the dialogue's the same only he says it's made by the Nathrezim. So it seems it's been retconned.

Deleted
    I think I'm getting lost in all these lore changes/implications.

The game started with Orcs invading the races of Azeroth from another planet with the use of a multidimensional/travel portal. (Warcraft 1). This takes place like... what, 30 years before WoW?
    It goes on with WC2 until we end up going through the portal and pushing the Orcs back. (Warcraft 2).
    In WC3 we eventually find out that their planet (Draenor, the azerothians call it Outland) is dying. We then meet a new foe (The burning Legion) and it seems someone there is the headmaster between a finely planned plot that has lasted over 10.000 millenias, to take over Azeroth (why did Sargeras care so much? lol).
    In WC3 and especially WoW we find out a lot more stuff that was only barely mentioned before. Tbh we could say WC3/WoW is just a huge retcon in the attempt of creating a successfully deep lore, but we all liked it so we can't blame Bliz :P

We then find out that Medhiv, the last guardian (i.e. a group of millenary powerful human mages who are supposed to "protect" Azeroth someway. Wonder who/what/how created them and gave 'em knowledge), is the one who opened the original Portal with the help of Gul'dan on the other side.
    We also find out that Medhiv wasn't really himself but mindcontrolled by the Essence of Sargeras who entered inside of him by tainting his mother Aegwyn while he was still in her womb.

We also find out that the Draenei we were told about in WC are just "the brokens", i.e. Draenei who gave in to... I forgot, fel power? magic power? something.
    We also learn that Draenor is not their original homeplace, they came from Argus in an attempt to escape the Burning legion around 30.000 years ago. The 2 "generals" of the Burning Legions, Archimonde and Kil'jaeden, were once 2 of the 3 "bosses" of Argus, with the third being Velen who refused to ally with the Legion and escaped with the help of the Naaru and their multimensional ship (who the hell are the Naaru? >_>). They landed on a planet they called Draenor, where the orc weren't even a fully developed society/race.

Trolls and Night elves have always been on Azeroth (how did they survive the Titan's arrival? And why did they? Didn't Titans "reshaped" Azeroth completely? And what were the Old Gods doing on Azeroth before the Titans arrived and "bound" them down deep in the earth?), they're a race who was there before the Titans came and made Dwarves/Vrykuls (and hence Humans too). I forgot where the gnomes fit into this picture.
    About Elves now... I always thought there were only "High Elves", but with the original moonwell addiction thingy there was an explosion, boom, Azshara, Sargeras, etc etc. Some Elves decided to avoid relying on magic and embraced the nature and such and became the Night Elves, while others decided to keep relying on magic and eventually became the Blood Elves? Sorta?
    But what kind of elves were the one in WC1 and 2? I seem to recall they were just... Elves.

Now we learn that Night Elves come from Moonwell tainted-trolls. Ehr... wut? Okay I guess °_°

I have issues in putting together things that happened like 10.000 years ago and the shitton of events that happened over the last 30 years. Isn't there an accurate timeline somewhere? I feel I'm losing it D:

Actually, back in WC3 Tichondrius said FM had been created by the Lich King. In the novel Arthas: Rise of the Lich King the dialogue's the same only he says it's made by the Nathrezim. So it seems it's been retconned.
    Retconn

Who put it in the cavern that was no where near Ner'zhul? On a pedestal of all things.

---------- Post added 2011-08-16 at 12:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    That is from the RPG books, which was just recently said to not be canon by Blizzard. Well, the demon part (Manual of Monsters). Nathrezim are demons (which is from the Arthas book). So it can coincide.

What im trying to point out is that Sarg has a ram skull on his shoulder before meeting the Nathrezim. Later on the when they are allies, the Nathrezim make this sword, which just so happens to have a ram skull on it. It makes me believe that there is a direct link between Sargeras and Frostmourne.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2011-08-16 at 04:19 PM.

Deleted
    Who put it in the cavern that was no where near Ner'zhul? On a pedestal of all things.
    Ner'zhul thrust it from the ice and ordered his minions to take it to the place he knew Arthas would find it. It was... I think in the official storyline, I may be wrong though. Anyhow, it's from one of the older sources, but this particular part hasn't been called into question so far.

---------- Post added 2011-08-16 at 12:12 PM ----------

That is from the RPG books, which was just recently said to not be canon by Blizzard. Well, the demon part. Nathrezim are demons (which is from the Arthas book).
    Nah, latest is from Arthas book, so RPG books wouldn't even matter, as Arthas is the latest source.

Quote Originally Posted by Araella View Post
    The Titans titanically **** up any world they happened to come across, setting up shop with a bunch of crafted machines to finish strip mining them out while scouting the universe for new targets to 'set order to' (oh, and occasionally they dip native organisms that they happened to leave alive in lava to see what happens, apparently just for kicks). Why people see them as a bunch of benevolent creators is beyond me - they are essentially a race of extraordinarily arrogant intergalactic space Nazis.
    Hmmm, Intergalactic Space Nazis... Now that sounds like the next great (horrible) movie of the week for the SyFy Channel!

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see more titan pictures if there are more.

sarg is smexy

Deleted
    What im trying to point out is that Sarg has a ram skull on his shoulder before meeting the Nathrezim. Later on the when they are allies, the Nathrezim make this sword, which just so happens to have a ram skull on it. It makes me believe that there is a direct link between Sargeras and Frostmourne.
    It would be creepy as hell if it turned out Frostmourne was a shard of Gorshalach at some point. I mean it was a half-sentient blade (or possibly even more than half - see how it betrayed Ner'zhul in the novel), as Gorhalach is said to have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Male Succubus = Incubus
    Funny side note and totally off topic but Nike once had a female running shoe line they called "Incubus" until someone pointed out that an incubus was the male version of a succubus that raped women in their sleep. OOPS lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    Funny side note and totally off topic but Nike once had a female running shoe line they called "Incubus" until someone pointed out that an incubus was the male version of a succubus that raped women in their sleep. OOPS lol.
    They had an awesome chance for a marketing campaign.

Incubus: Don't fuck with these shoes!

Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    I like this idea, would be an awesome twist if the old gods rlly had best intentions at heart, flesh allowed us to have more imagination / creativity maybe ?
    I was thinking something similar. What they call the 'Curse of Flesh' could really just be a 'de-programming' of the Titans original creations so that they essentially became free to evolve, act, and do things on their own.

huh. Anyone else find the mention of brann having met Chen interesting?

I mean i know canonically Chen is the typical far eat style wandering hermit but i thought his only canon interactions were with the horde?

Maybe Brann might play a part in mists of pandaria, would make sense for the explorers league to be a bigger faction.

-hope this doesnt mean more harrison jones though. he can die in a snake pit for all i care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    huh. Anyone else find the mention of brann having met Chen interesting?

I mean i know canonically Chen is the typical far eat style wandering hermit but i thought his only canon interactions were with the horde?

Maybe Brann might play a part in mists of pandaria, would make sense for the explorers league to be a bigger faction.

-hope this doesnt mean more harrison jones though. he can die in a snake pit for all i care.
    Brann's allied with the Alliance, but is on good terms with pretty much everyone. He has a sort of diplomatic immunity.

That, and he can run really really fast if the guards decide they've had enough of him.

That is a really interesting idea!