10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's annoying. They talked about skill shots in the aiming video, what skill is there in spamming?

If you're going to auto attack, make it automatic.. :T

(And, no, I didn't play swtor.)
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Well that's annoying. They talked about skill shots in the aiming video, what skill is there in spamming?

Its no auto-attack mate Its a free attack that only takes up global cooldown.

Well, I mean, you DO have to aim it... Sort of. The mob is ON (runs faster, attacks instantly) you so you just have to be facing it and spam your conal basic attack while weaving in abilities that have cooldowns. It's just like your traditional MMOs but you have to press / hold to do your auto attack.

Idk. I didn't mind it. (There were thing's I minded but that wasn't one of them)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I'll just have to try it to see if I like it.

I really don't like holding down buttons for attacks - and that sort of spreads into just flat spamming 1 - and I know they already announced those charge attacks, so we'll see. Just a pet peeve of mine. I'm sure if I wanted to I could get used to it.

This is, of course, assuming it's still there when the new CBT is up.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

I guess I'll just have to try it to see if I like it.

I really don't like holding down buttons for attacks - and that sort of spreads into just flat spamming 1 - and I know they already announced those charge attacks, so we'll see. Just a pet peeve of mine. I'm sure if I wanted to I could get used to it.

This is, of course, assuming it's still there when the new CBT is up.
    Like, what I wonder is this.

If they take out your spam attack, what does that mean for all the raiding, dungeons, and mobs they've balanced around it? If it was like, 60% of your dps do they reduce the bosses hp by 60% or increase the damage of your skill shots? If they increase your skill shot damage, that translates to burst in PVP. Does that mean there's going to be instagibbing? Will they just lower the cooldown of all your skill shots instead? I mean, then you are just sort of spamming a rotation. Is that really any different? If you lower the cooldown on skill shots then missing matters less, choice matters less, the skill in skillshot goes away.

I suspect they are going to keep in the spam attack because it makes the game easier to design.

If you remove it you are faced with a few problems and the solutions aren't very fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I do not work in the game industry, and if I did, I would do my best to not be on the balance team.

xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Balance, the funnest thing in any game!

This is generally why it makes more sense if you're going to have or do any attempt at PvP you have two systems. One system devoted to PvP and one devoted to PvE so you can balance them separately as opposed to balancing on the same system.
    Or you can be like EQ/2 and say fuck PvP, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Balance, the funnest thing in any game!

This is generally why it makes more sense if you're going to have or do any attempt at PvP you have two systems. One system devoted to PvP and one devoted to PvE so you can balance them separately as opposed to balancing on the same system.
    Or you can be like EQ/2 and say fuck PvP, lol.
    I've been thinking about it and it's like...

In WoW you don't have to aim you abilities and you are being kited so yellow damage dominates PVP (last I played).

In wildstar, since your large damage abilities are skill shots that players will be looking to dodge, you would have to rely more on your basic attack to deal constant damage.

I mean, as it stands in CTB3, you would like, backstab twice and then have to wait 20 seconds or something. I mean, I guess you could spam rupture >_>

So yeah, I don't think that the spam attack is going anywhere unless they are revamping all the classes, abilities, and pve content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's going anywhere either, I didn't mind it. The way I treated it was like a Sinister Strike or SWTORs 'auto attack'. Like you said, it does allow for better balance and it allows for a 'busier' rotation. As you stated, they would definitely have to redo their class abilities as there is quite a bit of downtime. Now they just need to open up CBT4 so I can try out this new quest/mob system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    I've been thinking about it and it's like...

In WoW you don't have to aim you abilities and you are being kited so yellow damage dominates PVP (last I played).

In wildstar, since your large damage abilities are skill shots that players will be looking to dodge, you would have to rely more on your basic attack to deal constant damage.

I mean, as it stands in CTB3, you would like, backstab twice and then have to wait 20 seconds or something. I mean, I guess you could spam rupture >_>

So yeah, I don't think that the spam attack is going anywhere unless they are revamping all the classes, abilities, and pve content.
    To me that sounds like it makes the following attributes of a class the dominating features, in priority order:

1. CC immunity
    2. CC chaining (unless there is also CC-break chaining ofc)
    3. High burst damage
    4. Infinite or long duration kiting
    5. Burst healing.

The reasoning being that if everyone can do yellow attacks or counters all the time, they can offset each other across the duration of a fight. By contrast, with the described system, the more white damage there is, ironically the more critical any yellow attacks or their counters become!

So, which class(es) are designed to do the above the most?
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-10-27 at 08:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how tanking as a stalker will be.

I wonder how tanking as a stalker will be.
    I'm curious about that too. Since there will be, I think, at least one dungeon on CTB4 I plan on trying it. Most my abilities were positional with bonus's for attacking from behind so... We shall see.

*I mean, now that there's going to be content I want to play instead of their terrible leveling I will actually try to do more then find bugs and test basic systems

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what I was thinking. I hope they'll be able to produce enough threat to keep aggro without having damage bonuses, or maybe they'll have some cool killing spree-esque move that helps maintain aggro?

If I'm not in the next CBT, which according to Zito and the universe I won't be, you should definitely tell me how it is tanking. Stalker tank is what I'm leaning the most towards playing atm.

As a pvp player who enjoys mostly 1v1 and wpvp, guess I'll be rolling a stalker. You can always bet on the stealther in MMOs to be OP as fuck at small scale pvp. Plus I can play a slutty dressed drakken female.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stalker tank could play like SWTORs Sith Assassin with avoidance, energy barriers and leeching effects, would be cool, whilst Warrior would have the more traditional tanking of blocking and mitigating damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    As a pvp player who enjoys mostly 1v1 and wpvp, guess I'll be rolling a stalker. You can always bet on the stealther in MMOs to be OP as fuck at small scale pvp. Plus I can play a slutty dressed drakken female.
    Pls we all know Warriors will be 1v1 gods! (please please devs)

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Pls we all know Warriors will be 1v1 gods! (please please devs)
    Nah, man, if the history of MMO taught us anything about pvp is that warriors have their ups and downs and mostly downs. Besides, judging from the released videos, I don't see warriors having a lot of anti-kiting tools in wildstar, so I'm guessing ranged will be having a field day with warriors in pvp.

Nah, man, if the history of MMO taught us anything about pvp is that warriors have their ups and downs and mostly downs. Besides, judging from the released videos, I don't see warriors having a lot of anti-kiting tools in wildstar, so I'm guessing ranged will be having a field day with warriors in pvp.
    You don't see a lot of kiting tools either, just saying.

Deleted
    Depends how true WS is to the "vanilla WoW", I remember wrecking faces on my warrior back then, charging in whirl winding and kill 10+ people Rogues giving you infinite Overpowers thanks to dodge <3

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought there was a very strong anti-ranged CC in anchors or tethers or whatever?