Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    yeaaa....I was skeptical of wildstar and I still am but I got a guest pass from a friend so I am leveling. When will this get it's own sub-forum? I don't know the rules for that. I don't feel like reading through 1000+ pages but does anyone have useful resources for class info and just info about the game in general? The game really blows at teaching you how the game works.
    Yes - it does suck at teaching how it works.

Reading the tooltips for abilities I kind of get which are for dps and CC and which are to apply debuffs or for tanking/threat / damage mitigation, so that's ok.

WS-Base.com is a decent website with info. I haven't delved into guides for classes / roles / stats to stack for those roles, but the game doesn't tell you what gear stats are good for what class / role.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    This makes no sense? What is wrong with being able to raid sooner?

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't say it was. I said raiding is what holds me in a game. I'll do the other content (-pvp), but if I can't raid I don't see a point.
    Sounds to me like this game isn't for you. Please go to something else and stop already trying to water down our desired product THAT WE PAID FOR knowing how the game was already structured.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    And you can't do the bolded part through the raid fights themselves? If the raid bosses are as hard as Carbine claims, just let everyone who is up to the challenge tackle them directly. Why make players jump through hoops?
    Stoneguards normal

the end

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The effort should be IN the raiding. Not in unrelated hurdles before it.

Vast attunement systems have been done to death in the past, and every time the majority has walked away with the general consensus that it did more harm than good. The only people that really seem to like them are the people that equate "Time" with "Skill" or some other similar, strange concepts.
    Sorry, I will not agree with allowing the non-dedicated and utterly worthless a chance to even touch raiding.

I've dealt with that shit enough in WoW, I won't tolerate it again. People couldn't even hack the simple crap let alone what this game offers.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Sounds to me like this game isn't for you. Please go to something else and stop already trying to water down our desired product THAT WE PAID FOR knowing how the game was already structured.

I already said the same thing myself.

Please answer my question though. What is wrong with allowing people to raid sooner?

Please answer my question though. What is wrong with allowing people to raid sooner?
    Don't bother.

These people have a very narrow perspective on how MMOs "should" work. Like, extremely narrow.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Bookmarked for prosperity.

Hey, is there an add-on where it'll make it more visible when allies are out of range from you? Would be really nifty in battlegrounds when I'm healing. Especially as a Esper which has a lot of traditional MMO spells where an ally needs to be specifically selected.
    Something like this maybe?
    http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/220080-grid

Part of the description:
    Shows a range indicator for your group members. Units that are further than (default 35m, reverie range) away from you get faded out. Helps knowing if you will heal that low health DPS at the other end of the room with your finisher or not.

Everything. They don't belong there to begin with in many cases.

You clearly don't understand the seething hatred I have for most players back on WoW and how I loathe them so. The more checks we have in place to pick them out and crush their hopes, the better things will be for us in the long run.

Seems mean and cruel but in reality it's necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    Something like this maybe?
    http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/220080-grid

Part of the description:
    Awww yeah, you muh turtle. Gimmie some shell son.

You clearly don't understand the seething hatred I have for most players back on WoW and how I loathe them so. The more checks we have in place to pick them out and crush their hopes, the better things will be for us in the long run.

I personally enjoy the taste of their tears

10+ Year Old Account

These attunements won't stop bad players from raiding. It will only stop those that don't play 8 hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Don't bother.

These people have a very narrow perspective on how MMOs "should" work. Like, extremely narrow.
    And some people need to stop trying to get games to cater to themselves.

These attunements won't stop bad players from raiding. It will only stop those that don't play 8 hours a day.
    Guess who's going to get attuned?

<--- This guy.

Guess how many hours I'll be playing?

Probably a couple of an evening and more on the weekend. I don't mind it taking some time. It'll just make me that much more hungry and eager.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    ZING! The toof hurts!

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    and some people need to stop making games cater to everybody

You may want to come down from that high horse before you hurt yourself. Trying to act high and mighty about skill in MMO PvE is fairly laughable, especially to those of us that have actually spent time at the top end.
    I don't give a shit where you've been pal.

Earn your way on here or piss off. I don't want to hear your crying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess who's going to get attuned?

<--- This guy.

Guess how many hours I'll be playing?

Probably a couple of an evening and more on the weekend. I don't mind it taking some time. It'll just make me that much more hungry and eager.
    Since when did time = skill? I thought the point was to keep bad players out of raiding not just make it take a long time?

ZING! The toof hurts!
    Show me where I asked wildstar to change?

For the same reason you dont let everyone be part of your starting line up in a sports team. They haven't proven themselves. Its easier to gate new raiders with attunement then cycle then through your roster potentially frustrating all of your proven raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xynen View Post
    For the same reason you dont let everyone be part of your starting line up in a sports team. They haven't proven themselves. Its easier to gate new raiders with attunement then cycle then through your roster potentially frustrating all of your proven raiders.

Funny thing is all those people on the team spent the same amount of time in training

10+ Year Old Account

They dont belong there? So, you stepped into heroic raiding and cleared the entire raid, one shotting each boss? You didnt need to learn mechanics? You've never died in fire?

How long did it take you and your guild to download heroic Garrosh? 25 man heroic Lich King? Did you even down C'Thun? Do you even understand how much practice it takes to do these bosses with 20 to 40 people? Did YOU even belong there?

Ive seen scrubs, who didnt even know what Taunt was, go on to tank heroic content. Quit acting like you know something about doing REAL raids.

Ooo, such edge.

I'd better keep my distance. Don't want the edginess to give me a cut or anything.
    At this point I'd assume a kitten's fur could potentially cut deep into you.

Keep insulting me but I know what I signed up for when I purchased this game and I was happy to do so.

If you don't agree with what they've done, return to WoW, and do us all a favor by staying there. You don't need to buy Wildstar. You don't need to play it. You really shouldn't even be on these forums if you're just here to simply trash talk it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    They dont belong there? So, you stepped into heroic raiding and cleared the entire raid, one shotting each boss? You didnt need to learn mechanics? You've never died in fire?

How long did it take you and your guild to download heroic Garrosh? 25 man heroic Lich King? Did you even down C'Thun? Do you even understand how much practice it takes to do these bosses with 20 to 40 people? Did YOU even belong there?

Ive seen scrubs, who didnt even know what Taunt was, go on to tank heroic content. Quit acting like you know something about doing REAL raids.
    Again, don't you dare trash talk when you can't even handle a simple attunement.

You've already tossed in the towel before you even began!

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point I'd assume a kitten's fur could potentially cut deep into you.

Keep insulting me but I know what I signed up for when I purchased this game and I was happy to do so.

If you don't agree with what they've done, return to WoW, and do us all a favor by staying there. You don't need to buy Wildstar. You don't need to play it. You really shouldn't even be on these forums if you're just here to simply trash talk it.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, don't you dare trash talk when you can't even handle a simple attunement.

You've already tossed in the towel before you even began!

I don't see anyone trash talking the game. I see people trash talking the "elitist" player attitude like yours. Where some how time magically = skill.