Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Only "hard" 5mans in wow have been the tbc ones before people overgeared them, and the cataclysm ones before they nerfed them and ppl overgeared them. Wrath heroics and Mop heroics were a joke.
    Apologies. I never meant heroic DUNGEONS. I meant raids... If the dungeons in Wildstar will be equally hard, or even superior to heroic raid content in WoW, we will be happy. I know it's not the case for the first few dungeons (Yoggcast showed they're fairly easy, eventhough they felt it was hard).

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    That said, I found the heroics in WoW to be "lol"-worthy.P
    Yes, sorry I didn't understand you meant heroic dungeons. I never did those more than once or twice since we've always started raiding right away.

Let it be clear again, I was talking about heroic raids. Those were hard - imo (not sure about the garrosh raid, since that was the only one I never did). We would love to continue raiding, but as a physician you work between 60 and 80 hours a week. It's simply not feasible to manage such a large group of people.

We would love 5 man raids. I know I'm being selfish here, mind you. The warlock green fire quest, was one of my most epic experiences in WoW. It was tough but I could try it whenever I wanted and for how long I wanted, without having to rely, recruit or babysit 9/24 others. 5 man raids would've granted me and my friends the same flexibility. But as I said, I'm being selfish, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Come on, as long as you're not talking about raids, WoW heroics were absolutely faceroll.
    Yes. I agree. Heroic dungeons have never been difficult. They were challenging and fun at the start of cata, but were nerfed quickly after the cries started inundating the forums. That was a sad day for WoW.

Maybe some day, some MMO, will provide 5 man content that's comparable to WoW's heroic raiding. I'm a firm believer that this would make raiding more interesting for a larger audience. 10 man content made raiding more accissble, now immagine the same for smaller groups (of friends).
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2014-05-15 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Come on, as long as you're not talking about raids, WoW heroics were absolutely faceroll. They went from remotely difficult in TBC to faceroll in WotLK, to slightly harder in Cata and in MoP they took another step down. Now they are not any harder than leveling dungeons, making them completely irrelevant. I was literally clearing them in 10 minutes 2 days after I dinged 90, and that was in LFG. This is anything but top-level content.

Wildstar dungeons are actually difficult - all of them, even entry dungeons. Hell, the first adventure was easy, but still someone in my group managed to die a few times, and killing the last boss took a few minutes. In comparison, last boss in WoW's Deadmines takes literally 30 seconds to kill. I was watching Kungen's stream today, he was doing the first dungeon, and he was actually wiping there. That's how difficult Wildstar dungeons are.
    I think people are over-glorifying the first dungeon a little too much. The dungeon was NOT "hard" by any means whatsoever. It was simply what a dungeon should be: safe pulling, managing threat, keeping up heals and dpsing one target at a time. But this does not constitute a "hard" dungeon. However, this is a definite step up from current wow 5mans where a blood DK can pull an entire room and tank, dps and heal.

I would assume Kungen's group was messing around because I honestly don't see an experienced MMO group wiping in the first dungeon.

I can't speak for end game raids because I haven't done any.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    -snip-
    Ah, I assumed you meant dungeons. xD Sorry.

Well, unfortunately, there's no "Accessible" raiding in this game. They follow the elitist ideal of "If you can't do 20s or 40s you aren't working hard enough for it."

It is a philosophy I disagree with, and I believe that the market will break them of this idea eventually, but it's been talked about to death in this thread and I don't wanna start any flame wars or anything because.. well, you know how those conversations go.

So, to answer your question, the content you'd be interested in are 5man Veteran dungeons and Adventures, if you liked challenge modes in WoW. If you're a heroic raider, you'd like their raid level difficulty, but unfortunately the size requirement just isn't your (or my) cup of tea.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    Apologies. I never meant heroic DUNGEONS. I meant raids... If the dungeons in Wildstar will be equally hard, or even superior to heroic raid content in WoW, we will be happy. I know it's not the case for the first few dungeons (Yoggcast showed they're fairly easy, eventhough they felt it was hard).
    Don't hold your breath. Heroic wow raids are very hard. I have my doubts that Wildstar will be able to top WoW heroic raid difficulty.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, sorry I didn't understand you meant heroic dungeons. I never did those more than once or twice since we've always started raiding right away.

Let it be clear again, I was talking about heroic raids. Those were hard - imo (not sure about the garrosh raid, since that was the only one I never did). We would love to continue raiding, but as a physician you work between 60 and 80 hours a week. It's simply not feasible to manage such a large group of people.

We would love 5 man raids. I know I'm being selfish here, mind you. The warlock green fire quest, was one of my most epic experiences in WoW. It was tough but I could try it whenever I wanted and for how long I wanted, without having to rely, recruit or babysit 9/24 others. 5 man raids would've granted me and my friends the same flexibility. But as I said, I'm being selfish, sorry.

Yes. I agree. Heroic dungeons have never been difficult. They were challenging and fun at the start of cata, but were nerfed quickly after the cries started inundating the forums. That was a sad day for WoW.

Maybe some day, some MMO, will provide 5 man content that's comparable to WoW's heroic raiding. I'm a firm believer that this would make raiding more interesting for a larger audience. 10 man content made raiding more accissble, now immagine the same for smaller groups (of friends).
    Challenge modes in WoW are difficult to get gold in, though not complete. The heroic dungeons in WoD are supposed to be as hard as some of the easier cata heroics prenerf, so ill be happy with that.

- - - Updated - - -

I too think there should be 5 man mini raids released along side major raids. Telling the minor story of the patch, and being hard and long like Scholomance in vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Don't hold your breath. Heroic wow raids are very hard. I have my doubts that Wildstar will be able to top WoW heroic raid difficulty.

- - - Updated - - -

Challenge modes in WoW are difficult to get gold in, though not complete. The heroic dungeons in WoD are supposed to be as hard as some of the easier cata heroics prenerf, so ill be happy with that.

- - - Updated - - -

I too think there should be 5 man mini raids released along side major raids. Telling the minor story of the patch, and being hard and long like Scholomance in vanilla.
    Heroic Wow raids are hard if ur bad at the game and such yes, I mean most bosses in siege of heroic even during progress were easy i, most guilds that were decent did like 3-4+ heroic first week it was available, included me, each tier has like 3-4 hard bosses, Siege paragon and garrosh is the only ones i have ever found even a little challenging this tier, but then again i did Belt fulltime on siege so i guess if i didnt do belt that was one of the harder bosses, but other then that i would say most bosses in heroic raids nowdays are easy except from a few and wildstar raiding could easily beat that, i mean their first boss looks 10 times harder then immerseus or fallen protector or whatever,
    Last edited by mmoc39f78ccd49; 2014-05-15 at 01:41 AM.

Hey guys, I just got an update on the name reservation system. After I submitted a ticket about it saving the wrong name for me, I got this response:

Howdy!

We wanted to give you folks an update on the name reservation situation. We have a few fixes that will be put in place over the next 24 hours that should alleviate quite a bit of the issues. Once these fixes are in place we’ll contact you with instructions on what to do next!

Thank you for your continued support of WildStar!

Nick "Mr.Smiley"
    WildStar Support Team
    Just making sure everyone is informed! (I can supply screenshots, if need be.)

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    Heroic Wow raids are hard if ur bad at the game and such yes, I mean most bosses in siege of heroic even during progress were easy i, most guilds that were decent did like 3-4+ heroic first week it was available, included me, each tier has like 3-4 hard bosses, Siege paragon and garrosh is the only ones i have ever found even a little challenging this tier, but then again i did Belt fulltime on siege so i guess if i didnt do belt that was one of the harder bosses, but other then that i would say most bosses in heroic raids nowdays are easy except from a few and wildstar raiding could easily beat that, i mean their first boss looks 10 times harder then immerseus or fallen protector or whatever,
    Not being top 100 guild material doesn't mean Im bad at the game. For the masses, heroic raids in wow are very hard. They have to be beatable by decent normal mode guilds, or they wouldn't be worth the design cost. If wildstars raids are harder than wows, they will fail so fast that it will be funny. Also, when top world top 10 guilds are wiping on 4-6 bosses in a tier 100+ times I think its safe to say they are hard. Look at Ragnaros. He took like a month or something to down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    Hey guys, I just got an update on the name reservation system. After I submitted a ticket about it saving the wrong name for me, I got this response:

Just making sure everyone is informed! (I can supply screenshots, if need be.)
    I wonder if they'll let us reserve names based on servers since the service tripped and died?

Maybe Cougar won't get to wait his extra few weeks?

Hmm.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping they'll unlock the name for other servers upon creation of that character - that would be best.

I don't get why the Dominion is considered the evil faction, they're just misunderstood by most players.

I love their church theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Valstorm Warsong View Post

I love their church OST.
    agree 100%

I don't get why the Dominion is considered the evil faction, they're just misunderstood by most players.
    Don't know if sarcastic. Have you played the Exile quests? This is not WoW where Alliance/Horde are shades of grey. Carbine has very clearly made and presented the Dominion as the evil faction.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really liking the Explorer path. Between the platforming, puzzle solving and random stuff you find its pretty entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Don't know if sarcastic. Have you played the Exile quests? This is not WoW where Alliance/Horde are shades of grey. Carbine has very clearly made and presented the Dominion as the evil faction.
    The dominion was created when the Elden picked the race best fit to rule the galaxy, they chose the Cassian. The Dominon treats it's citizen well, if they were to beat the exiles, then the galaxy would be united. The exiles are the bad guys in my opinion, they're just bandits, and pirates. The planet nexus belonged to the Elden, and the Elden picked the Cassian to rule the galaxy in their place, so Nexus belongs to the Dominion.

The dominion was created when the Elden picked the race best fit to rule the galaxy, they chose the Cassian. The Dominon treats it's citizen well, if they were to beat the exiles, then the galaxy would be united. The exiles are the bad guys in my opinion, they're just bandits, and pirates. The planet nexus belonged to the Elden, and the Elden picked the Cassian to rule the galaxy in their place, so Nexus belongs to the Dominion.
    Is this sarcastic or in-character? Because I've been playing Dominion for the beta, and the Dominion is... pretty unsubtle about being evil. Not least of all in the fact that it treats it's own civilians with a contempt that frequently spills into active malevolence. That's no spoiler, that's literally the second quest. Seriously, before you have set foot on Nexus you've killed like a dozen or so sentient creatures, all of whom where your fellow citizens.

Personally, I find the choice a bit odd: I mean, at least in Star Wars, choosing to go Sith Empire has some cosmetic and class elements. Inquisitors may play the same as consulars, but you do get to throw lightening at everything. In Wildstar the only difference is the races, although to be fair that's not nothing. Perhaps there is lots more moral ambiguity to come, but so far there seems to be little in the way of redeeming features to the Dominion. Although, I do suppose they make the trains run on time...

N.B., I'm not saying they are badly done or there is no reason to play Dominion, far from it. I'm just saying they are clearly meant as the bad-guys in the piece, a fairly direct thematic throwback to the Empire in the original Star Wars movies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    If wildstars raids are harder than wows, they will fail so fast that it will be funny. Also, when top world top 10 guilds are wiping on 4-6 bosses in a tier 100+ times I think its safe to say they are hard. Look at Ragnaros. He took like a month or something to down.
    that's not entirely correct, as long as they have multiple progression path they may do good, they may have troubles if raids this hard are the only progression path they have, and even in that case I'm not entirely sure it will be the case, the game has good secondary systems maybe not gear related, that may entice more people

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    So do dungeons make up for the awful leveling experience? Really wanna like this game but so far it's disappointingly boring. Course I'm not into pvp so that might be where the fun is.
    This is my issue and I'm worried it might break the deal for me. I can see how fun the instanced content looks, but getting to it is, so far, nearly unbearably dull. I'm pushing forward to get to content that looks fun to me but I have a nagging feeling that once I get there it's going to be incredibly difficult to find a group willing to sit through the content and work at it.

Can anyone alleviate my fears that PuGs will be able to handle the instanced content, and if not how time consuming or challenging is it to find a group or guild ready to really sit down and crack on the instance content? I've not even let myself worry about how hard it's going to be find a decent 40 man group at end game...
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    The 5mans in TBC were 'hard', but they were hard for many of the wrong (and unpleasant) reasons. In Wildstar they have managed to make challenge feel fun.

That is what it basically comes down to for me. The PvE in Wildstar just is more fun than in WoW.
    This is both wrong and right.

I tanked the shit out of HC Shattered Halls in mostly blues. It required a pretty decent Healer, but much more challenging than that was actually tanking all 9 mobs at the same time. The fact that most players couldn't cope with this, was due to the fact that they refused to follow orders, broke CC's, randomly targeted mobs instead of following a kill order and generally started hating the moment I asked them to let me do my job. On my Warrior Tank. 9 mobs. Warrior. Tank. All.

No offense, but the majority of players during WoW tBC were fucktards. People without brains, or just plain ADHD, who thought instances were hard, because they couldn't finish them. Ever.

HC Shadowlabs, another good example. All it required was some brains and let me do the pulling. You think they ever listened? "Let's rush into that big room with lots of mobs and just start pwning them".. **oops feared**, **oops mind controlled**. Wrong! You kill the first boss, then you cornerpull (yeah most of you don't even know what corner pulling is. Or stance dancing for that matter) group by group, CC the mobs within relative range, burst down the skull, then proceed to follow the kill order.

This was not hard, people refused to do it! More. than. a. gazillion. times..

People that finished dungeons with me, begged me to come with them, time and time again. I didn't have T6. I was mostly KZ + HC gear, initially just blues. But I was good. And most others, were just plain fucking bad.

Yes I can still get pissed off about all the hate I got for trying to get everyone through that instance without a single death.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2014-05-15 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    I'm hoping they'll unlock the name for other servers upon creation of that character - that would be best.
    I think it all depends on the reason they needed to do it in the first place. If it was purely a pre-order perk then you'll probably get your wish. But if it it was designed to limit the game to unique character names and unique guild names for a few weeks incase they need to merge servers post launch.. then you may need to wait to use a name already reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    I wonder if they'll let us reserve names based on servers since the service tripped and died?
    See above. I don't think they're going to change anything. They've left it too late now and far too many people have reserved names for them to change the system. I think the fixes are designed to stop people getting errors on the page.

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws....al/1781882.jpg
    ^^
    crafting
    http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws....al/1781880.jpg
    ^^class stats

Not sure if anyone posted these or not, these were posted in the official forums in a general tips/tricks guide. Seems pretty helpful, saw a few people confused by this a few pages ago(not my images, just copy/pasta).