Poll: Have you removed your threat addons yet?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Are/Have you uninstalled your threat meter yet?

With the change to the threat modifier, have you removed your threat meter/threat management addons yet? (Omen, Threatplates or Skada or whatever you use)

10 bucks says tanks in LFD will still manage to lose aggro.

When you use skada the dps meter automatically shows threat upon entering combat. Why should i change that? Even with the aggro increase a threat meter is 1000% more useful than a dps meter in a fight.

Deleted
    I use skada for damage meter + threat meter, so I won't uninstall it. But as a tank in a rnd hero yesterday I noticed that the DDs were rarely above 50% threat. So I guess I can switch the view to something else, except for two-tank-fights.

As a DD I never needed a threat meter anyway, had tidy plates to warn me on the rare occasion that I was close to pulling.

On my warrior if I get a string of crits I can still out threat some LFD tanks. Apparatus+recklessness is a lot of additional crit for me.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    As a tank it's still quite useful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakushi View Post
    10 bucks says tanks in LFD will still manage to lose aggro.
    KUSHIIIIIIIIIII

But no, I have no intention to uninstall Omen, as it doesn't really bother me anyway and yesterday I still managed to generate more threat than the tank (with images up) so I'll still need it to see if Invisibility is needed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    As a tank it's still quite useful.
    How so?

If anything, I'd say it's more obsolete for tanks than anyone else (aside from healers).

I still find it easy to rip aggro off tanks if I try, hence the meter still. Besides, why bother, Omen is lightweight as it is, and I'm not gonna blindly trust random tanks to do their jobs.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    i'll still rape crap tank's aggro in LFD, so i won't uninstall it

didnt think of that... but tbh they were almost useless for a long time... i should get rid of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    How so?

If anything, I'd say it's more obsolete for tanks than anyone else (aside from healers).
    I can tell if I'm in aggro (target of target isn't accurate when a boss performs certain mechancis, is stunned or whatever) or if anybody else has taunted.
    I can tell if I'm creeping close to the aggro threshold after a tankswap or vice versa.
    During an AoE session, if I know some melee damage dealers have been hitting one certain mob for some time it's very likely he's creeped up above the AoE threat I've generated - a threat meter tells me instantly whether I need to perform a few single target abilities on that mob or not.
    If I die, I know who's up next on aggro and make sure they can prepare. Not that it's tank specific, but this was particularly effective on Chimaeron p2 last tier.
    I can tell if a mob is attacking something out of fixate or out of aggro.
    Last edited by mmoc0a04ed3db8; 2011-08-18 at 10:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had omen installed on my computer since TBC, but it obviously got shoved aside and rarely opened in WOTLK, same thing happened in cata. I have it just incase, but I very rarely open it. Hell, I even tank, I know I should have it open but I just don't bother, long as that little number above the portrait says 140% + then I don't need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't use a threat mod. But ElvUI does have a threat feature, honestly rarely even look at it. I have trust in our tanks.

Deleted
    not needed a threat meter for quite a while now as after the blizzard built in % can show above the mobs head it's been good enough for me + accurate as done by bliz instead of adon reading combat logs and working of it's own algorithm.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post
    I don't use a threat mod. But ElvUI does have a threat feature, honestly rarely even look at it. I have trust in our tanks.
    +1, I kinda like it aswell thou ^^

Omen is still an amazing addon and the threat plates too.
    While tanking, it is useful and easy to see when someone attacks a different target and it requires a shield slam or anything if the main kill target is good on threat.
    Stop standing in fire...

Deleted
    They're still going to be useful for Tank swaps etc, so no, I haven't uninstalled them and don't plan on doing so.

I don't have any installed, I use the stuff Blizzard has in game and I don't have a problem. I could never see why people have threat meter add-ons like omen, except for stuff like tank swapping and pally salvation.