Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    You cant blame game on people who dont want to research beforehand. And im pretty sure people need to go great lenght to NOT find information that wildstar community is very, very small.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you able to answer the question asked?
    Erm.. the people who start and expect an active game, with active developers and care from a studio?

To return the question, are you able to form a coherent argument or are you going to waste more time by asking questions anyone with a brain can answer before they need to be asked?

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Erm.. the people who start and expect an active game, with active developers and care from a studio?

To return the question, are you able to form a coherent argument or are you going to waste more time by asking questions anyone with a brain can answer before they need to be asked?
    So you are unable to answer a question and instead try to use ad hominem in conversation.
    Great talking to you, wont waste more time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    You cant blame game on people who dont want to research beforehand. And im pretty sure people need to go great lenght to NOT find information that wildstar community is very, very small.
    Are you somehow implying that potential customers are to blame for being pushed a low quality product on its deathbed?

Contrary to your strange belief, people don't have to do a mandatory research to realize the Massive Multiplayer game they waste their time on is not Massive and barely Multiplayer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I really did love this game :/ it's a shame it's dead
    Please, dont spread misinformation, it definately not dead. Every day I pug few dungeons, 2 raids this week, 1 bg dailiy...
    If you are used to huge wow servers, it might seem low pop, but definately not dead...

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Please, dont spread misinformation, it definately not dead. Every day I pug few dungeons, 2 raids this week, 1 bg dailiy...
    If you are used to huge wow servers, it might seem low pop, but definately not dead...
    Saying an MMO is 'dead' is more than saying there are no players...which come on, there really aren't. I logged on for Shade's Eve which is typically popping and there was almost no one in Thayd. And there's only one server, so can't really make excuses. In any case, it also speaks to the state of development. No new content except continuing to recycle assets for new cash shop items = dead.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    It is dead. On Steam, it has peaked at 201 players over the last 24 hours, 5040 is its peak at all time on Steam. I understand that doesn't include everyone, but as I've been playing over the last month, it wasn't until my third zone that I actually saw another person. Queues for adventures/dungeons are at least in an hour using any role while leveling, and I'm told to put groups together in chat if I want to actually do one. This is fine, but definitely not something that comes in a healthy game. Even on the weekend, people in chat are asking you to queue for battlegrounds, and just decline if you dn't want to do them - it gets others into the match, even if people drop.

It's a fun game, but please don't kid yourself that it isn't dead. It may be fine if you already have a community, but it's daunting/not a good experience for new or returning players. It is very likely you've seen my name in global chat the past month, just so I can play with others.

Deleted
    Well, with this tone of “game dead”, you guys wont help the game.
    If your perspective comes only from number of people in cities and queue system, you will mislead new people.
    I dont know how and why, but people arent staying in cities (probably for existence of global chat which doesnt force players to stay in city to be able to read /trade like in wow and swtor), but when making a group thru chat, groups are made very fast, sometimes in few seconds.
    What can I say - I joined the game few weeks ago and Im very happy, so I even subbed already despite very generous ftp model. All group activities are done, groups are found fast, nice and helpful community, like on my low pop wow server.
    Dont be a hater - let people decide the game on their own, not doomsaying.

10+ Year Old Account
    WILDSTAR is a UNDEAD game.

Here i said it.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I think Wildstar had a lot of potential. It could have easily have found itself in FFXIV's shoes if it had made smarter design decisions and had pumped out meatier, meaningful content.

A firmly believe that a 'Reset' could work for the game if done well. I'd ditch the faction conflict, though. I wanted to play the Dominion and found them much more engaging in terms of aesthetics (Cassians especially). Yet the bulk of players went Exiles. I didn't want to - so I ended up quitting once the population dwindled and the lack of Dominion players really began to hurt my enjoyment of the game.
    They wouldn't even have had to remove faction war if they didn't botch the F2P/Steam release. They needed a serious marketing push, and, what's more important, they needed to issue a letter to players, just like SE did with FFXIV, saying that they are painfully aware that they fucked up initially, but they know what they got wrong and from now on the game is only going to get better - which, in all seriousness, it was. It was already a very good game at the time of the F2P transition. The problem is, it already had the reputation of a daed gaem, and the devs just went "we are now graciously allowing you to play our magnificent piece of a game for free, everything is good, we totally didn't switch to F2P because sky was falling for us". That did nothing to bring the old players back, and many potential new players wouldn't try at all because of the bad name it had. Just that letter alone would have granted them so much lip service they'd get a LOT of new and returning players - especially considering it was now free and had a very generous cash shop.

WS was one of the best 3, if not the best MMORPG available at the time of F2P transition. Carbine just messed up royally and I can bet none of the lead devs will ever find a job remotely near the top of a studio again in their careers. They had a gem that just needed more polishing and they managed to waste it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    I don't think that f2p is what "killed" the game. I think it is other issues. Especially when looking at pvp, there used to be a quite large dedicated pvp playerbase that bought subfees when game was b2p, and bought store items when game was f2p, and who organized in guilds and cross factions. However, Carbine never listened to their feedback and they all left one by one. I was one of the last ones standing on EU pvp server and it was sad. The pvp veterans even returned after some change, don't remember if it was the merge to pve server but didn't last long until they gave up and left again.

I understand that some people still say "If you say it is dead noone will play and it will make things worse", but I seriously doubt enough players would join the game to make it alive and kicking again, unless there is some major content update. For example, a new expansion with some new features and new class/race would most likely boost the population quite a bit. However, we all know that Carbine doesn't have resources for that.
    So, since there are no plans or resources for either the amount of content needed or the marketing needed, it is safe to say that the game is at least haning on a line above the grave.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would play the game if I thought it had a future, honestly. It's just that I don't see anything new on the horizon, and so I'm not going to waste my time when there are a variety of other games I could use that time on, instead.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    I would play the game if I thought it had a future, honestly. It's just that I don't see anything new on the horizon, and so I'm not going to waste my time when there are a variety of other games I could use that time on, instead.
    Same there. Its good MMO - I would roll it any day if only it had solid player base.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrowrend View Post
    Same there. Its good MMO - I would roll it any day if only it had solid player base.
    Me too, I only play pvp but since battleground queues only pop on peak hour (and at this point from what I understand you are lucky if you get one bg pop during peak hours), and I can usually play off-peak hours which means that I have no chance to pvp at all, which means that I have no reason to play the game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    It's not a time wasted if you enjoyed the time spend? But I get what you mean, you are "investing" in something that might not be around for that long. However NCOFT and Carbine have confirmed they will keep the game up for the "forseeble future".

I just bought another month of sub in Wildstar, because the game is in it's best state right now (except from earlier levels + scaling) and i like to support that once in a while.

I honestly think all Beta/early players like me that stopped should give it another try. It has alot to offer ... and most of it is max level stuff! Oh and I only wish WoW will ever get such great housing platform as wildstar. The best ever seen!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Me too, I only play pvp but since battleground queues only pop on peak hour (and at this point from what I understand you are lucky if you get one bg pop during peak hours), and I can usually play off-peak hours which means that I have no chance to pvp at all, which means that I have no reason to play the game
    Jup, if you only PVP you should not play this game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    They wouldn't even have had to remove faction war if they didn't botch the F2P/Steam release. They needed a serious marketing push, and, what's more important, they needed to issue a letter to players, just like SE did with FFXIV, saying that they are painfully aware that they fucked up initially, but they know what they got wrong and from now on the game is only going to get better - which, in all seriousness, it was. It was already a very good game at the time of the F2P transition. The problem is, it already had the reputation of a daed gaem, and the devs just went "we are now graciously allowing you to play our magnificent piece of a game for free, everything is good, we totally didn't switch to F2P because sky was falling for us". That did nothing to bring the old players back, and many potential new players wouldn't try at all because of the bad name it had. Just that letter alone would have granted them so much lip service they'd get a LOT of new and returning players - especially considering it was now free and had a very generous cash shop.

WS was one of the best 3, if not the best MMORPG available at the time of F2P transition. Carbine just messed up royally and I can bet none of the lead devs will ever find a job remotely near the top of a studio again in their careers. They had a gem that just needed more polishing and they managed to waste it.
    I played the sub WS, Beta WS and F2P WS and I can say, they are in their best state now. There is so much to do in end-game. I would advise all that stopped back then (like me) to pay it a re-visit. They deserve that as well in my opinion.

In fact, they are so nice in their F2P "earning" shop, that I paid for another sub month to support THAT kind of behaviour, and not the other cash grab shit we get in almost every game we see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Well, with this tone of “game dead”, you guys wont help the game.
    If your perspective comes only from number of people in cities and queue system, you will mislead new people.
    I dont know how and why, but people arent staying in cities (probably for existence of global chat which doesnt force players to stay in city to be able to read /trade like in wow and swtor), but when making a group thru chat, groups are made very fast, sometimes in few seconds.
    What can I say - I joined the game few weeks ago and Im very happy, so I even subbed already despite very generous ftp model. All group activities are done, groups are found fast, nice and helpful community, like on my low pop wow server.
    Dont be a hater - let people decide the game on their own, not doomsaying.
    I am currently in the same boat as you. I returned, saw their generous f2p model and I wanted to support that so I subbed. I did not notice the limited player base at all and could do everything I wanted leveling from 1 - 50 (mostly dungeon spammed). Insta-queues everywhere if you use the /nexus chat instead of the group finder. The community is very helpful (atleast to me). The only thing that might be hard to do in-game is purely PvP, but if that is not your thing, this is one of the best MMO's out there (wow still is #1 for obvious reasons). This is 100% a #2 for me. Wish it woul do better, and I have faith that it can do better.

I mean...if sea of thieves can survive... every game can

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Guys, got some suggestions for me?

I played WS in the beta and kinda liked it, but got hooked again by WoW, so never really played it.

Wanna start over again and thinking about the class to pick. I am always playing DPS, so this is my main focus (yes, i know, every class can DPS, but maybe some are just better or... better designed?). I like demanding rotations, a 2 button class is boring for me (for comparison, in Dota2 i play lots of Invoker, in WoW my favorite were Arms Warrior in Cata, or Feral and Affli back in the days), i also do like flashy stuff.

Recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
    Go for warrior

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Carbine keeps forgetting that you only want to overlap launches if you're bigger or at least close to as big as the other guy...not release when you are basically nothing compared to them.

Why no learn.

Yeah those are terrible...Undertale has 5x more people playing it...
    Yeh, I still don't know why they launched WS during the launch period of WoW as well... if they extended the launch till half WoD ... we would have a better Wildstars, and a way bigger population to start with, cause WoD was crap

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpymuppet View Post
    -snip-
    Best state is heavily subjective.

In terms of model I'll agree a decent one. No doubt about that. If you think the sub is worth your money then you go for it.

I also agree on your small housing point. Along with Rift these 2 games are how housing SHOULD be done in my opinion. No doubt about that.

Right now though only NCSoft are keeping the lights on for that game. Let's not pretend if they stopped throwing money at Carbine that Carbine alone could keep the game alive when NCSoft have removed Wildstars earnings from recent quarterly reports which right there says a lot about the state of the individual game from a financial point of view.

Not to mention the game is on a severe skeleton crew right now. That can hardly be considered a great place to be in for an MMORPG.

The game isn't bad. The game made itself less reputable through poor design decisions and trying to appeal to a minority audience which absolutely killed it during the sub era. Had this game been B2P or F2P initially it might have done a lot better or been able to retain an audience.

Not to mention the lack of advertising or promoting this game got during it's transition to F2P. And on top of that focusing on less important crap like a Steam client rather than releasing it in Asian territories where it could have possibly regained more ground.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-04-25 at 01:00 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpymuppet View Post
    It's not a time wasted if you enjoyed the time spend? But I get what you mean, you are "investing" in something that might not be around for that long. However NCOFT and Carbine have confirmed they will keep the game up for the "forseeble future".

I just bought another month of sub in Wildstar, because the game is in it's best state right now (except from earlier levels + scaling) and i like to support that once in a while.

I honestly think all Beta/early players like me that stopped should give it another try. It has alot to offer ... and most of it is max level stuff! Oh and I only wish WoW will ever get such great housing platform as wildstar. The best ever seen!
    It's mostly that I can equally enjoy something that *does* have a development future, where my investment is more likely to yield dividends, if that makes sense.

Also, I was one of those beta players. I even bought the deluxe edition at the time when it came out. Haven't played in months, though, so I might check it out one of these days to test the waters and revisit my esper. The one thing Wildstar nailed was definitely the housing, but that's of limited appeal to me, personally.

Deleted
    I think the thing with WS, if group PVE is your thing, you can gear up and be raiding in a couple of weeks with a guilds help. There remains nothing locked out by the f2p model but you may need help with runes(guild). GL's just want to see new players and often know most classes, or have a class leads. My experience is that they are very willing to help players that are willing to try.

The solo pve game is quite fun also, but you generally find yourself soloing the two person leveling stuff, particularly if you are in dungeon gear, but this is much easier as support, levelling just isn't that hard. You will generally get both support gear and dps gear in quest rewards and it's easy to swap between the two. I had most fun leveling a medic, they are a good blend of dps, interrupts and survivability. Their dps at top level is very good and they are a mid-range class with good talent interactions if spec'd properly.

I should pick it up again myself, I have Esper, Eng, Warr, and Medic at 50. Damn you all, I've talked myself into it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DonGenaro View Post
    I think the thing with WS, if group PVE is your thing, you can gear up and be raiding in a couple of weeks with a guilds help. There remains nothing locked out by the f2p model but you may need help with runes(guild). GL's just want to see new players and often know most classes, or have a class leads. My experience is that they are very willing to help players that are willing to try.

The solo pve game is quite fun also, but you generally find yourself soloing the two person leveling stuff, particularly if you are in dungeon gear, but this is much easier as support, levelling just isn't that hard. You will generally get both support gear and dps gear in quest rewards and it's easy to swap between the two. I had most fun leveling a medic, they are a good blend of dps, interrupts and survivability. Their dps at top level is very good and they are a mid-range class with good talent interactions if spec'd properly.

I should pick it up again myself, I have Esper, Eng, Warr, and Medic at 50. Damn you all, I've talked myself into it
    Like I said, I picked it up as well, and I really enjoy my time. For how long that is gonna be I dont know. Leveld a warrior from 1 - 50 and now gearing him up with friends. I have not even touched housing, but that is really something I enjoy (best thing in fallout 4).

I like the idea to go into a dungeon and come back with a comfy sofa to relax on in your decorated house!

Also the game really does not feel dead. Maybe in downtimes, but there dungeons/raids/events happening mostly everytime. Its just that the LFG/LFD is unused, its all the /n chat that everyone can read.

Its also the most helpfull community ever, those who are still playing or playing again. I typed once /n LF a few that want to help a noob through p0 (prime 0 is like the mythic 0 of wow) and within a minute i had a full group.

Also leveling 48 to 50 i had help from total strangers

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious why Wildstar still alive. Don't get me wrong I love this game and still play it from time to time (if only more players play this game!). But knowing NC Soft history and how they love shut down things that don't bring enough money its miracle Wildstar still running. For example look what happened to CoH.

Will be sad to see Wildstar go - its probably the last great MMO we had in last years. Considering current MMO genre times next one will be not soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I'm curious why Wildstar still alive. Don't get me wrong I love this game and still play it from time to time (if only more players play this game!). But knowing NC Soft history and how they love shut down things that don't bring enough money its miracle Wildstar still running. For example look what happened to CoH.

Will be sad to see Wildstar go - its probably the last great MMO we had in last years. Considering current MMO genre times next one will be not soon.
    Because NCsoft as of late are more reluctant to pulling the plug even on underperforming games.

But the moment they do with Wildstar I don't see Carbine alone holding it up for long.