Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    A more likely scenario is that through the process of 'flipping switches' on and off they pinpointed a pretty accurate source of problems, but it takes a massive overhaul to get it up properly. Since it's not like they are launching, it would make sense to let the employees enjoy the rest of their holiday weekend and get back to it fresh next week.

I mean, a hypothetical situation is that your login servers run almost perfect, people can get in the game pretty reliably, but no one can play because of server latency then they would probably have a very specific road map to chart for improvement. No reason to let people keep running around unable to play or give you any new data if you could just be up front about the situation and fix it as soon as you can.
    This.

They got enough data to keep them busy for weeks. They want to fix the issues they found and THEN see how it works. Judging by their tone, they found some key issues they have to fix before they can test other aspects of their build in a stress test situation.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrus View Post
    Pretty sure the said you at least had to attempt to login during the event. So I would take that with a grain of salt.
    That;s true but keep in mind they ended it much earlier then anticipated so this could be for those who never finished downloading the client or never got time to log in due to work ect.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrus View Post
    Pretty sure the said you at least had to attempt to login during the event. So I would take that with a grain of salt.
    Yeah. I umm...hear that it lasted a few hours and knowing that Carbine is very in tune with their players and is very transparent, I would think there a plenty of people who didn't even get the opportunity to try yet. It's a gesture of goodwill on their part to allow all people they invited have a real chance later.

---------- Post added 2013-05-25 at 10:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    This.

They got enough data to keep them busy for weeks. They want to fix the issues they found and THEN see how it works. Judging by their tone, they found some key issues they have to fix before they can test other aspects of their build in a stress test situation.
    And there's a chance they realized they needed multiple stress tests and will keep calling on these people to help them out. It's a lot smarter than what other games have done, that's for sure. *cough* Diablo 3
    BAD WOLF

Yeah. I umm...hear that it lasted a few hours and knowing that Carbine is very in tune with their players and is very transparent, I would think there a plenty of people who didn't even get the opportunity to try yet. It's a gesture of goodwill on their part to allow all people they invited have a real chance later.

And there's a chance they realized they needed multiple stress tests and will keep calling on these people to help them out. It's a lot smarter than what other games have done, that's for sure. *cough* Diablo 3
    This is very true. Carbine has been very transparent with their communications, which is one reason I'm so interested in this game. Haha.
    "And if it ends with both of us dying in an explosion taking out a Reaper - remember, I took the killshot." ~ Garrus Vakarian

10+ Year Old Account

diablo 3 login issues? nahhh

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3 had like 1-3 million more players then expected at launch tho? : p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Yup

It was an actual stress test, not a "come see our game " test.

They invited enough people to destroy the servers, I guess to see what the chokepoints were.
    Not sure what's the point of inviting the very limited amount of people in a closed beta to a stress test. Stress tests are done with as many people as possible, preferably more than those who will actually will play the game after release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    Not sure what's the point of inviting the very limited amount of people in a closed beta to a stress test. Stress tests are done with as many people as possible, preferably more than those who will actually will play the game after release.
    Maybe there's more stress test coming in the future with higher number of people? They didn't expect to get this kind of huge response from the people when they initially planned for a stress test.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...the ratio of people on the specific infrastructure they had was probably comparable to a real situation. It's just math. Smaller numbers are easier to have a controlled environment to implement productive fixes.
    BAD WOLF

And if they had a very limited number of people in Closed beta, the thousands of people they invited to this stress test would be more than enough to break a server or two. We have to keep in mind that not only are the stress tests meant to help for launch, but they are likely working to ensure inviting more people to beta doesn't accidentally become a stress test.
    "And if it ends with both of us dying in an explosion taking out a Reaper - remember, I took the killshot." ~ Garrus Vakarian

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Diablo 3 had like 1-3 million more players then expected at launch tho? : p
    DRM ho?! /10char

Is it bad to already be wanting all the news that will come with E3, time could move quicker and I wouldn't mind!

Deleted
    http://www.dissectingdesign.com/game...rafting-guide/

A nice read and script for those wanting to read into circuit boards and crafting.

10+ Year Old Account
    The artstyle for this is interesting to me, like a Cross between ratchet and clank and the Show Stormhawks and maybe a bit of that "hotwheels: battleforce 5" that was going on
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    JeuxOnLine got a scoop showing the first "contested" region, Auroria. Some new art and pics too.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    JeuxOnLine got a scoop showing the first "contested" region, Auroria. Some new art and pics too.
    Love the arts and theme in Auroria Feels like a techo-barbarian area.

Deleted
    Is this what you call "fan service"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Looks awesome

Something I love about this game Is the grass, most peoples don't care about that.
    But It bugs the hell out of me when there are one small patch of grass then there is just a huge flat green field of nothing.

This is how it should be! looks really nice. :3

Last edited by Enjeh; 2013-05-26 at 04:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the grass animation looks beautiful, overall it feels like that i'm in a Disney/Pixar animation movie lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    Is this what you call "fan service"?
    Haha. Evil old raggedy techno witch doctor. GOTTA MAKE SURE SHE GOT DEM LUSCIOUS BOOBIES!