Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    What platform do you play on? CQ on PC can be up to 64 players on larger maps than what you will see on the consoles that only go up to 32 and player on a smaller map.

The key to vehicles is just to get in to them and have at it. Trial by fire.
    I play on PC, prefer large servers of 64 people^^ what type of vehicles do you suggest? I usually just get a car and driver to the nearest checkpoints and wait for enemies come by :P

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyroox View Post
    I play on PC, prefer large servers of 64 people^^ what type of vehicles do you suggest? I usually just get a car and driver to the nearest checkpoints and wait for enemies come by :P
    You're going to get shot down a lot and/or crash a lot, but I'd suggest learning to fly the jets and helicopters.

I know that there are several "training" servers out there where the round starts with only one person in the server. I'd make a post on the BL forums asking for some links to some of those servers to test out how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyroox View Post
    Hi guys.

For some reason I find myself playing Team Deathmatch a lot, I think I've played conquest a time or two but, and based on the other comments, it seems I am the only one. Conquest is huge and I don't like it, mostly because I have no idea what to do I just die and run back, I see people here talking about freakin choppers and what not, feels like I'm missing out on something amazing, does anyone have any advise that can help me in conquest, by the by, I am a hardcore noob :P

Hmmmm I also was a huge noob when I started playing, and still am on many accounts. I was such a large noob that I didn't figure out you could change your spawn location until I was a level 4 (or rank 4? not sure on the proper wording of that). By the sounds of your post you may not know about that as well? Summed up though conquest is king of the hill, with multiple hills. The goal is to hold the most points. If your team holds a point you can spawn there. You can then choose to play on the defensive or on the offensive, either defending your hills or attacking to other hills. I would imagine most people play it (myself included) because it encompasses all parts of the game (ex. you can defend and attack in the same game, which really isn't the case for assault or team deathmatch). Conquest also relies much more on teamwork and playing your role well. You can go 0 and 6, but lead your team as a medic for example.

---------- Post added 2011-11-16 at 12:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    No everything seems fine. For example I will be shooting at someone around a corner and then I go to move more around the corner to get away...and it acts like I am stuck or hung on something...i can jump, look up and down, but cant move for about 1 or 2 secs. Maybe it is just lag on the servers I play on or something. O well I was hoping it was a known bug and they were going to fix it
    That's your network. It's registering on your side jumping and looking, but never going across to register to everyone else. A similar problem can happen in wow where you'll see yourself doing stuff, everyone else will kind of freeze for 2+ seconds, and then it will zoom through all of the time you were frozen to your current state.

Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    That's exactly what I do. But if they don't flare they fly out of range, if they do flare by the time I have a lock again they have either flown out of range, behind a hill or building and by the time the missile gets to them they have flares again. If you are a pilot and die due to missiles its either because you don't have flares or were taking a nap at the time.
    You need to be more mindful of the tactics they are using.

I have no trouble taking Helicopters out of the sky or out of action.

If they fly away then they are no longer harassing so it works to the same effect. It's not like the helicoper is not going to respawn and attack again if you kill it anyway.

Also if you have two people locking on at the same time, first flares for the first missile and the second missile hits. Remember it's a team game, not a solo game.

Alongside that, even as just 1 it's quite easy to take out a heli, especially if your heli helps with heat seakers.

You really shouldn't have trouble with them at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    Also if you have two people locking on at the same time, first flares for the first missile and the second missile hits. Remember it's a team game, not a solo game.
    Shooting flares "un-locks" the launchers for both people, giving the heli time to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Valz. View Post
    Shooting flares "un-locks" the launchers for both people, giving the heli time to hide.
    I am aware, but it becomes available to lock again in ~2 seconds, and you will lock in ~2 seconds give or take because of stealth. If the helicopter hides then you have successfully defended the objective. If you are attacking an objective and are not putting yourself in a position where you are able to stay in sight of the heli then you are not attacking properly.

If you are able to take out the heli - then run down and kill everyone within, with ease, so that people who are good at the game can do it always, then it would strike a great imbalance.

Right now the helicopters have a good balance. Although the AA guns rip them to shreds in seconds.
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Valz. View Post
    Flares need to have a longer cooldown, the abilitie to Flare lose lockon, get locked on as soon as its possible and flare again is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot seem to access Battlelog, it keeps on saying "redirect loop". ;L
    Quote Originally Posted by sivenom View Post
    That's like saying I can put my graphics card in my dog's skull and she'll see everything in HD tri-color sparkles. Are you really saying we can upload Rebecca Black intot heir system and scramble their defense turrets? Maybe smack on a Java RNG program and cause their weapons to self destruct. Tell you what aliens, come at me! I know C++!! /endrant

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Flares need to have a longer cooldown, the abilitie to Flare lose lockon, get locked on as soon as its possible and flare again is stupid.
    It isn't possible to do that, flare cooldown is easily long enough for people to fire many rockets at the target.

You guys have to remember it is a team game, if you're the only one trying to take down the heli, it is likely you need to tell your team to help if you're having trouble.

I would advise you to pilot a heli, with 2-3 people shooting at you, in a 64 player game.

Then I ask that you complain about the flare cooldown :P

---------- Post added 2011-11-17 at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ArchType View Post
    I cannot seem to access Battlelog, it keeps on saying "redirect loop". ;L
    Personal issue it seems, make certain you are using Firefox or Internet Explorer as your browser.

Ensure you are correctly connected to the internet and that firefox and internet explorer are capable of accessing and using the protocols they require (i.e. connect to a website other than battlelog - which I assume you have done here).

Turn off any addons for your browser. Addons occasionally (and often depending on the addon) cause conflicts with websites particularly websites that also run using addons. This also goes for programs you have installed that can interfere with battlelog dependencies.

Clear your cache, try logging in and out.

And use the link : http://battlelog.battlefield.com/

And login manually, incase you were using origin before.

Any of those should fix your issue - as Battlelog is most definitely not down (im on it now:P)
    Last edited by Sackman; 2011-11-17 at 01:27 PM.

Deleted
    I am aware, but it becomes available to lock again in ~2 seconds, and you will lock in ~2 seconds give or take because of stealth. If the helicopter hides then you have successfully defended the objective. If you are attacking an objective and are not putting yourself in a position where you are able to stay in sight of the heli then you are not attacking properly.

If you are able to take out the heli - then run down and kill everyone within, with ease, so that people who are good at the game can do it always, then it would strike a great imbalance.

Right now the helicopters have a good balance. Although the AA guns rip them to shreds in seconds.
    Unless engineer fires SOFLAM targeted javelin to your helicopter or jet... Then those flares dont help. Cause javeling tracks that laserpoint, not your heat sign.

It isn't possible to do that, flare cooldown is easily long enough for people to fire many rockets at the target.

You guys have to remember it is a team game, if you're the only one trying to take down the heli, it is likely you need to tell your team to help if you're having trouble.

I would advise you to pilot a heli, with 2-3 people shooting at you, in a 64 player game.

Then I ask that you complain about the flare cooldown :P
    Iv sat there in an AAA tank locked on launched he flares, I lock on again fire he flares. He was in one of those small little shit choppers.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishamaeli View Post
    Unless engineer fires SOFLAM targeted javelin to your helicopter or jet... Then those flares dont help. Cause javeling tracks that laserpoint, not your heat sign.
    One of the major reasons that I keep Maintenance/FE as a pilot and let the gunner flare. You really only need one set of flares anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishamaeli View Post
    Unfortunately nobody uses either because - soflams gigantic laser saying "here i am" + the fast nature of the game makes soflam a bit silly when you also consider - you only get 2 javelin rockets - 4 perked, it takes ages to lock on - especially if they have stealth, and that because of both of these possibly minor issues people rarely if ever use them.

Soflam takes ages to target too, so unless you have it up high where it has a really good vantage point (and also where everyone can see it and shoot it) its pretty bad, and the javelin - taking ages to lock on and often MISSING the target, makes it terribad.

However once those issues are resolved I expect to see a lot more of them.

---------- Post added 2011-11-17 at 01:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Iv sat there in an AAA tank locked on launched he flares, I lock on again fire he flares. He was in one of those small little shit choppers.
    That one has only 1 pair of flares. But I am an insanely good pilot with those, and I can survive a long time and really harass, however - most of the time I don't die to rockets, they are really flimsy, I suggest getting in a humvee/jeep LAV/BMP, or tank and shooting the MG on them.

The attack helicopters can have 2 flares - 1 for the gunner 1 for the pilot but often they throw them both together lol, unless they know what they are doing.

Eitherway, it is very well balanced if you consider that you have a team, and its up to your team to respond accordingly. If you are getting assaulted by a chopper then you want to focus anti chopper. Remember most of the time YOUR team has a chopper too and they can engage with each other - especially the Z-11 and Littlebird. In fact the first thing i do is go for the other teams littlebird/z11 most of the time.

You need to be more mindful of the tactics they are using.

I have no trouble taking Helicopters out of the sky or out of action.

If they fly away then they are no longer harassing so it works to the same effect. It's not like the helicoper is not going to respawn and attack again if you kill it anyway.

Alongside that, even as just 1 it's quite easy to take out a heli, especially if your heli helps with heat seakers.

You really shouldn't have trouble with them at all.
    I agree helis are far easier to shoot down because they move slower than jets so you have more skill as a pilot to avoid rockets. So I don't have an issue with them. I'm talking purely about jets. The lock on time for jets needs to be shorter or they need to have a faster reset time after a flare. As I have said before I am a novice pilot on a good day and since I got flares I have yet to die to a rocket. Before I got flares I would say 50% of my crashes were rocket related, 25% me crashing into something, 15% AA and 10% bullets from other jets. I have yet to learn how to fly a heli but I will be working on it soon.

As for the teamwork argument. I would like to point out you don't NEED a team to take out a tank, or to kill an enemy so why do I NEED a team member to take out a jet. Does having a team member help in all those scenarios? Yes, but you shouldn't NEED someone. You need a team to win the game not all the mini games involved in the big game.

Also some of the disadvantages while using a lock on rocket.
    -Can't use it to take out a tank or any non flying vehicle, which is dumb btw.
    -While aiming to the sky you are very vulnerable to enemy troops and I have been killed more than once by a heli while waiting for a lock on.
    -Can't use it as an anti infantry weapon which is the way it should be but still puts you at a disadvantage.

I don't have a problem with these disadvantages as long as I can shoot freaking jets down. Right now the only way that happens is if they don't have flares.

Edit: I forgot to mention I won my first dog fight the other day...he wasn't as good as the other pilots and I should have took him out quicker than I did but I'll take it for now.
    Last edited by theturn; 2011-11-17 at 06:43 PM.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    I agree helis are far easier to shoot down because they move slower than jets so you have more skill as a pilot to avoid rockets. So I don't have an issue with them. I'm talking purely about jets. The lock on time for jets needs to be shorter or they need to have a faster reset time after a flare. As I have said before I am a novice pilot on a good day and since I got flares I have yet to die to a rocket. Before I got flares I would say 50% of my crashes were rocket related, 25% me crashing into something, 15% AA and 10% bullets from other jets. I have yet to learn how to fly a heli but I will be working on it soon.

As for the teamwork argument. I would like to point out you don't NEED a team to take out a tank, or to kill an enemy so why do I NEED a team member to take out a jet. Does having a team member help in all those scenarios? Yes, but you shouldn't NEED someone. You need a team to win the game not all the mini games involved in the big game.

Also some of the disadvantages while using a lock on rocket.
    -Can't use it to take out a tank or any non flying vehicle, which is dumb btw.
    -While aiming to the sky you are very vulnerable to enemy troops and I have been killed more than once by a heli while waiting for a lock on.
    -Can't use it as an anti infantry weapon which is the way it should be but still puts you at a disadvantage.

I don't have a problem with these disadvantages as long as I can shoot freaking jets down. Right now the only way that happens is if they don't have flares.

Edit: I forgot to mention I won my first dog fight the other day...he wasn't as good as the other pilots and I should have took him out quicker than I did but I'll take it for now.
    Ahh jets, get in an attack helicopter and hover really high and u can take down jets that try to attack u lol, or get in AA or a jet yourself

Jets don't really interact much with the ground so theres not much about them to be worried about.

Regarding the team things you would likely need more than one of yourself if you attacked me in a tank, takes me one shell to kill you with large radius on the explosion, takes you 3+ rpg to destroy me, and I will get to a range that I can dodge them, I have maintenance + can run as an engineer and have coaxial weapons so that you can't come inbetween reloading to fire an rpg.

You would be hard pressed to take me on save for me not acknowledging m15s on the ground.

Regarding the infantry - depends on the situation, if it's someone in a better position your team can suppress the target for you to attack. Lots of scenarios where you can't just do it by yourself :P
    Last edited by Sackman; 2011-11-17 at 07:32 PM.

Ahh jets, get in an attack helicopter and hover really high and u can take down jets that try to attack u lol, or get in AA or a jet yourself

Jets don't really interact much with the ground so theres not much about them to be worried about.

Regarding the team things you would likely need more than one of yourself if you attacked me in a tank, takes me one shell to kill you with large radius on the explosion, takes you 3+ rpg to destroy me, and I will get to a range that I can dodge them, I have maintenance + can run as an engineer and have coaxial weapons so that you can't come inbetween reloading to fire an rpg.

You would be hard pressed to take me on save for me not acknowledging m15s on the ground.

Regarding the infantry - depends on the situation, if it's someone in a better position your team can suppress the target for you to attack. Lots of scenarios where you can't just do it by yourself :P
    I realize that but whatever scenario you present can be done by yourself its either really easy or really hard but can be done by yourself. Jet lock on isn't difficult its getting one that doesn't have flares or one with a brain dead pilot. Teamwork in this game makes everything easier but all the little things aren't impossible without a good team member at your side. And like every online game good team work makes the game more fun.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Deleted
    Hi there!

I have a problem with BF3 and I would really appreciate if someone helps me. Didn't want to make a new thread if this one is already open.

I want to play BF3 but my PC is quite old, I have tried a version of the sp mode and it goes not that bad (25-30fps with graphics at low and 1920x1080). I played the first mission (the swordbreaker w/e) and in the big scenarios with a lot of stuff going around and falling it's at 20-25fps.

I wanna buy the game to play the multiplayer with my friends but I'm concerned with the performance of the game.

I don't care (not at all but it's not important for me) about the graphics, I only wanna know if you have been in the same situation I'm right now or you just have information to help me and I would like to know if this is enough to play fine on the mp mode.

Thanks! also sorry for mah bad englizh

Quote Originally Posted by Holymorph View Post
    Hi there!

I have a problem with BF3 and I would really appreciate if someone helps me. Didn't want to make a new thread if this one is already open.

I want to play BF3 but my PC is quite old, I have tried a version of the sp mode and it goes not that bad (25-30fps with graphics at low and 1920x1080). I played the first mission (the swordbreaker w/e) and in the big scenarios with a lot of stuff going around and falling it's at 20-25fps.

I wanna buy the game to play the multiplayer with my friends but I'm concerned with the performance of the game.

I don't care (not at all but it's not important for me) about the graphics, I only wanna know if you have been in the same situation I'm right now or you just have information to help me and I would like to know if this is enough to play fine on the mp mode.

Thanks! also sorry for mah bad englizh
    MP mode is similar in performance to SP but there are certain things on MP that have the same graphics regardless of the graphics setting you put it on (for balance).

I would say you get practically the same FPS however, except perhaps on 64 player maps depending on your processor.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think a lot of people are failing to realize, the chopper and gunner each can fire flares... the chopper teams who play together do that and are highly effective for a reason

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    i think a lot of people are failing to realize, the chopper and gunner each can fire flares... the chopper teams who play together do that and are highly effective for a reason
    Any time I hop in a chopper I always ask if the other person has flares. If he does, I always say "pilot first, gunner 2nd."

The main problem is that there is no way to know if the other flared or not via a display. So, as a gunner, you need to look all the way to the edge to try and watch for the pilot flare.

Attack helicopters also really need the double flare when you consider that they are much more susceptible to MAA, Stingers, and jets as well.