Quote Originally Posted by mag07 View Post
    In all honesty, payment model is secondary. We all have our preferences, but truth is, if you make a quality game, people will play it no matter what. And even though I promissed myself not to get hyped over a game, well, feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. This is sooo promising!!
    that just isnt true, for ALOT of people payment model is first. especially if they already play another subscription mmo. im super hyped for this game but unless i can find a way to budget an extra 15$ ontop of wow and other gaming expenses i might have to pass on this game.

15$ may not seem like alot for some people but for other people its a big deal

so for me it would probably be
    1 story
    2 payment method
    3 gameplay
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

In all honesty, payment model is secondary. We all have our preferences, but truth is, if you make a quality game, people will play it no matter what. And even though I promissed myself not to get hyped over a game, well, feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. This is sooo promising!!
    Some people won't try it and thus won't find out it's a quality game. Payment model is secondary, but it's far more important than many of you make it out to be. It's like saying that your lungs are secondary to your heart for living. The model should be designed to min/max the number of players and their ability to invest in the game.

either way, I am seeing some good features. Hopefully their beta gets started soon.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, while the revenue model is important, I'm willing to try out whatever they decide. So much good info in that massively article. The Halon Ring region sounds interesting.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

In the video they made it clear, items for the house will be dropping all over The way this is shaping, it will be a sub game. Granted that doesn't mean the cash shop is out of question
    Oh sure, I have a feeling it's going P2P as well. However a cash shop with house items would be a great cash cow for carbine with very little extra work. Don't want to grind for a gazelle's head on a plaque? Buy it for 5 bucks instead!

10+ Year Old Account
    The argument about payment model is getting a bit tedious by now guys, non stop Sub vs Freemium since page 40. Lets focus on the new info =p

10+ Year Old Account
    The disclaimer is so awesome.

Positively Pythonesque.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    We can't afford everything in life, most of the time you make choices, it is really irrelevant. The entertainment value of a sub mmo, is huge, even for casual players. A movie ticket costs more Also, there is no such thing as free to play, it's only free for one person if another pays for it lol. Not everyone needs to play game at launch, and as time goes by, there are trials available, that's when everyone gets a chance to try and decide whether it's worth it or not, whether they rather continue paying and playing their old game, or a new one. I'll play and pay in any form, if I like it, as long as it's not pay to win

We can't afford everything in life, most of the time you make choices, it is really irrelevant. The entertainment value of a sub mmo, is huge, even for casual players. A movie ticket costs more Also, there is no such thing as free to play, it's only free for one person if another pays for it lol. Not everyone needs to play game at launch, and as time goes by, there are trials available, that's when everyone gets a chance to try and decide whether it's worth it or not, whether they rather continue paying and playing their old game, or a new one. I'll play and pay in any form, if I like it, as long as it's not pay to win
    Keep stabbing that strawman.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, and as far as the fourth Exile race...

Please don't confuse a cash shop that has purely cosmetic accoutrements to addorn your house with, with buy to win playing models. Like i said, I believe this game will go P2P initially because everything they've shown so far is polished and innovative. But again, having a cash shop for cosmetic items is just too big of a money maker to squander. More money for them hopefully means more content for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the mods going to have to split the revenue model debate off into its own thread like the SimCity fiascos?
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2013-03-22 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post

looks like a rock lady to me
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

pretty neat with the housing

I especially like how they are incorporating it with the rest of the game so it's not just an isolated piece of the game

Looks to be a mix of Lotro/Rift/Skyrim housing

Deleted
    housing looks and sounds amazing.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delanath View Post
    Please don't confuse a cash shop that has purely cosmetic accoutrements to addorn your house with, with buy to win playing models. Like i said, I believe this game will go P2P initially because everything they've shown so far is polished and innovative. But again, having a cash shop for cosmetic items is just too big of a money maker to squander. More money for them hopefully means more content for us.
    I never did, scroll up. Specifically said one does not exclude the other I also said I don't care about the business model it pursues, just having a tough time seeing certain posters bash one or another for the sake of it. I agree with you entirely

I like the housing, my one concern is that it almost sounds like you can do everything from your house. I hope there are still reasons to go to cities or else they will all be ghost towns.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

I never did, scroll up. Specifically said one does not exclude the other I also said I don't care about the business model it pursues, just having a tough time seeing certain posters bash one or another for the sake of it. I agree with you entirely
    yeah but you're acting like its not important when its VERY important. otherwise name any mmo that has remained sub based besides wow and rift? if the game comes out sub based unless its very lucky it will go free to play within the first year or so

Fair enough, I misread then.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah but you're acting like its not important when its VERY important. otherwise name any mmo that has remained sub based besides wow and rift? if the game comes out sub based unless its very lucky it will go free to play within the first year or so
    There are 15 pages of both of your arguments, back and forth, there's really no reason to get into it again. Plus, he's not arguing for one or the other.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Yeah...try this. They even have housing sketches for this race. Pretty sure it's the last Exile race. They are definitely stitched together. Dregg.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Yeah...try this. They even have housing sketches for this race. Pretty sure it's the last Exile race. They are definitely stitched together. Dregg.
    hmmm so it does seem to be more frankensteins monster than zombie

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 07:27 PM ----------

if thats what they end up looking like i think i might play one, i plan on having either a robot or a human for the dominion and a human or a animal person for the exiles or maybe this thing.

most of the time while i enjoy the undead races in games they tend to be really thin and lanky, good to see a big tough monster for once