Deleted
    Epic lag on server

But holy shit this is gonna be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by undead9 View Post
    Yeah the AU servers are mostly only 48 players instead of 64 and even then they are extremely laggy x.x
    There are about 40 GameArena servers that range from 64 to 32 player Caspian maps, they're all pretty clean haven't had a single problem with them

It's only picking up 10 servers for me, will have another look =\
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

10+ Year Old Account
    It's only picking up 10 servers for me, will have another look =\
    Scroll down and make sure you only have Oceania and Caspian Border ticked in your filter

Yeah, for some reason even with just Oceania ticked it will pick up Canadian and US servers, not sure if it's something wrong with my browser or not
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, for some reason even with just Oceania ticked it will pick up Canadian and US servers, not sure if it's something wrong with my browser or not
    Nah it's been buggy lately, was picking up German and UK servers earlier

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played the past couple of nights due to raid, but I have heard about an update that was pushed that somewhat fixed the net code issues that a lot of people where unhappy about.

Can anyone here confirm if the beta still suffers from the hit detection issues?

---------- Post added 2011-10-07 at 09:33 AM ----------

A couple of developer videos are up from IGN. I'm not sure if they have been seen already, but they where uploaded this morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the hit detection is still broke

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    I haven't played the past couple of nights due to raid, but I have heard about an update that was pushed that somewhat fixed the net code issues that a lot of people where unhappy about.

Can anyone here confirm if the beta still suffers from the hit detection issues?

---------- Post added 2011-10-07 at 09:33 AM ----------

A couple of developer videos are up from IGN. I'm not sure if they have been seen already, but they where uploaded this morning.

Firestorm map looks nice.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

To everyone that has been telling me that Caspian Border would make me want to play this game after the fucking horrendous Metro stage. You lied.

Caspian border is just as much of a laggy shitfest as Metro.

such a Terrible, Terrible Beta, and with 3 weeks from release, I seriously doubt DICE would even be able to Iron out 1/10 of these piece of shit client and server game bugs.

Day 1 Buy?, yeah i don't see it happening, maybe in 3 months after multiple patches will i even bother about considering purchasing this game.

all that hype, only too deliver a shithouse BETA, and before anyone tells me it is ONLY a BETA. So far it looks like this Beta has enough shit wrong with it for DICE to put another 6 months of work into it before it would even seem good..
    Last edited by Khathrok; 2011-10-07 at 03:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khathrok View Post
    To everyone that has been telling me that Caspian Border would make me want to play this game after the fucking horrendous Metro stage. You lied.

such a Terrible, Terrible Beta, and with 3 weeks from release, I seriously doubt DICE would even be able to Iron out 1/10 of these piss of shit client and server game bugs.

Day 1 Buy?, yeah i don't see it happening, maybe in 3 months after multiple patches will i even bother about considering purchasing this game.

all that hype, only too deliver a shithouse BETA, and before anyone tells me it is ONLY a BETA. So far it looks like this Beta has enough shit wrong with it for DICE to put another 6 months of work into it before it would even seem good..
    Don´t play on servers with 200 ping? I don´t lag at all, and Ive played the beta since 27th, maybe the servers we have here in EU are just better then the US servers, but if your having major lags, then there is something wrong on YOUR end and you can´t blame dice for that.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

What's pissing me off is that it doesn't save your progress
    WTB some new guns.

such a Terrible, Terrible Beta, and with 3 weeks from release, I seriously doubt DICE would even be able to Iron out 1/10 of these piss of shit client and server game bugs.

1. It IS a BETA no matter what you say that will never change
    2. It's a month old build use for stress testing.
    3. They fixed a lot of the problems so beta wouldn't be as much of a headache so if they fixed that much the final will be much better.
    4. They have said time and again it is nothing like what it looks like now...it's a 1 Gb download for gods sake.
    5. The graphics are turned down for the beta.
    6. There are no vehicles in metro so you are essentially playing a game about vehicles with no vehicles.
    7. Damage has been toned down considerably for the beta.
    8. You are the ONLY person I have seen bitch about caspian border...maybe your computer and connection is shit and you need to quit being so cheap.
    9. Go ahead and don't buy it one less bad getting on my team breathing heavily into his mic.

Yes I am bitter cause there are a ton of posts like this on the BF3 forums because people are incapable of reading dev posts/blogs/tweets before spouting their illinformed opinions.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account

The beta is definitely based upon an older build so don't worry about the three week time constraint. The majority of the bugs can be easily fixed. To me, the only one that is of any real concern is the net code and the hit detection. They fix that, and the game will be spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    8. You are the ONLY person I have seen bitch about caspian border...maybe your computer and connection is shit and you need to quit being so cheap.
    That is very true. I don't think that I have ever seen anyone actually hate CB. The census is pretty much that CB should have been the primary beta map because it is a true return to BF.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Don´t play on servers with 200 ping? I don´t lag at all, and Ive played the beta since 27th, maybe the servers we have here in EU are just better then the US servers, but if your having major lags, then there is something wrong on YOUR end and you can´t blame dice for that.
    I'm playing with a 22mb/s Connection, connecting to a server based in my City, that i am pinging 17 ms to. My computer can play just about any game on Ultra Graphics and settings. there really is nothing "wrong" on my end, as every other online game i play runs perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Yes I am bitter cause there are a ton of posts like this on the BF3 forums because people are incapable of reading dev posts/blogs/tweets before spouting their illinformed opinions.
    Oh i have read every Tweet and blog in hopes that something they would say would make me think, "oh maybe it isn't going to be a complete shitfest for months before they patch it" but to no avail.

Also automatically assuming someone saying something is Shit due to it being shit is bad, makes me assume you are either a fanboy or a bad yourself.
    Last edited by Khathrok; 2011-10-07 at 03:12 PM.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm playing with a 22mb/s Connection, connecting to a server based in my City, that i am pinging 17 ms to. My computer can play just about any game on Ultra Graphics and settings. there really is nothing "wrong" on my end, as every other online game i play runs perfectly fine.
    Then that is part of your problem and is actually quite well documented. The way that things currently work, players with a higher ping will actually have an advantage over those with a lower ping. It definitely needs to be fixed, but in the mean time try playing on a server with a higher ping (ie 70-100) for a few rounds and see how different it feels.

People have actually been playing around with starting torrents, then playing BF3 to gain an advantage.

Also automatically assuming someone saying something is Shit due to it being shit is bad, makes me assume you are either a fanboy or a bad yourself.
    I don't think that it was so much him being a fanboy as being frustrated with the people who come in here with no idea what they are talking about, but post with such rage and hatred. You do have to admit that your post was overly aggressive. Maybe you are frustrated, which I totally understand. Just take a step back, cut out the swearing and post with a clear head.
    Last edited by Dakia; 2011-10-07 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzunki View Post
    anyone playing it on a 570 + it 2500k can report back to me on how it runs

thanks
    Sorry i know its late but I am playing with a Q6600 at 2.7Ghz with a radeon 6950 at ultra 1680x1050 (22inch 16:10 monitor samsung 120hz doesnt go higher) And I am running at 60 fps its amazing.

Oh i have read every Tweet and blog in hopes that something they would say would make me think, "oh maybe it isn't going to be a complete shitfest for months before they patch it" but to no avail.

I have a hard time believing you have read anything the devs have posted about BF3. Everything I posted has been posted by the devs at one point or another so I like how you completely ignored it...so you probably ignored the devs too. Just don't play...noone will miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    Sorry i know its late but I am playing with a Q6600 at 2.7Ghz with a radeon 6950 at ultra 1680x1050 (22inch 16:10 monitor samsung 120hz doesnt go higher) And I am running at 60 fps its amazing.
    I have a similar set-up to Tzunki.

Intel i5 2500k
    GTX 560TI
    8GB RAM

The game automatically set everything to high in Metro. Checking with Fraps (set at 60fps) I never dipped beneath those 60. I played a bit of Caspian and the lowest I got (with everything still at high) was 50+
    I'm still thinking about it...