Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    And yet, it doesn't look out of place, imo .
    He is right about not really matching. Others said it before, but for some reason, I like it. It looks... elementalist

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by expectwar View Post

My New Enhance Shaman Xmog
    Gear list any one??

Well apparently until I make a few posts I can't submit a link to my transmog...

oh well.

However the image is my avatar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyducky View Post
    My draenei shaman... went for a more aldor "battle-shaman" defender-like theme. Plus I like purple!

gear list?

- - - Updated - - -

name of you char on wow? and realm?

- - - Updated - - -

[

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Which one? The Ordos one? because that's going to be the new PvP helmet scheme isnt it?
    Yeah I know... But blergh, that would require PvP >.<

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

First time posting in any transmog thread guys!~

I've had this set in-mind for awhile now, please rate!

http://imgur.com/46ETAtA

nvm fixt~
    Last edited by Lap; 2014-02-19 at 07:11 AM. Reason: fixed image problem

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lap View Post
    First time posting in any transmog thread guys!~

I've had this set in-mind for awhile now, please rate!

http://imgur.com/46ETAtA

nvm fixt~
    Hm, interesting honestly. It kinda works quite well I'd say, hmm 8/10.

Changed my 'mog up a little. Still waiting for a belt to drop >:0

I thought the Glad shoulders worked very well with the SoO tier.

Then again, they're my favourite shoulders...
    I'll wear that sh*t with everything.

Deleted
    With all the hate filled homophobia running rampant in Russia, and the small minded hatreds evident within certain communities in the western world who discriminate in sales and services against lifestyle choices they have no business having an opinion on;it has been open season for my dislike of the close minded, repugnant individuals who are too stupid to have any sense of reason and too hard hearted and self indulgent to feel empathy with their fellow man.

Then I come to this thread and realise that I am not much different.

Pandaren shaman are an abomination and should be removed from the game.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-02-24 at 03:29 AM.

Perhaps one of you fine sirs/madams would be able to assist me, I was looking for some Tauren art on Google the other day and came across this and instantly wanted it. Do any of you know where I can find this tier shoulder? I'm aware it's the t10 but the t10 in game have two shoulder pads not one.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nungamunch View Post
    With all the hate filled homophobia running rampant in Russia, and the small minded hatreds evident within certain communities in the western world who discriminate in sales and services against lifestyle choices they have no business having an opinion on;it has been open season for my dislike of the close minded, repugnant individuals who are too stupid to have any sense of reason and too hard hearted and self indulgent to feel empathy with their fellow man.

... How utterly, utterly pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nungamunch View Post
    Hahaha, that made me laugh . Your disposition towards pandaren has nothing to do with close mindedness though. Game races design (like every other aspect of the game) is subject to opinion, which varies.

Personally, I see the following races as a mistake, that is, of being implemented.
    -Gnomes: In WCII, dwarfes unified both aspects of blacksmithing and tinkering in one race. Even in WCIII, there were no signs of gnomes. It was a last minute decision of blizzard to "create" this race out of thin air, because they needed 4 races for each faction. Gnomes were a totally half-assed attempt in creating an interesting race though. No real lore, pathetic looks (imo they look like disfigured infants, and it is sadistic imo for blizz to make us hordlers kill them). They do not fit into all the other races which you can feel serious about, and which you came to know in previous WC games.
    -Draenei: Their lore and looks were created last minute also. Blizzard's attempt to create something new among humans, child sized humans, infant sized humans and purply skin pointy ears humans went way to far, creating something, as nyhm nicely put it, that "resembles a cross between a smurf a goat and davy jones". Their lore being refitted to them being the same race as kil'jaeden required them to have horns, hooves and tentacles (which we all know are attritubes to be considered of holy origin, right? *irony off*). Them being warriors of light, travelling in a space ship and being shamans without any proper background lore does the rest. It would make me angry that so many play female draenei for the "wiggle", but that's how humanity is, right? :-/
    -Pandaren: There was one single one in WC3, meant as a comic relief character not really part of the story. Pandaren started out as an april fool's joke and should've remained as one. To go as far as make an entire x-pack around them? Big mistake. Pandaria's entire lore was made up on short notice and doesn't feel as part of warcraft. The race doesn't feel immersed towards any faction either. Their basic motto is to be all about being peaceful and neutral, and suddenly they pick different factions, fighting each other? Seriously? Also (and here comes the subjective aspect), they are short, chubby, hairy and ugly. Wether pandaren shaman, warrior or whatever, they are a mistake. Cute races are out of place in a world of WARcraft. Wow's turning into a furry convention at this point. Gnomes were rarely played, and them and draenei were at least limited to alliance, so I could find comfort/satisfaction in slaying them on the battlefield, but having pandaren among horde?! Horrible.

-Worgen: I dont dislike the race itself, but it's affiliation with alliance is sooooo sloppily explained. There would've been so many ways of making them part of the horde already set up. Plus it would've been a good way of adding more human-likeness into horde, without feeling out of place since they're worgens already (and horde has a thing for wolfes ). Gilneans and forsaken both being cursed, gilneas being traitors of the 2nd war (they closed themselves off when horde came, instead of fighting together. why would varian ally with them, esp since they turned into filthy beasts now (what he likes to call horde also). Also, they are neighbours with the forsaken and share a VERY early leveling zone with each others. The forsaken also did away with arugal, the source of their curse.
    And aren't they contagious? It is confirmed that the curse can affect humans, but not forsaken, and "probably none of the other horde races either. The orcs meanwhile could see it as a shamanistic blessing to be able to turn into a wolfish humanoid and some would probably even chose to take the course by their own will (if it did, infact, work on orcs). Worgen shamans? Ooooo yeah.
    I'm not gonna lie: I would've loved for worgens to be horde, but it is not that I'm begrudging alliance a cool race, they deserve it. I simply think worgens are sloppily introduced as alliance, and blizz did their lore-twisting to make it work, yet again.
    Last edited by Omanley; 2014-02-22 at 12:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha, that made me laugh . Your disposition towards pandaren has nothing to do with close mindedness though. Game races design (like every other aspect of the game) is subject to opinion, which varies.

Personally, I see the following races as a mistake, that is, of being implemented.
    -Gnomes: In WCII, dwarfes unified both aspects of blacksmithing and tinkering in one race. Even in WCIII, there were no signs of gnomes. It was a last minute decision of blizzard to "create" this race out of thin air, because they needed 4 races for each faction. Gnomes were a totally half-assed attempt in creating an interesting race though. No real lore, pathetic looks (imo they look like disfigured infants, and it is sadistic imo for blizz to make us hordlers kill them). They do not fit into all the other races which you can feel serious about, and which you came to know in previous WC games.
    -Draenei: Their lore and looks were created last minute also. Blizzard's attempt to create something new among humans, child sized humans, infant sized humans and purply skin pointy ears humans went way to far, creating something, as nyhm nicely put it, that "resembles a cross between a smurf a goat and davy jones". Their lore being refitted to them being the same race as kil'jaeden required them to have horns, hooves and tentacles (which we all know are attritubes to be considered of holy origin, right? *irony off*). Them being warriors of light, travelling in a space ship and being shamans without any proper background lore does the rest. It would make me angry that so many play female draenei for the "wiggle", but that's how humanity is, right? :-/
    -Pandaren: There was one single one in WC3, meant as a comic relief character not really part of the story. Pandaren started out as an april fool's joke and should've remained as one. To go as far as make an entire x-pack around them? Big mistake. Pandaria's entire lore was made up on short notice and doesn't feel as part of warcraft. The race doesn't feel immersed towards any faction either. Their basic motto is to be all about being peaceful and neutral, and suddenly they pick different factions, fighting each other? Seriously? Also (and here comes the subjective aspect), they are short, chubby, hairy and ugly. Wether pandaren shaman, warrior or whatever, they are a mistake. Cute races are out of place in a world of WARcraft. Wow's turning into a furry convention at this point. Gnomes were rarely played, and them and draenei were at least limited to alliance, so I could find comfort/satisfaction in slaying them on the battlefield, but having pandaren among horde?! Horrible.

-Worgen: I dont dislike the race itself, but it's affiliation with alliance is sooooo sloppily explained. There would've been so many ways of making them part of the horde already set up. Plus it would've been a good way of adding more human-likeness into horde, without feeling out of place since they're worgens already (and horde has a thing for wolfes ). Gilneans and forsaken both being cursed, gilneas being traitors of the 2nd war (they closed themselves off when horde came, instead of fighting together. why would varian ally with them, esp since they turned into filthy beasts now (what he likes to call horde also). Also, they are neighbours with the forsaken and share a VERY early leveling zone with each others. The forsaken also did away with arugal, the source of their curse.
    And aren't they contagious? It is confirmed that the curse can affect humans, but not forsaken, and "probably none of the other horde races either. The orcs meanwhile could see it as a shamanistic blessing to be able to turn into a wolfish humanoid and some would probably even chose to take the course by their own will (if it did, infact, work on orcs). Worgen shamans? Ooooo yeah.
    I'm not gonna lie: I would've loved for worgens to be horde, but it is not that I'm begrudging alliance a cool race, they deserve it. I simply think worgens are sloppily introduced as alliance, and blizz did their lore-twisting to make it work, yet again.
    There were about as many gnomes as goblins in Warcraft 2. The Flying Machine, the Submarine and the Inventor Building was all gnome (minus the suicide dwarf squad). Oh and as for the rest of your post, I suggest that you read the novels, especially Wolfheart.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2014-02-22 at 01:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Darkmoon faire shaman replica set (orange version) with 2 ornate thorium handaxes.

I like it basic oldfashion sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    There were about as many gnomes as goblins in Warcraft 2. The Flying Machine, the Submarine and the Inventor Building was all gnome (minus the suicide dwarf squad). Oh and as for the rest of your post, I suggest that you read the novels, especially Wolfheart.
    Actually, while both the terms dwarfs and gnomes were tossed around, they were considered the same. When you look at the icon of flying machines, it is obviously a dwarf depicted there. In WCII, prior to the x-pack, gryphon riders weren't depicted in race (their manual picture showed a human), in the x-pack manual, the hero kurdran made his appearance, and was depicted as a gnome in the manual. In wow, he's a dwarf though. The demolition guys were also called gnomes (in the german manual, in the english they were called dwarves), but look like dwarves, clearly.

and official blizz statement:
    Why aren't there gnomes in the cinematics? For the original WoW, they weren't in it because they were a last minute addition to the game after the cinematic was mostly finished. Since then, because there has been no real need to feature them.
    They weren't in there originally, because they did not exist as a seperate race. Blizz seperated the tinkering and blowing itself up from thebeer trinking, gryphon riding, mining and blacksmithing aspect.

Just look at lore. Dwarves have the wildhammers, and dark irons in black rock and the dun morough/dun algaz/dun modr stuff. Have you ever heard of gadgetzan in wc II/III? It didn't exist. Gnome lore comes down to what happened in the last couple years (fall out incident with the troggs, that's it). Why is there not more lore? If they're related to the dwarfs, why dont they appear in lots of dwarven lore? Living so close to the dun morough area, yet there was never heard of any major part of gnomes (or a distinction of them from dwarves for that matter) anywhere in lore?

Blizz wasn't distinctive in terms of kobolds and goblins either, but kobolds were never an playable race nor did they try making it a cousin race to actual goblins or something, convincing us that the dynamite guys were kobolds (you no take candle on dynamite barr-BoOoOM!" and the ones building zeppelins were goblins, so it doesn't matter there.
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    I made some changes since last time. New bracer and shoulder. Looks better now.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, while both the terms dwarfs and gnomes were tossed around, they were considered the same. When you look at the icon of flying machines, it is obviously a dwarf depicted there. In WCII, prior to the x-pack, gryphon riders weren't depicted in race (their manual picture showed a human), in the x-pack manual, the hero kurdran made his appearance, and was depicted as a gnome in the manual. In wow, he's a dwarf though. The demolition guys were also called gnomes (in the german manual, in the english they were called dwarves), but look like dwarves, clearly.

and official blizz statement:

They weren't in there originally, because they did not exist as a seperate race. Blizz seperated the tinkering and blowing itself up from thebeer trinking, gryphon riding, mining and blacksmithing aspect.

Just look at lore. Dwarves have the wildhammers, and dark irons in black rock and the dun morough/dun algaz/dun modr stuff. Have you ever heard of gadgetzan in wc II/III? It didn't exist. Gnome lore comes down to what happened in the last couple years (fall out incident with the troggs, that's it). Why is there not more lore? If they're related to the dwarfs, why dont they appear in lots of dwarven lore? Living so close to the dun morough area, yet there was never heard of any major part of gnomes (or a distinction of them from dwarves for that matter) anywhere in lore?

Blizz wasn't distinctive in terms of kobolds and goblins either, but kobolds were never an playable race nor did they try making it a cousin race to actual goblins or something, convincing us that the dynamite guys were kobolds (you no take candle on dynamite barr-BoOoOM!" and the ones building zeppelins were goblins, so it doesn't matter there.
    That's simply not right. These are direct qoutes from the manual of Warcraf 2;

"Gnomish Flying Machine
    The Gnomes of Khaz Modan have long offset their lack of physical strength with ingenuity and daring. As members of the Alliance, they have continued to display their talents by inventing and piloting the unbelievable Flying Machine. Although having no armaments, these awkward contraptions can be used to survey vast areas of terrain, and detecting the otherwise hidden movements of underwater units (as all flying units can), making them invaluable for discovering the movements of the Horde." - Sounds like the current gnomes, and sure, the portrait shows a bearded fellow with a big nose, just lik

"Gryphon Rider
    From the ominous and foreboding peaks of Northeron come the Dwarven Gryphon Riders. Mounted upon their legendary beasts and wielding the mystic Stormhammers forged deep within the secret chambers of their Aviaries, these feral Dwarves fear no enemy and rely upon no friend. They have allied themselves only with the Elves of Quel'thalas, distrusting both their Dwarven cousins and the Humans alike. When the call to battle is sounded, however, they can be counted upon to fight alongside any who oppose the Horde." - Just like the Wildhammer Dwarves originally.

"Gnomish Submarine"
    The resourceful Gnomish Inventors have designed an amazing craft known as the Submarine. This watertight vessel can submerge beneath the waves and surreptitiously keep watch on enemy forces above the surface. The Gnomish Submarine is visible only to Towers, aerial forces, and other vessels that move beneath the waves. Using cunning and craft to carry out surprise attacks on more powerful enemies makes the Submarine an invaluable part of the Lordaeron armada.

"Demolition Squad
    From the deep, subterranean halls of Khaz Modan, the Dwarven Demolition Squads come to aid the Alliance in their crusade for the liberation of Khaz Modan. As masters in the handling and arming of explosives, these squads are renowned for their ability to demolish any obstacle - from a mightily wall to a bulwark of solid stone. Reckless and bold, these Dwarves are zealous in their loyalty to the Alliance and would not hesitate to detonate their explosive payload should the situation turn grim." - Dwarves, and unlike the Flying Machine, these guys have an odd, scottish accent - clearly dwarves and not Gnomes.

"Gnomish Inventor"
    The Inventors are highly adept at creating outlandishly clever contraptions for military use. Among the many bizarre inventions created by the Gnomes are the Flying Machines that hover high above both land and sea, as well as the implausible Submarine that can move under the seas. The Gnomes are also responsible for perfecting the technique of extracting various chemical compounds out of oil to make gunpowder and explosives. Although the Gnomes are a bit odd and eccentric, none can deny their value to the Alliance" - A clear difference between Gnome and Dwarf.

"Gryphon Aviary"
    An homage to the legendary beasts housed within, the colossal aspect of the gryphon aviary looms over all that it surveys. Hewn from solid rock by the dwarves of Northeron and Hinterlands, their aviary inspired dread in the hearts of whomsoever these Gryphon Riders call foe. Deep inside these massive structures are the gryphon aviaries and the dwarven workshop]s where saddle and harness are crafted.
    Most sacred to the dwarves is the enchanted forge that lies at the heart of each Aviary. It is here that the magical weapons known as Stormhammers are fashioned. A Stormhammer, when thrown, strikes with the fury of lightning and the force of thunder. This destructive weapon, combined with the indomitable spirit of the Gryphon Riders, justifies their position as masters of the skies" - Again, a clear sign of difference between the two races.

Oh and this Kurdran from the Wc2; BtDP manual; http://wowpedia.org/File:Kurdran2.jpg - clearly not a gnome.

These are the gryphon riders seen in the Warcraft 2 manual; http://wowpedia.org/File:Gryphonrider2.JPG & http://wowpedia.org/File:Gryphonrider.JPG - They look a bit odd, I'll agree, but they look more like dwarves because of the angry expression, the manual-mentioned Stormhammers and obviously the beard and hairstyle.

Also, a lot of the things you question regarding the gnomes, have been answered many years ago in both Vanilla, Wotlk and Cataclysm - three expansions that added and (somewhat) expanded the Gnome lore.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2014-02-23 at 01:23 PM.

It appears that our different points stem from a wrong english=>german translation in the manuals.

The dwarven demolition squad is labeled "Demolier Gnom" which means, you guessed it "Demolition gnome". No mention of dwarves.
    The flying machine and submarine are correctly labeled as gnome.
    The gryphon riders are actually labeled as dwarves in the vanilla manual, though kurdran in the x-pack manual is mentioned as a gnome.

This raises the question wether or not it was correctly translated into the other languages.
    So you're right, blizzard did differenciate them in wcII (in the english version).

I checked the wcIII unit descriptions to get more insight and noticed this:
    -Rifleman : dwarf
    -Flying Machine: dwarven pilot (gnome in wcII)
    -Mortar Team: dwarves
    -Siege Engine: built and driven by dwarves
    -Gryphon Riders: dwarf

Absolutely no mention of gnomes in WCIII, not even as the builders of mechanical stuff.
    Maybe blizz had plans for two seperate races in wcII, desided to scrap it (but it still made it into the original manual (though not the later published translated ones).

In WoW they probably remembered those plans and rebooted them, but because they had neglected the idea of gnomes through wcIII, and gnomes having no real visual appearance in WCII either, they had to start from scratch.

So I was misinformed and wrong on the matter that blizz did not differentiate them, the point still stands though that gnomes lacked imersion as a race prior to WoW. And for sure they weren't depicted as infants with inflated heads either. Still see them as a mistake in their implementation.
    Last edited by Omanley; 2014-02-23 at 02:15 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    It appears that our different points stem from a wrong english=>german translation in the manuals.

The dwarven demolition squad is labeled "Demolier Gnom" which means, you guessed it "Demolition gnome". No mention of dwarves.
    The flying machine and submarine are correctly labeled as gnome.
    The gryphon riders are actually labeled as dwarves in the vanilla manual, though kurdran in the x-pack manual is mentioned as a gnome.

This raises the question wether or not it was correctly translated into the other languages.
    So you're right, blizzard did differenciate them in wcII (in the english version).

I checked the wcIII unit descriptions to get more insight and noticed this:
    -Rifleman : dwarf
    -Flying Machine: dwarven pilot (gnome in wcII)
    -Mortar Team: dwarves
    -Siege Engine: built and driven by dwarves
    -Gryphon Riders: dwarf

Absolutely no mention of gnomes in WCIII, not even as the builders of mechanical stuff.
    Maybe blizz had plans for two seperate races in wcII, desided to scrap it (but it still made it into the original manual (though not the later published translated ones).

In WoW they probably remembered those plans and rebooted them, but because they had neglected the idea of gnomes through wcIII, and gnomes having no real visual appearance in WCII either, they had to start from scratch.

So I was misinformed and wrong on the matter that blizz did not differentiate them, the point still stands though that gnomes lacked imersion as a race prior to WoW. And for sure they weren't depicted as infants with inflated heads either. Still see them as a mistake in their implementation.
    Ah right then, ye good ol' language barrier eh heh. Zilly zilly germans! :P

Yes, it is however correct that the Gnomes were gone in Warcraft 3, many people actually did ask why, and they came up with the trogg-invasion story for WoW, though I'm fairly sure I remember reading it prior to Vanilla WoW, but that's hard to say since that's roughly 12 years ago hah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Folks, this is the "show off your shiny transmog" sticky thread, not the "argue about race lore thread". Please keep it on topic.