Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Geez, you sound like one of those Carbine guys going around before launch talking up the game under the 'guise' of a normal gamer.

Carbine wants players to keep up to a standard but won't hold themselves there.
    Geez, you sound like one of those Blizzard guys going around complaining about Carbine under the 'guise' of a normal gamer.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Played a little more on my 2nd day, but not too much.

New class ranking for me:

1. Esper + Engineer
    2. Medic
    3. Stalker

I don't really like melee :P

Need to try spellslinger again.

__
    Faction question, in WS, is there clear faction morality, like this faction are the good guys and this are the bad guys, or is it more ambiguous, like they both do many good and bad things?
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

I'm only level 14 and haven't encountered any bugs or issues. After reading the last page or two and hearing about all these bugs I can tell you one thing that compared to ESO, this fucking game has no bugs lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Faction question, in WS, is there clear faction morality, like this faction are the good guys and this are the bad guys, or is it more ambiguous, like they both do many good and bad things?
    Dominion doesn't really seem very evil to me. Getting Galactic Empire vibes here; they might not be nice, but they're orderly and efficient. And I guess they do have a legit claim to Nexus since it was the Eldan homeworld or whatever, and the Dominion's the descendants of the Eldan.

Honestly, it's probably pretty much exactly like Star Wars; the Empire isn't necessarily evil, and the Republic isn't necessarily good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    I'm only level 14 and haven't encountered any bugs or issues. After reading the last page or two and hearing about all these bugs I can tell you one thing that compared to ESO, this fucking game has no bugs lol.
    It wouldn't be a Bethesda Softworks game if it didn't have more bugs than actual features.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    GW2 has two primary currencies:
    i actually knew all that and always thought it was a pretty good business model that i would like more future mmos to adapt^^

but it didn't stop gold sellers. it may very well have reduced them, but i got a lot of spam in my mailbox during the one month that i played after release. the reason why they were apparently still able to make a profit is simple: gold sellers were able to sell gold much cheaper compared to buying gold through gems.

i've barely played any gw2 since that one month after release, which is why i asked, as i couldn't say if gold sellers really have disappeared completely by now. but i do know that the system itself certainly did not prevent it during the time that i did play.

also, reducing/removing gold seller profit is one of the stated goals of carbine's credd system. but again, it might very well be that gold sellers find ways to offer their illegal gold for significantly less real money compared to the credd economy.

yeah, it's pretty clear that the dominion are the bad guys. it's not completely black and white, the dominion do have some good reasons for conquering the entire galaxy and the exiles do often resort to pretty brutal kinds of warfare and the like as well, but all in all the dominion is most definitely further on the evil side than the exiles.

in fact, leading dominion individuals are often portrayed in somewhat of a cartoon-villain-light^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Dominion is definitely evil. Just wait until you get to same of the later zones. Their tactics are downright despicable, I don't want to spoil it, but as a Dominion player I felt very evil and I loved it. Also, just some backstory, the Dominion pretty much wrecked the Aurin homeworld because they were trading with Exile humans. They literally burned their forests to the ground.
    And all in the name of science and simply because we can/could !

Only lvl 18 here ( ''played'' since headstart'' ). Damn you real life

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i actually knew all that and always thought it was a pretty good business model that i would like more future mmos to adapt^^

but it didn't stop gold sellers. it may very well have reduced them, but i got a lot of spam in my mailbox during the one month that i played after release. the reason why they were apparently still able to make a profit is simple: gold sellers were able to sell gold much cheaper compared to buying gold through gems.

i've barely played any gw2 since that one month after release, which is why i asked, as i couldn't say if gold sellers really have disappeared completely by now. but i do know that the system itself certainly did not prevent it during the time that i did play.

also, reducing/removing gold seller profit is one of the stated goals of carbine's credd system. but again, it might very well be that gold sellers find ways to offer their illegal gold for significantly less real money compared to the credd economy.
    I didn't start GW2 until probably like a year after it was released, and I've played off and on since then, a week here, a week there. Never encountered a single gold seller or mailbox spam or anything like that.

And it can't be worse than FF14. That game had fun gameplay and a neat world to play in, but god I've never seen an in-game economy destroyed so quickly.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Dominion is definitely evil. Just wait until you get to same of the later zones. Their tactics are downright despicable, I don't want to spoil it, but as a Dominion player I felt very evil and I loved it. Also, just some backstory, the Dominion pretty much wrecked the Aurin homeworld because they were trading with Exile humans. They literally burned their forests to the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    yeah, it's pretty clear that the dominion are the bad guys. it's not completely black and white, the dominion do have some good reasons for conquering the entire galaxy and the exiles do often resort to pretty brutal kinds of warfare and the like as well, but all in all the dominion is most definitely further on the evil side than the exiles.

in fact, leading dominion individuals are often portrayed in somewhat of a cartoon-villain-light^^
    Ahh well that makes me feel a bit better. I tend to like playing the good guys. Also i felt bad for what dominion did to that poor elder tree.
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    I've never seen WoW praised for its lore. A good indicator of when writers are bad is when they go with time travel.
    It gets heavily praised for it's lore.

If you actually read the quests you will see why, plus it has the warcraft games as well to live off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I didn't start GW2 until probably like a year after it was released, and I've played off and on since then, a week here, a week there. Never encountered a single gold seller or mailbox spam or anything like that.
    maybe they did manage it. if that is the case, hopefully we'll see gold sellers disappear from wildstar after a while as well :]

Ahh well that makes me feel a bit better. I tend to like playing the good guys. Also i felt bad for what dominion did to that poor elder tree.
    IKR?!

usually i really dislike factions in mmos. it splits the community, and in something like wow the conflicts feel really forced to me.

but i gotta say, I DESPISE THE DOMINION!! xD
    not the actual players, mind you. but if i would ever do some rp'ing with my aurin, she'd spend one half of her time dancing through colorful forests, smelling flowers, singing lopp songs and all that, and the other half slaughtering every single dommy she can find, preferably in ways that cause them excruciating pain, and desecrating their corpses afterwards for good measure!

I found it fairly obvious the Domion was evil as soon as I started playing. The whole emperor and the church business in the starter zone gave me strong Warhammer 40k vibes(And Warhammer 40k is basically a villain vs villain franchise based on previous research I've done).

That and the daily i got in the 1st zone that wanted me to go out and start trying to convert the natives.

I kinda skimmed the Exile quests (My leveling partner ended up not liking Spellslinger, so we re-rolled to Exile) but from the little bit I've read they do give off more of a good guy vibe.

It is hard to take them seriously tho when they all sound like Rogue from the X-Men. One lady even called me Sugar. I'm really sick of hearing southern American accents in things these days.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

I grew tired of the game. It's largely my fault I guess.

I kept hopping classes since I don't find one that fits my expectations and the thought of going through auroria again on my stalker makes me sick. The first adventure's endless spawns makes me question devs intentions and lastly, just like in Tera, the whole dodging stuff barely works on my 270ms latency.

Guess the game is just not for me. GLHF guys and gals.
    Last edited by Sacrelis; 2014-06-12 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    This game has so many bugs it's not even funny. I needed addons to stop my head from hurting \o/. And even addons can't fix: bugged npcs that reset, aggro that doesn't break, clunky quest log/quest display, healthbars and nameplates that don't show, BG's server crashing 8 out of 10 games, zooming out causing your character to be blurred, FUCKING SOMEONE HITTING A RED MOB ONCE MAKING IT ONLY GIVE 1% PROGRESS. And countless other bugs. You can find most of those before 15. It's not that "there are no bugs", the game is filled with them but most people are too hyped to see it.

The game is broken by design and it's going to flunk as soon as people get over initial hype. Needing addons to be playable and "well, other games had more bugs!" aren't acceptable for a MMO let alone sub based.

But then again someone here tried to argue with me that Wildstar will have more viewers than LoL/WoW/DotA2/Hearthstone on twitch permanently...not that it was initial hype. Now it can't hit 3k viewers with someone featured on twitch front page. Considering I streamed LoL 3 times and I had 6k concurrent viewers, I'd say that aspect is dead.

I think I might have just passed the phase of my life where an MMO is something fun to do...

I've had it since the head-start, and I'm still a measly lvl 19 SS. No interest in raids with their grindy prerequisites, no interest in pvp (ever), and groups in general are annoying to me...

This MMO has the most polish and best mechanics I've seen since wow, I love most things about it, and that's saying something. But I just don't feel the urge to log in and do shit. The prospect of another 31 levels of grinding stuff kinda puts me off... Maybe if I'd powerlevel it I'd get done faster, but lore/story is pretty much the only thing I'm interested in...

Ugh, wasted €45,- for no reason it seems... it sucks to be old and jaded :|

After hitting level 50, will going back and doing the quests that I skipped/missed still grant Dominion rep? or do quest stop giving dominion rep after 50, it's hard to find out since only certain quests give Dominion rep. I need like 8k more rep and I get on average about 1k per day, I really want to move on to the next step as quick as possible.
    Last edited by Valstorm Warsong; 2014-06-12 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valstorm Warsong View Post
    After hitting level 50, will going back and doing the quests that I skipped/missed still grant Dominion rep? or do quest stop giving dominion rep after 50, it's hard to find out since only certain quests give Dominion rep. I need like 8k more rep and I get on average about 1k per day, I really want to move on to the next step as quick as possible.
    All quest gives Exile/Dominion rep.

How do you guys make that much money ? Just by using the AH trick ? Or is there something else ? I'm so bad at making money in MMO and I usually don't care 'bout it except that Wildstar let me buy my sub with in game currency so I care

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Geez, you sound like one of those Blizzard guys going around complaining about Carbine under the 'guise' of a normal gamer.
    Wildstar sounds great and I would really be suited to its end game. However I don't like the art style, setting, and the telegraph system which are all deal breakers unfortunately. I do think they swung too far to the hardcore side though and it will damage what would of been a good game.
    Last edited by Khorm; 2014-06-12 at 08:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where do you get better gathering tools?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm finding myself drained at the moment.

All I can do it login, force myself to go up one level, then I just log off (I'm level 43, anyone else surprised how fast it is to level at this stage?). I was hoping to raid in the game, but my desire to is fading fast and anyone I knew who bought the game, have already quit. I gave my 3 guest passes to friends and they quit after a couple of days... I tried to tell them to stick it out till 20 for the first dungeons, but nope.

It's also looking like they have opened up too many servers, something they were trying to avoid. The busiest EU server is down to a 5 min queue at peak time as well which is a bad sign considering how long the queues were last week.

Don't want to sound like I'm bashing the game, so will end this with it is the most responsive gameplay for a MMO since WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    But then again someone here tried to argue with me that Wildstar will have more viewers than LoL/WoW/DotA2/Hearthstone on twitch permanently...not that it was initial hype. Now it can't hit 3k viewers with someone featured on twitch front page. Considering I streamed LoL 3 times and I had 6k concurrent viewers, I'd say that aspect is dead.
    It's going to drop further when Dexter stops the constant stream, which brings in around a constant 1-1.5k viewers. Views can and probably will increase when more guilds are raiding.

I know people will disagree on this forum, but Twitch views is a valid way to see popularity of a game.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2014-06-12 at 08:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *shrug* I'm playing it and i really enjoy it, my main reason for playing it is because blizzard treat their customers terribly though, if they didn't i would more than likely still be on wow.