Thread: Dead PSU?

Dead PSU?

I just built my first computer and it wont turn on. At first I had forgotten to plug the power switch from the front of the computer into the motherboard, but after I fixed that issue it still wont turn on. I have plugged the fans directly into my PSU and they don't respond either... My PSU is a Corsair TX V2 750W PSU. Rest of the specs are here: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40/poipoipoi.png/ . One thing that I can't seem to fix is that I have an unplugged cable called LED + and - and I don't know where to plug them. Case is Fractal Design r3. Ty in advance

Do you have both power cables plugged into motherboard, not just the big 24-pin one but one (or two) 4-pin cables also near CPU socket?
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

At first I did not, and ofc it didn't turn on. Then I plugged it in and it made no difference. Shouldn't the fans get powered even if the motherboard doesn't receive the power?

Not if the Power Supply itself doesn't turn on. Just plugging something into a PSU will not cause it to turn on, you have to tell the PSU to turn on, which is normally what the motherboard does when you hit the power button. You can use the paperclip trick to see if the PSU is working though.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Yes, they should.

Take PSU off from everything except one fan or dvd drive or something, then put a bent paperclip into the wide 24-pin connector between green and any black wire like this. That should start the PSU. If there's still no sign of life and fan/dvd wont start, the PSU is dead.

Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

F*** yeah, it worked. PSU alive, I just suck at building. Thanks guys, guess I'll just have to figure out what I'm doing wrong! Relieved it worked