10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Just went through the muppetry of NC accounts, authenticator and whatnot and purchased a digital deluxe pre-order. I'll assume my 30 days are added to the account even tho I didn't set up a subscription (yet)? FAQ says they are added on June 3rd but I'll assume it applies for the 3 day head start regardless.

edit: okay the account management page finally decided to add the account summary confirming all is in order
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2014-05-29 at 10:25 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Seriously, the account page is STILL offline?

EDIT:

Now it works but I get e new error: The code you purchased is for a different region than your game account.

This is getting annoying.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2014-05-29 at 10:45 AM.

Yeah not a fantastic time to run into problems with their website.. a lot of pre-orders will happen today and tomorrow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Seriously, the account page is STILL offline?

EDIT:

Now it works but I get e new error: The code you purchased is for a different region than your game account.

This is getting annoying.
    Ouch. Sounds like you used an EU game code for a US or old beta account.

Wildstar does not have cross-region support. Last I heard, you have to contact Support to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Yeah not a fantastic time to run into problems with their website.. a lot of pre-orders will happen today and tomorrow.
    You would think they would have learned from the Naming Reservation debacle...

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Ouch. Sounds like you used an EU game code for a US (beta) account.

Wildstar does not have cross-region support. Last I heard, you have to contact Support to fix that.
    Apparently. I did choose the right country and what not. But I probably failed to check the correct language on the website, so I bought a US code...

Deleted
    The authenticator thing is just ridiculous. I go the the webside, download the authenticator to my device, set it up, enter the code from the webside, get a verification code on the mobile device, write it in, all it says is "Enter verification code" in red text.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's my eternal dilemma. I think I played literally every single class in EQ, GW2 and WoW, and almost all of them in other MMOs I've played. It's VERY rare that I find that one class that just really clicks with me and I enjoy over all others.

Of course, this infuriates my wife who always picks one class and sticks with it forever and ever.
    Fortunately, my bf's as much of an altoholic as I am, but yes to the rest. The closest I ever came to my perfect class was druid in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    She's a night elf feral druid at heart...it's no wonder she's playing an Aurin Stalker.
    Hah, sounds exactly like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    as long as Wildstar isn't the most exceedingly boring leveling experience known to man and the servers aren't down 16 of the 22 days I played it, I'll be cool with Wildstar. (My ESO experience in a nutshell)
    If you thought ESO questing was boring then Wildstar will be the most miserable experience of your MMO life.

That said, Wildstar questing still beats for me the rock-bottom of mainstream MMO questing, i.e. Tera, and you progress quickly to very quickly.
    Interesting. I'd say they're about equal, possibly with Tera slightly ahead. The only things I found that set them apart were shiphands and the few challenges that weren't timed kill quests.

Sounds like they greatly boosted leveling experience though, which it needed quite badly. If it were the same as in CBT3 I'd place bets on how many people would never see past level 20 due to quitting (and I'm not a gambler).
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Kessos View Post
    The authenticator thing is just ridiculous. I go the the webside, download the authenticator to my device, set it up, enter the code from the webside, get a verification code on the mobile device, write it in, all it says is "Enter verification code" in red text.
    The blank profile (or whatever it's called) that I saw available when I first downloaded the app didn't work as the authenticator for Wildstar when I scanned the QR code.

I had to create a new entry on the authenticator app - pressing the little pencil icon on the top right and hitting the plus sign before scanning the QR code - and it was that verification number that worked.

- - - Updated - - -

You would think they would have learned from the Naming Reservation debacle...
    After reading the post-mortem they put up following that particular debacle about what went wrong and roughly how they went about fixing it, I'd say they did learn from it and the current issues likely stem from a different set of problems.

I was going to add an authenticator but they don't sell physical ones?

dammit... I don't have a smart phone because it's useless to me, I'd only use it as an authenticator. (It would be a $30 a month authenticator)

I really hope they sell physical ones sometime soon, I don't wanna go without one. :l

Deleted
    Tried everything now, making a new entry, with the code and with the barcode, I get a verification code. When I try to put it on my NCsoft account it just says "Please enter a verification code." the same message I get when I don't enter any code at all and press Verify

Deleted
    Don't use the standard NCSoft Account page, use the wildstar-specific link : https://secure.wildstar-online.com/c...tManagement.pl

that should work (most of the time)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    Don't use the standard NCSoft Account page, use the wildstar-specific link : https://secure.wildstar-online.com/c...tManagement.pl

that should work (most of the time)
    That's the one I am using :/

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    Well, the realms are down right now anyway, but I didn't have any issues with using my authenticator so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Subjective. My RL friends hated the questing in ESO, but love the Wildstar simplicity of 'go kill x boars and collect x bear asses' quests, probably just because the combat itself is more fun.
    As much I enjoyed ESO's in-depth quests I find myself enjoying Wildstar's quests just as much. It just feels very smooth and exciting, especially with the path missions and challenges mixed in. One thing I really enjoyed was having to avoid environmental hazards whilst exploring. It just feels very immersive to have to dodge lightning strikes and lasers.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's the one I am using :/
    I had to log on to the default NCSoft page. I waited for it to time out. Then I clicked the link that poster gave, which brought me to a newish Wildstar site that made it seem like I had no game code applied. Then I clicked on the 'My Account' button at the top of the page which took me to the real account page and confirms that I have my Deluxe Edition and that my game time expires on July 3. This also means the head start is 'free' time and not a part of the first 30 days, which is cool.

For reference, this is what it looks like:
    Account Status Active
    Type StandardDeluxe
    Playable Until Jul 3, 2014Expired
    Subscription 1 Month(s
    BAD WOLF

I've thought most of the quests were generic. While not bad, just kinda plain (no interesting ones, but not many annoying as hell ones.)
    Although, I can't stand the timed challenges, and never being able to complete them, because there is a single other person doing it as well, and there is only 4 spawns and you have to kill 15 of them for bronze in 2 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Barcasaur View Post
    Add the code on the receipt and you are good to go, i pre-ordered from gamestop as well gotta have my box!

we have till the end of june 5th to enter cd keys.

I pre-ordered online and am waiting for the codes in the email

Deleted
    All of Wildstar's web infrastructure feels like it was designed and built by Chuas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I had to log on to the default NCSoft page. I waited for it to time out. Then I clicked the link that poster gave, which brought me to a newish Wildstar site that made it seem like I had no game code applied. Then I clicked on the 'My Account' button at the top of the page which took me to the real account page and confirms that I have my Deluxe Edition and that my game time expires on July 3. This also means the head start is 'free' time and not a part of the first 30 days, which is cool.

For reference, this is what it looks like:
    Account Status Active
    Type StandardDeluxe
    Playable Until Jul 3, 2014Expired
    Subscription 1 Month(s
    Was that referring to my earlier post about headstart or the one about my authenticator not working as intended?

that my game time expires on July 3.
    Where can you see that? I had that in old account site, but can't find it in new one.

Also, wtf is up with

For your security, we cannot accept that password. Please choose a different password
    d

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was that referring to my earlier post about headstart or the one about my authenticator not working as intended?
    To be honest, I just didn't have any caffeine yet and I think I got confused about what you were trying to do. If you have already added the 2 step verification, which is activated on the 'real' account page I mentioned, then I'm at a loss on how to proceed. It's probably just fubar b/c their site is wonky right now. It frequently is returning as down. I believe if your account shows as active currently that you will have head start. That's my assumption, since I am supposed to have head start. *crosses fingers*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by funyroger View Post
    Where can you see that? I had that in old account site, but can't find it in new one.
    I had to go through the whole rigmarole that I posted earlier to get to it.
    BAD WOLF