10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking Aurin stalker or spellslinger.

I don't like melee at all, but I love tanking, and I'm trying to stick out of the classes that my friends are going to play, and I have a guy who's thinking Spellslinger. So I was considering maining a tank for the first time in any MMO I've played, instead of a ranged DPS.

(That said, if W* would get a fucking ranged pet class, or even a melee pet class, I'd be all over it. Pet classes iz best.)
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

It's Dominion all the way for me, no idea what it is but I just love the bad guy if he's speaking the Queen's English whilst being a disinterested and bored fop. The race distribution seems quite cleverly done considering how varied the races are aesthetically. Robots vs Undead, Rocks vs Rats and Furries of 2 different flavours. I think it's gonna be hard to keep some of my guildies away from the Exiles because of the space zombies but I've got my heart set on being a robot.

Need to see some armour though before deciding on what class I want to play, it's a toss up between Warrior and Stalker and whilst I'm leaning more towards Stalker for a change of pace (I always play plate melee) and totally sweet purple spell effects I need to know it's gonna look robust at the higher levels.....running round in some kind of cat suit just doesn't really appeal.

Dominion are not the "evil faction". They are granted by beings known as "god" (the elden) the right to lead the lower races into building a perfect empire. In fact I think all exiles except the aurin were once part of the dominion. The humans were obviously cassian's in lower standards society, Granok refused to join the dominion and attacked them first, aurin I think (If I remember) were asked to give resources to the empire which they refused and the mordesh only got cut off because of the contagion which is unknown and risky for the rest of the dominion and could corrupt the empire. Though dominions rhyme and reason is a bit extreme, they aren't doing anything wrong according to their standards.

Just because you don't agree with the views of the dominion led by their god doesn't make them evil. That's like saying everyone who doesn't follow Christianity is going to hell and are naturally evil unless they convert. Besides the exiles have done some rotten things (according to the devs) that we will see later.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't appreciate being called a furry, Dominion scum. Put up your dukes!

(jk! Sort of!)

Yeah, armor's never been a huge deal to me. Spell effects are much more important, and, of course, if I play a pet class, the kind of pet I've got. Speaking of armor though, I have a lot of friends who want to play Mordesh and I'm wondering how armor will look on them. Will they go Forsaken route and cut up the sleeves so you can see their serum parts? I think they'd do well so show it off, but I know a lot of people dislike the armor being all messed up (I heard ENDLESS complaints about it from my undead friends on WoW.)

... and what the hell are the Mechari going to wear? For some reason, robots with pieces of armor covering them seems really strange to me. Why wouldn't you just build a super beefed up robot?
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

Wondering when they will formally announce the 2 remaining classes. Itching to make my character , at least in my mind.
    Seattle PAX at the end of the month most likely

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Dominion are not the "evil faction". They are granted by beings known as "god" (the elden) the right to lead the lower races into building a perfect empire. In fact I think all exiles except the aurin were once part of the dominion. The humans were obviously cassian's in lower standards society, Granok refused to join the dominion and attacked them first, aurin I think (If I remember) were asked to give resources to the empire which they refused and the mordesh only got cut off because of the contagion which is unknown and risky for the rest of the dominion and could corrupt the empire. Though dominions rhyme and reason is a bit extreme, they aren't doing anything wrong according to their standards.

Just because you don't agree with the views of the dominion led by their god doesn't make them evil. That's like saying everyone who doesn't follow Christianity is going to hell and are naturally evil unless they convert. Besides the exiles have done some rotten things (according to the devs) that we will see later.
    No, they're evil because of how they treat "lesser races." I don't care about Manifest Destiny as long as it doesn't make you destroy species who were on a planet first. If they want to go and populate all the planets with nothing on them, be my guest. but I don't give a fuck what the "gods" say; if something exists somewhere, they have the right to be there.

Also, the Aurin happened like this: They were completely independant of everything, had no idea that Exiles or Dominion existed. The Exiles happened upon their planet and said "Hey, we need food. Can you give some to us?" and the Aurin were like "Oh okay, new strangers! Have some resources." Then the Exiles left swiftly because they knew the Dominion would be on their asses.

The Dominion was like "EXCUSE ME YOU HELPED OUR ENEMY, PREPARE TO GET FUCKED." And then proceeded to destroy their planet. For helping the people that were against the Dominion even though the Aurin didn't know who either of them were.

As for the Granok, the Dominion sent down peeps and the Granok broke them. I can see why they'd attack them for that. The humans in the Exiles were splintered like the night elves/high elves of WoW - ideological differences.

And what they did to the Mordesh is horrible. The Mordesh had an invite because of their technological prowess. Then something terrible happened, and instead of, oh, I dunno, helping them out because you guys are the Galaxy's greatest superpower, they instead opted to fucking quarantine them and leave a whole planet to die.

And to go to your real world examples, everyone's standards are different. The Dominion don't think they're doing anything wrong because they feel like they have a god-given right to what they're doing. I'm sure the people settling America thought the same thing. I think that's bullshit and they're heartless. It's opinions that push you towards a faction, and that's why the factions are so radically different.
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2013-08-01 at 06:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodee View Post
    Please tell me that is not going to be a thing...
    I've seen it around a good bit in this thread. I actually refer to it mostly as Wildstar, but I was typing fast and used shorthand. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    I don't appreciate being called a furry, Dominion scum. Put up your dukes!

(jk! Sort of!)

Yeah, armor's never been a huge deal to me. Spell effects are much more important, and, of course, if I play a pet class, the kind of pet I've got. Speaking of armor though, I have a lot of friends who want to play Mordesh and I'm wondering how armor will look on them. Will they go Forsaken route and cut up the sleeves so you can see their serum parts? I think they'd do well so show it off, but I know a lot of people dislike the armor being all messed up (I heard ENDLESS complaints about it from my undead friends on WoW.)

... and what the hell are the Mechari going to wear? For some reason, robots with pieces of armor covering them seems really strange to me. Why wouldn't you just build a super beefed up robot?
    I think someone in the thread earlier were saying they were disappointed with the Mordesh because armour did indeed cover the coloured liquid filled parts. I say coloured because I think it will match your eye colour from the screens I saw. Having just looked at the Mordesh screens to refresh my memory you can see that armour does indeed cover the "tubing" and matches the eye colour (if you look real hard you can see the bones too like in the art work!).

I wouldn't worry about the Furry comment, if I do make a sexy char then it's prolly gonna be a Draken rather than a Human.....I mean Human is just boring....why am I playing a fantasy game to be Joe Bloggs who works in accounts? Sometimes it's just fun to call a spade a spade.

No, they're evil because of how they treat "lesser races." I don't care about Manifest Destiny as long as it doesn't make you destroy species who were on a planet first. If they want to go and populate all the planets with nothing on them, be my guest. but I don't give a fuck what the "gods" say; if something exists somewhere, they have the right to be there.
    They are not evil because you don't agree with the way things are done. They did nothing to lesser races until the lesser races rebelled. It's best in their methods to take swift immediate action to secure the problem. And you act like the exiles can do nothing but good, If I could I would show you how that's not true.

Also, the Aurin happened like this: They were completely independant of everything, had no idea that Exiles or Dominion existed. The Exiles happened upon their planet and said "Hey, we need food. Can you give some to us?" and the Aurin were like "Oh okay, new strangers! Have some resources." Then the Exiles left swiftly because they knew the Dominion would be on their asses.
    Aiding the enemy means you are against the dominion, it's quite simple. Doesn't matter if you were independent before, you did something that will have consequences and helped the enemy. Bet you anything if the aurin helped the dominion the exiles would do the same. Preemptive strike.

And what they did to the Mordesh is horrible. The Mordesh had an invite because of their technological prowess. Then something terrible happened, and instead of, oh, I dunno, helping them out because you guys are the Galaxy's greatest superpower, they instead opted to fucking quarantine them and leave a whole planet to die.
    No, what the dominion did was logical. Even the leader of the mordesh agree's it was logical (but it doesn't mean they have to like what happened to them). An entire race you recruited for the empire suddenly turned feral and contagious. The most logical thing was to cut them off to prevent the entire empire from being influenced.

They are not evil, the devs even stated a million times they are not, and in the game exiles do horrible things as well. It's like saying the horde is evil in WoW, it does by first looks but you see that the alliance is just as crazy.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-08-01 at 06:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodee View Post
    Please tell me that is not going to be a thing...
    That has been a "thing" on this forum for many many many pages already

I think Carbine wants to eventually make the Exiles and Dominion more grey than white/black, but right now the Exiles definitely feel more good than the Dominion. Im going to be a Chua, a tech savvy space gerbil of prank explosions? Yes please!!

As for the Aurins, Mondo said it best:
    You mean Treegazers? Barely sentient. Extinction best solution

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I know. I love playing beast races, so I hear the furry thing a lot, while I am in fact quite the opposite. xD

I agree about not playing humans, as well. I'm playing a fantasy game, might as well be a fantasy race.

Also: /punt@Zemenar

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure you reaaaaaaalllly want to punt something thats known for carrying around volatile explosives? It feels like the best defense against larger races punting you around is to be known to blow off your feet for attempting it ........ thats how Id picture Chua logic at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemenar View Post
    Are you sure you reaaaaaaalllly want to punt something thats known for carrying around volatile explosives? It feels like the best defense against larger races punting you around is to be known to blow off your feet for attempting it ........ thats how Id picture Chua logic at least.
    Chuas blood can be used as an explosive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They are not evil because you don't agree with the way things are done. They did nothing to lesser races until the lesser races rebelled. It's best in their methods to take swift immediate action to secure the problem. And you act like the exiles can do nothing but good, If I could I would show you how that's not true.
    That's... just not true. I'm pulling all of my information from the Races pages on the official site. You'd do well to read the Aurin one again.

For thousands of years, the Aurin lived in isolation on the forest world of Arboria, but the chance arrival of the wandering human rebel fleet changed their lives forever. Appreciating their good-natured independence, the Aurin welcomed the humans into their forest homes, and friendship soon blossomed between the two races. Fearful of unleashing the wrath of the Dominion on the Aurin, the humans took on much needed supplies and then quickly moved on.

Despite careful precautions by the humans, the Dominion managed to trace the path of the fleet and eventually discovered the location of Arboria. As punishment for aiding the rebels, the Dominion declared unconditional sovereignty over the Aurin's forest kingdom and sent an army of devastating Planet Reapers to collect the empire's rightful due.
    And I'd hate to enact Godwin's law, but as an easy example, Hitler thought he was doing the best he could for HIS people.

Aiding the enemy means you are against the dominion, it's quite simple. Doesn't matter if you were independent before, you did something that will have consequences. Bet you anything if the aurin helped the dominion the exiles would do the same. Preemptive strike.
    Absurd. They were neutral, they had no idea the Dominion existed. It's just downright unright of them to pull the Aurin into their war when they weren't doing anything wrong in the first place.

No, what the dominion did was logical. Even the leader of the mordesh agree's it was logical (but it doesn't mean they have to like what happened to them). An entire race you recruited for the empire suddenly turned feral and contagious. The most logical thing was to cut them off to prevent the entire empire from being influenced.

They are not evil, the devs even stated a million times they are not, and in the game exiles do horrible things as well.
    It may have been logical to cut them off, but not to let the whole planet die. They had valuable information in their heads. The Dominion would have done well to try to save them so they could have helped advance the empire. Instead, they left them to die. They're the dudes with super advanced spaceships and, hey guess what, ROBOTS THAT CANNOT BE INFECTED because they aren't organic creatures. Why wouldn't they send down a force to imprison the feral dudes and then at least salvage their technological advances? Or even try to take that information, and then bring back the race from the brink?

It's because they're kiiiiinda douchebags, that's why.

And no one's truly evil. Everyone does something for a reason, and to the Dominion, their reasoning is right. To me, it's wrong. Their whole way of going about things is backwards. So maybe they aren't evil, but they're most certainly devilish.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chua had some sort of mechanism to drop a mine on your boot and then had a parachute hiding in their belt to be deployed at a safe distance.

10+ Year Old Account
    So according to the twitters, theres supposed to be a major announcement later today? Finally the last 2 classes officially revealed? Or hopefully the payment model.

That's... just not true. I'm pulling all of my information from the Races pages on the official site. You'd do well to read the Aurin one again.

Absurd. They were neutral, they had no idea the Dominion existed. It's just downright unright of them to pull the Aurin into their war when they weren't doing anything wrong in the first place.
    You'd do well to read that page again, they knew it was a wandering human rebel fleet, the exiles left because they knew the Dominion would find them. There is no way the Aurin did not know what the humans were running from and why. They could have said "sorry, we don't want to be in this war" if they were neutral.

But instead they aided and abetted fugitives and the Dominion put down some reaper justice.

To our not-in-beta friends though, I thought each race would have 4 different classes? But the rock bros only have 1 still and assuming they have the other 2 they are 1 behind everyone else. Why the rock hate?
    Last edited by waddlez; 2013-08-01 at 07:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by waddlez View Post
    You'd do well to read that page again, they knew it was a wandering human rebel fleet, the exiles left because they knew the Dominion would find them. There is no way the Aurin did not know what the humans were running from and why. They could have said "sorry, we don't want to be in this war" if they were neutral.

But instead they aided and abetted fugitives and the Dominion put down some reaper justice.
    I actually posted it up there for you to read. It pretty clearly states they DID NOT KNOW.

For thousands of years, the Aurin lived in isolation on the forest world of Arboria, but the chance arrival of the wandering human rebel fleet changed their lives forever. Appreciating their good-natured independence, the Aurin welcomed the humans into their forest homes, and friendship soon blossomed between the two races. Fearful of unleashing the wrath of the Dominion on the Aurin, the humans took on much needed supplies and then quickly moved on.

There, I bolded the important parts. Here's a synopsis.

1. Aurin were completely isolated for thousands of years. (I'm unsure about the timeline but I think the whole Dominion is only centuries old? I'd have to doublecheck that.)
    2. CHANCE ARRIVAL of humans on their planet. They're good natured and ask for resources.
    3. Aurin like their good nature. They give them resources.
    4. Humans are aware they will probably track the Dominion to the planet, so they leave.

At what point do the Aurin know anything about the war, at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason, robots with pieces of armor covering them seems really strange to me. Why wouldn't you just build a super beefed up robot?
    Weight and the subsequent lack of mobility , similar reasons to why military tanks aren't the size of a barn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Weight and the subsequent lack of mobility , similar reasons to why military tanks aren't the size of a barn.
    I guess that's a good point. Still, I'm imagining, say, an orc warrior in like any of their tier sets. But replace the orc's head with a robot head, make the body a bit slimmer... seems awkward.

But I'm sure they'll do whatever they're doing just fine. It's also possible they wouldn't wear armor at all, just their stats would increase and their weapon would change.

Actually they did know they existed, if the aurin helped the exiles once they would do it again. Eat or be eaten. Take action or wait and see. The empire is defined by action.

it may have been logical to cut them off, but not to let the whole planet die.
    That's what cut them off refers it to. The mordesh were still feral, doesn't matter if the mechari couldn't be infected they can still lose mechari to berserk people. Again the leader of the mordesh agree's with the dominions action, but it doesn't mean it wouldn't have consequences.

And no one's truly evil. Everyone does something for a reason, and to the Dominion, their reasoning is right. To me, it's wrong.
    Again just because you think it's wrong doesn't make them evil. Everyone does bad things, exiles do bad things (I like how you keep dancing around that fact) it doesn't make them evil. I don't like the dominions way of doing things either but that's not enough to classify them as evil or devilish. I classify them as normal to their standards and not everyone agree's to other peoples standards.

- - - Updated - - -

So according to the twitters, theres supposed to be a major announcement later today? Finally the last 2 classes officially revealed? Or hopefully the payment model.
    Highly unlikely. I think it's chua female explained or professions explained.