Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    As a Medic, there is heals that require a target and the way the game works makes it terribly awkward to use.
    Well, you can probably make a mouseover-macro for the targeted heals. Or if you cant someone will probably make an addon for it :P

And yeah, the healthbars suck donkeyballs but it can be fixed with an addon (which shouldnt be needed, mind you!)

IMO the healing is somewhat similar to TERA, but there are more "ground targeted" telegraph heals. I think each healer has 2-3 normally targeted single-target heals as well.

In Espers case you have 2 targeted direct heals, one that gives you a healing buff after using it and one that does a direct heal and then summons an idol that heals everyone around it next to the targeted person for like 10 seconds. Other one can cast while moving and other one is stationary. And then theres 1 HoT spell with 2 charges that's instant and targeted. Rest is either AoE or telegraph-targeted.

Here's a cool little image about the heals: http://i.imgur.com/76KtROq.png

Probably a bit outdated but it should give you an idea.
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2014-03-17 at 01:18 PM.

Have watched some 20man healer pov raiding streams.

Wildstar supports Grid. So it looks like in WoW and you dont have to use the horrible ui.
    Also it seems that the only person you really single target heal(if you even use a single target heal) is the tank.
    Rest of the healing is "oh raid took some dmg? Better spam my line/aoe into the stacked group".

It didn't seem that you really have to watch anyones health but the tanks. For the group they either survive the rnd/aoe dmg or they die(if they stand in bad stuff).

There is also some addon that draws a dot line to your target to see where it stands.

Deleted

[WildStar][EU][Exile][PvE] Healer and tank LF (semi)-hardcore progression guild

Hi there,

I haven't seen an official WildStar recruitment thread so I will apologize in advance if there's a thread hidden somewhere that holds WildStar guild recruitment!
    ---------

Together with a friend of mine I am looking for a WildStar raiding guild to join together on the Exile-EU side.

We will be playing as a healer + tank. This will probably be Engineer + Medic, however I may switch to Spellslinger. If this is a problem let me know and I can be flexible. I like both classes.

We are looking for the following:
    - European based raiding guild (40 man)
    - Focussed on progression. We don't need world first kills but we do want to be part of a guild with good progression without drama. (thus: semi-hardcore to hardcore).
    - Use of TS3 or Mumble (not ventrilo, please. Horrible sound quality).
    - Use of common sense in both raiding and voice chat. Specifically voice chat because I saw some guilds explicitly forbid people talking on voice chat until given permission to do so. While we understand no one wants people distracted during progression, we disagree that this should be explicitly stated. Some chatting inbetween kills or just in general a less tense and more relaxed (but serious) atmosphere is healthy.
    - Raiding times (Amsterdam/GMT+1) : We are mostly 100% available between 20:00 and 00:00. We would want the raiding times to fit in there. We are looking for something around ~4 raiding days.

What we can offer:
    - We are both experienced WoW raiders, and the friend I am coming with is a very competitive ("achievement-whore" <3) player as well. He loves to play games on the most difficult mode possible.

I started playing in Vanilla and did all the content while it was relevant up to Cataclysm. I missed out on the last raid in Cata and the early MoP raids, however I joined back halfway through ToT and am now clearing SoO heroic. My friend started playing in TBC and also missed the last Cata raid + early MoP raids. He has also raid leaded througout most of BC/WOTLK/Cata (he did express an interest in raid leading in WildStar as well).

Both of us also played SWTOR and GW2 when it came out. We ran a guild in SWTOR for a short while which was fun, but unfortunately end-game raiding in SWTOR wasn't the best

- Personally - both of us are into IT-Security and big Linux/server fans. I usually make this offer since I like providing it, if you're looking for mumble/TS3 hosting (I prefer mumble since it's open-source and no license hassle) or perhaps even website hosting let me know and we may be able to work something out

If there's any questions please let me know and I'll answer them as well as I can. Thanks!

- Magekid

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    Well, you can probably make a mouseover-macro for the targeted heals. Or if you cant someone will probably make an addon for it :P

And yeah, the healthbars suck donkeyballs but it can be fixed with an addon (which shouldnt be needed, mind you!)
    Is Mouseover targeting supported in the stock UI?

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    No idea... need to test this in the next weekend-beta :P But I'm pretty damn sure that even if it does not work someone WILL made an addon for it.

Yes, look up Deadlock Extended
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    I never got in the Beta but I plan on pre ordering this week.

I actually loved Healing in Tera because of the telegraphed and ground targeted healing. Watching some videos it seems Wildstar is similar. For anyone who played both is this the case?

Is there any direct healing via targeting at all or is it all directional, skill shot style?
    i just played Tera for a week but telegraphs are more "look on the ground" then the targeting in tera was ("target the player").

As esper there are many direct healing spells.

http://wildstar.mmorpg-life.com/acti...builder/esper/

Go to support and have a look. He only got 2 skill shot heals (Soothe & Dislogde Essence). The tooltip say "Freeform". The utility Spells Catharsis (Dispell) and Projected Spirit (Movemend Skill) can be also seen as skill shot skills.

Then there are a bunch of aoe heals without targeting (Collective Will) and a bunch targeted Heals like in every old MMO (Mind Over Body & Focused Relief).

I recommend to start with pvp as soon as you can enter it to get a feel for the group healing in this game.

As esper it takes some time because you have Mind Over Body as your first healing spell (targeted and long casttime) but as soon you can replace it with Soothe its awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazabius View Post
    Oh shit NDA lifted.

This game is garbage (no I'm not going to spend paragraphs telling you why because there are plenty of those threads which echo how I feel already).
    YOU find the game garbage. You don't speak for the rest of the world.

I have been in the beta since May 2013 and for me this game is fracking fantastic. This is the game I have been searching for to replace WoW.

I stopped playing WoW around 2.5 years ago now. Around the time Panda land came out. Wildstar will be a great alternative to those that are tired from WoW but want something different but not entirely different.

Offcourse the game has a few flaws. Character customization could be better and questing is nothing special but the game is pretty fantastic in every other parts and last but not least the game has a ton of content. There are enough dungeons to fill your leveling adventures and those can be done at max level as veteran. There are 2 hard raids and there are adventures to plow through (compare it to wow scenarios).

The game has great music and sounds and last but not least, the game has perfect animations. It play's so damn fluid. This helps tremendesly with the combat. A game with crappy animations just sucks (I look at you RIFT).

If you find the game crap, then that is fine but don't go sprouting it around as a fact.

The graphics look like WoW at first glance but it isn't quite the same. Carbine is more cartoony then WoW. A bit Pixar like. I like it and the game will age well. The graphics do make it hard for people to see it as more then a wow-clone though.

DISCLAIMER; my above 'review', 'statement' is my personal opinion and my opinion could differ from yours.

Anyway, for those in doubt. Go watch YouTUbe and Twitch streams. Also keep an eye on the WIldStar subreddit. I am sure that those that buy the game will also share the 3 friend codes with a 7 day trailer with you if you are lucky.

Alright, now it's time for me to go back to work!

Quote Originally Posted by Pion View Post
    i just played Tera for a week but telegraphs are more "look on the ground" then the targeting in tera was ("target the player").

As esper there are many direct healing spells.

http://wildstar.mmorpg-life.com/acti...builder/esper/

Go to support and have a look. He only got 2 skill shot heals (Soothe & Dislogde Essence). The tooltip say "Freeform". The utility Spells Catharsis (Dispell) and Projected Spirit (Movemend Skill) can be also seen as skill shot skills.

Then there are a bunch of aoe heals without targeting (Collective Will) and a bunch targeted Heals like in every old MMO (Mind Over Body & Focused Relief).

I recommend to start with pvp as soon as you can enter it to get a feel for the group healing in this game.

As esper it takes some time because you have Mind Over Body as your first healing spell (targeted and long casttime) but as soon you can replace it with Soothe its awesome.

Thanks for the link. Looks good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    As a Medic, there is heals that require a target and the way the game works makes it terribly awkward to use.
    Medic no longer has targeted heals, Barrier is now a small square telegraph on the ground and Triage is an istant telegraph in front of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magekid View Post

I haven't seen an official WildStar recruitment thread so I will apologize in advance if there's a thread hidden somewhere that holds WildStar guild recruitment!
    There isn't something like this on this site as of yet but here's a synopsis of our guild.

Prepared - a PvE/PvP Guild, founded back in 2007 in World Of Warcraft, quickly managed to be among the best Guilds in the server. After several server transfers and name changes (forced), we continued our successful journey in WoW. At our peak we became number 92 Guild Worldwide (During Ulduar for those aware with the content at that time).
    Every instance was cleared in Hardmode before Nerf and some worth to mention achievements include Yogg Saron 0 keepers, Sartharion 3 Drakes, Malygos under 5 minutes among others.

Our Goal now is to continue the tradition and succeed in Wildstar, thus we need more people to enhance our already strong core of raiders. Our raiding schedule is:

Monday: 19-23 GMT
    Wednesday: 19-23 GMT
    Thursday: 19-23 GMT

Optional Raid Day (Like WOW If the reset is on wednesday and we are super close to a progression kill or maybe an alt raid)
    Tuesday: 20-22 GMT

What we need from you:
    - Previous MMO Heroic/hard mode raiding experience
    - Developing complete knowledge of your Wildstar class, backed up with theorycrafting and willingness to go the extra mile to learn the ins and outs of your class' specs
    - Making a mistake on progress is fine as long as you have the ability to own up to it and explain how you're going to fix it (and actually fix it)
    - Sitting out of raids when needed, 20 mans/40 mans occasionally will require very stringent setups so we rotate players as needed - however exceptional performance is a priority
    - Consistent attendance, as a 3 raid/week guild we require nearly 100%

We are a progression guild, we are looking to be among the best of 3day a week raiding with the atmosphere and fun to boot - that is aided by the fact the core has been together for such a long time.

For more information please visit prepared-online .com and/or inbox
    Last edited by mmoc3d333c8887; 2014-03-17 at 02:53 PM.

Previous MMO Heroic/hard mode raiding experience
    - Developing complete knowledge of your Wildstar class, backed up with theorycrafting and willingness to go the extra mile to learn the ins and outs of your class' specs
    You are not going to get many guild members with these 2 requirements. You're basically saying if you are not a hard core raider from WoW go away.... and such a small fraction actually hardmode raid.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You are not going to get many guild members with these 2 requirements. You're basically saying if you are not a hard core raider from WoW go away.... and such a small fraction actually hardmode raid.
    So true.

If you try to theorycraft in communities that aren't predominantly made up of ex-wow raiders... their heads explode and they rage.

You get a lot of "Who the fuck cares about the fucking math? Just play the game." or "Theoretical DPS is worthless because it's theoretical".
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Theres a small difference between bosses having telegraphs or everyone and their mother having multiple in PvP
    For the millionth time, telegraphs can be turned off, AND there is an opacity slide bar. People in beta should try clicking ALL the little buttons on their screen
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

mostly that first part, the second requirement you quoted isn't really exclusive to hard core raiding. theorycrafting is really just min/max'ing which everyone does on some level. In wow, there's just the really odd situation where everything is freaking known, and the balance is fine tuned to a percent of difference may or may not matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    For the millionth time, telegraphs can be turned off, AND there is an opacity slide bar. People in beta should try clicking ALL the little buttons on their screen
    Ok, for the opacity slide bar, but why would anyone put themselves at a disadvantage and turn them off? They are annoying as hell, but turning them off is not an option imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    mostly that first part, the second requirement you quoted isn't really exclusive to hard core raiding. theorycrafting is really just min/max'ing which everyone does on some level. In wow, there's just the really odd situation where everything is freaking known, and the balance is fine tuned to a percent of difference may or may not matter.
    By theorycrafting, I agree with what you said to the last two guys. ANYONE who raids at a good level, should know how to at least min/max. It doesn't mean you need to do the maths behind everything. But you should be easily able to find out the information and apply it.

Those who feel they cannot, should not apply to prepared, infact you should not apply to any good raiding guild. :P

To mickybrighteyes thanks for the common sense

To mickybrighteyes thanks for the common sense
    Low blows is a great representation of your planned guild.

Secondly you talked in the context that an applicant should make and present their own theory crafting to you. That is what I was getting at as a harsh requirement.

Basically you want members who are already skilled so you can skip the part that means "progression." It is unrealistic and unfair.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Secondly you talked in the context that an applicant should make and present their own theory crafting to you. That is what I was getting at as a harsh requirement.

where did it say that? I only saw:
    Developing complete knowledge of your Wildstar class, backed up with theorycrafting and willingness to go the extra mile to learn the ins and outs of your class' specs
    which doesn't say that they need to do their own theorycrafting, but to find some data to back up their theories. So they could go to a source and read to get that if they wished.

Deleted
    Low blows is a great representation of your planned guild.
    Firstly i have no need to low blow anyone, nor would I want to waste my time through the internet doing that . If you deem that i did, and you are somehow afflicted then sorry of course! .

Basically you want members who are already skilled so you can skip the part that means "progression." It is unrealistic and unfair.
    Unrealistic? No
    Unfair? No way

We have top players already, a core from many many years, furthermore our recruitment within the game, and through absorbing other cores mean we CAN ask for these things. Is it all going to fall into place on the 1st raid? maybe not (well from beta raiding it was fine).

In wow when people know their skill level is good-high and they have set times to play, they will in general look for the best they can get, (obviously gross stereotyping - but if they didn't have friends to raid with etc). We are looking for those who know they want to be up at that level, or push themselves at that level to deliver.

Which takes work to progress as a guild in that aspect. BUT recruitment is about bringing in the type of players you want.
    Hardcore world NO.1 guilds, have strict requirements - I should know from first hand exp.
    Casual guilds in their myriad of ways focus on other things and look for other things.

In our case, we are looking for those whom not necessarily have come from WoW, because some of our members haven't. However we look for people who are veterans to MMO raiding and experience and can perform at that level.