10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Its going to be interesting how long devs can stand against the complaints from "bad players" before they
    start nerfing content.

Its always the same thing with every new mmo.. "This is a much harder game than wow. Just pro players and no kids" but
    in the end they always cave because it means more income. Thats how the world works.

Im guessing it will take to atleast the next major content patch so they can act as they are sticking to their words etc etc.
    Yes but the reason why that logic doesn't work because wow has always been losing subs since they started going that route. Not to mention, MoP lost tons of subs. Many companies lost money because of that route. I don't care if people would cater to the 1% as long as their overall design philosophy isn't messed with. It is that reason why so many stopped loving wow. Sometimes, it is just best for the developer to go with their own route.

However, it always depended on the game. RIFT is a good lesson for us consumers to learn from, in that just by making a game harder, doesn't mean it will give the best results.

Kinda off-topic but I bet that is why the mods are waiting for the initial hype to dial down, as RIFT isn't the greatest example of what difficulty is.
    Last edited by Kickbuttmario; 2014-06-08 at 07:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So...pvp ques are insane, last night I stayed in one for an hour and a half, I just logged out. And theya re still super long...Are they not cross server?

And when is the first dungeon?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    I can't really figure out if I want to play Warlords of Draenor. I have been playing WoW since vanilla, but I kinda feel like it starts to get outdated. Right now I am playing Wildstar and in case you guys are interested in hearing my reasons as to why I feel like Wildstar is awesome (early impressions) feel free to check out my video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iskVq24juoA

Have a nice evening.

//LNB

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Yes but the reason why that logic doesn't work because wow has always been losing subs since they started going that route.
    That's why it's so interesting that Wildstar is trying the hardcore approach. If this fails to retain many players it will be strong evidence against the argument that "going casual" is what caused WoW to lose subs.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Im really getting the hang of this game, and liking it a lot. Playing Warrior and lvl21 now

I understand add-ons are available. are there any you guys would recommend that would enhance my gameplay even more (or makes things more convenient)?
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

Deleted
    If this fails to retain many players it will be strong evidence against the argument that "going casual" is what caused WoW to lose subs.
    It can fail to retain players because of many others reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus78 View Post
    Im really getting the hang of this game, and liking it a lot. Playing Warrior and lvl21 now

I understand add-ons are available. are there any you guys would recommend that would enhance my gameplay even more (or makes things more convenient)?
    If you are getting nameplates dissapearing/appearing issue, i would strongy recommend this , it has made my life so much easier with almost constant name plates being shown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    Really annoyed windows aren't actually windows.
    Got a tad sad too, it would be great if you could see the outside through them... Guess it can be a little hard to code since it's two differente areas... (inside/outside)

Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Atomickillerfox View Post
    I can't really figure out if I want to play Warlords of Draenor. I have been playing WoW since vanilla, but I kinda feel like it starts to get outdated. Right now I am playing Wildstar
    This so much. I watched the Fatboss review of the first warlords of draenor dungeon (the ogre mine, cant remember what its called), and it looked fucking boring. Only cool mechanic in there was this bridge boss, with these big boulders rolling over the bridge that you have to avoid. Compare that to wildstar's mechanics though, and its nothing,

I really want to play wod, but i might not even raid in the expansion, due to wildstar.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fucked up a little when I bought the game... I bought it on a differente account than the one I played beta, so I get no boomboxes. Sadpanda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    So...pvp ques are insane, last night I stayed in one for an hour and a half, I just logged out. And theya re still super long...Are they not cross server?

And when is the first dungeon?
    They are cross-server. For me they usually pop in 10 seconds so not sure what you're doing wrong.

Also, level 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonridor View Post
    I fucked up a little when I bought the game... I bought it on a differente account than the one I played beta, so I get no boomboxes. Sadpanda.
    Lol. Now why would you do that? :P Sucks man

10+ Year Old Account
    The game simply requires you to play better and improve yourself, yes WoW has done the opposite for years and scared everyone off as you didn't want to do dungeons because of said players.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    So... I happened to get this from a Boombox today, if you should be interested. Shame I'm still only 43, but then again it rolled bad stats anyway.
    Gah Warrior swords, why do you haunt me so? They're by far the most bad ass weapons in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Apparently boom box is bugged. Guess I won't get to claim one today.
    How so?
    /10char

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Gah Warrior swords, why do you haunt me so? They're by far the most bad ass weapons in the game.
    Look up the artifact weapons from the final boss of the 40 person raid, all of them look amazing

I just got this today, and it's been a blast so far. I'm level 11 atm, and just picked up my professions and I have a question about it. I went with Technologist and I was wanting to know if I need to salvage items at all for this profession ,or am I safe just selling them all?
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    I just got this today, and it's been a blast so far. I'm level 11 atm, and just picked up my professions and I have a question about it. I went with Technologist and I was wanting to know if I need to salvage items at all for this profession ,or am I safe just selling them all?
    You're safe selling them. Besides you can really use the money for a mount or housing decor. =D

Another thing, are these fap items temporary? I just build the festival on a plot and it shows me 6 days and something remaining..

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    You're safe selling them. Besides you can really use the money for a mount or housing decor. =D

Another thing, are these fap items temporary? I just build the festival on a plot and it shows me 6 days and something remaining..
    Are you sure it's not 6 days till its fully built?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post

Once a week is over, you need to repair your plots for them to function again

They're not temporary, but after 6 days they stop offering their "benefit", which obviously varies by plot. Festivals will stop giving their food, challenge plots will stop offering their challenge, mini-dungeon plots will stop offering their dungeon, you get the picture. You can then just renew them for a few gold.