Ah my bad, so everything is dead or dying.

10+ Year Old Account
    A series of 1s and 0s can't be alive to begin with. THEY WERE NEVER ALIVE AT ALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Ah my bad, so everything is dead or dying.
    My life is an empty void of darkness and sorrow.

Oh wait, this isn't the poetry subsection...
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

This conversation about what constitutes "dead" is dead. "Low" sub numbers != dead.

Why do I have a very strong feeling Wildstar will be P2P at launch. Either that or B2P with limited cash shop.

Carbine should do a poll on what payment module to use, to get community feedback. P2P or B2P. I think there's a very good chance their not doing F2P at launch, maybe down the road though.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Why do I have a very strong feeling Wildstar will be P2P at launch. Either that or B2P with limited cash shop.

Carbine should do a poll on what payment module to use, to get community feedback. P2P or B2P. I think there's a very good chance their not doing F2P at launch, maybe down the road though.
    The problem with polling is the demographics behind the votes. The P2P people tend to be pro P2P MMOs... And there's really only 3 of those. Odds are they are WoW fans. WoW fans tend to try out new MMOs and then drift back to WoW a few months after launch. Some stay at the new game but... Not a whole lot.
    So the people who will scream at Wildstar to go P2P will be the same people whose exodus will result in the P2P model failing for Wildstar.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by TranceMonster View Post
    and no gw2 is dead so don't say it's not because it dosn't have the playerbase to be an active mmo like WoW does.
    not really. Yesterday I played at 2:00a.m in a lv.65 zone where in other games nobody bothers to go anymore. One person was asking in the chat if anyone is still online and a bunch of people answered. I did a few fun events and explored the area with those guys.

A big problem at the moment is culling in PvE. Anet got rid of it in WvW and is now working on doing the same in PvE. Culling means that when you have too much people in an area, some of them are invisible because they can't be loaded that fast.
    If there were too few people playing the game, no one would bother about culling. Infact there are tons of people playing the game. At the moment most of them play in the low level zones where the living story happens... it's nice to see so much people being scaled back and playing together with low level players.

so no, GW2 isn't dying at all, quite the opposite - my guild constantly grows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Snip
    Theres no reasoning with these people. Anything that doesn't have wow's sub numbers is automatically dead by default.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me personally the only upcoming mmo that actually strikes me as interesting with a good enough "mmo" developer team to convince me to pre-order.

For me P2P is fine, B2P always tend to come with hidden costs what for me is a bit dishonest. The payment model is not a barrier if the product isn't questionable and of good quality.
    Always found it a bit of a bogus argument saying you need to be either F2P/B2P to do get a foot in the door.

Different from the other mmo's yet similar enough in taken over what works and trying to add new twists into the system about things that currently annoy us, it is for a part older Blizzard developers that worked on WoW, so this might pan out surprisingly well.

The 40 man raids is an interesting concept but it does feed into needing a larger guild or multiple guilds groups to do them, what for me can be a good or bad thing as those of us who raided the big raids also knew the downsides of it, being a pain to setup and manage and getting 40 good enough people to raid with but on the flip side we have downsized a lot of "massive" content in or multiplayer online games.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2013-04-27 at 08:47 PM.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Keeping my fingers and toes crossed, hoping Carbine doesn't screw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    not really. Yesterday I played at 2:00a.m in a lv.65 zone where in other games nobody bothers to go anymore. One person was asking in the chat if anyone is still online and a bunch of people answered. I did a few fun events and explored the area with those guys.

A big problem at the moment is culling in PvE. Anet got rid of it in WvW and is now working on doing the same in PvE. Culling means that when you have too much people in an area, some of them are invisible because they can't be loaded that fast.
    If there were too few people playing the game, no one would bother about culling. Infact there are tons of people playing the game. At the moment most of them play in the low level zones where the living story happens... it's nice to see so much people being scaled back and playing together with low level players.

so no, GW2 isn't dying at all, quite the opposite - my guild constantly grows.
    In WOW the older leveling zones were dead pre- CRZ so I don't know what point you are trying to make.

I'm trying to stay low, not getting into hype and get huge disappoint ever, like happend with holy GW2. When game comes out, then we can talk about how good is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakshamash View Post
    I'm trying to stay low, not getting into hype and get huge disappoint ever, like happend with holy GW2. When game comes out, then we can talk about how good is.
    Hype is hype. It's unreasonable and normally misguided. However, we're all patrons of the MMO world and as such,we have full availability to do vast amounts of research on these games before we spend our money or even diskspace on them. What about GW2 did you not know before you bought it that upset you so much?

There's quite a few Wildstar gameplay vids out now and it wont be long before youtube's flooded with them. Every potential buyer has the opportunity to avoid a bad purchase. It's entirely up to us to see that we do.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how many of those here care 'bout this kind of stuff, but found this little tidbit while being bored and as an RPer I found it pretty neat.
    http://www.wildstar-roleplay.com/hom...rticle/1436872

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    This is an article that is entirely about level-up content titled "Have Carbine created the perfect second MMO?" Really? Level-up content. Nothing could be more inconsequential and transient.

Of course, this sort of premature ass-kissing isn't new. We've seen it with GW2, where there were a flurry of articles out to praise it's dynamic zones, quests and level-up content. And then the reality of endgame dawns. The reality that level-up content simply doesn't matter anymore sets in. Then the question suddenly becomes: "is there anything else to do in this game?". We also saw it with WoW, when it first launched with glowing reviews praising it's accessibility and level-up content. Then the servers crashed, and crashed and crashed, and every server had hours long queues. Then suddenly the glowing reviews stopped and game-of-the-year awards got retracted.

Judging a MMO, before it's launched, and based on something as insignificant as it's level-up content is an inane waste of time. This article is worthless. Tell me about endgame content, because that's basically all that matters.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2013-04-28 at 11:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    This is an article that is entirely about level-up content titled "Have Carbine created the perfect second MMO?" Really? Level-up content. Nothing could be more inconsequential and transient.

Of course, this sort of premature ass-kissing isn't new. We've seen it with GW2, where there were a flurry of articles out to praise it's dynamic zones, quests and level-up content. And then the reality of endgame dawns. The reality that level-up content simply doesn't matter anymore sets in. Then the question suddenly becomes: "is there anything else to do in this game?". We also saw it with WoW, when it first launched with glowing reviews praising it's accessibility and level-up content. Then the servers crashed, and crashed and crashed, and every server had hours long queues. Then suddenly the glowing reviews stopped and game-of-the-year awards got retracted.

Judging a MMO, before it's launched, and based on something as insignificant as it's level-up content is an inane waste of time. This article is worthless. Tell me about endgame content, because that's basically all that matters.

saying something posititve is "ass-kissing" lol...

the leveling sounds brilliant and its how all mmo's should be.. i dont want to do one quest finish it, hand it in and then have to go back to the exact same area to do something slightly different.. i want to do it all at the same time. Challenge quests? also awesome and make things alot less boring.

Regardless of what you may think but leveling is a huge part and can last months for a large portion of the community to hit cap on one character.. and as you know people love alts.

no1 is judging the game.. its called a preview and first thoughts. Its giving consumers more info about the game and nothing more so stop whining about everything you hate about this game.. if its that bad just dont follow it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post

Remember, this is only your opinion. For me, end-game content is just a couple of hours, 2-3 nights per week raiding (in WoW). The vast majority of my time is spent leveling. Having an interesting new way to level sounds cool.
    Last edited by mmoc7d4700f6a8; 2013-04-28 at 11:57 AM. Reason: clarity

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually what that article told me was more then just level up content.

It told us that we can expect them to move past the idea of simply adding more instances to solve the problem of overcrowding and mob queues in such areas, that's also something we can apply to future high end content.

With that came a further explanation on "Paths" and how different they are, some perks to them as well and how they would define your experience in the game.

The writer actually didn't ass kiss as he raised two good concerns, one being he felt overwhelmed by content in sense of multiple things to do at once and wasn't sure that was a good thing as he felt somewhat rushed. The other was if Path choices being made that early in the game and something you cannot alter to not be something a lot of players would dislike.

Those are the things that come to mind without fully reading it again. Yes the header is an exaggeration but that's the point of a header, to catch your interest. Nothing ass kissing about that either as it's basic writing technique you'll find back in any digital or paper written media.

The game isn't being judged yet either, that's why it's called a preview not a review, of course one should always read different sources get the reasoning behind the game designs and it's target audience and compare it's features in reality when the game is actually out or when the first reviews from players before launch pop up, they have been rather open with their information so i personally do expect the PR approach to follow that suit the entire game development cycle up onto launch and maybe beyond, so i think we'll have more than enough time to actually weigh its worth when it's nearing release.

But i can understand your skepticism towards that as a lot of people got caught in other games hype which i won't give examples about to avoid some fans to get annoyed
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account