Quote Originally Posted by zhrooms View Post
    snip
    That sniper shot was epic lol

---------- Post added 2011-10-10 at 09:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    I was curious about that too. I mean with the board, you can pick any server you want. but the Match Making (The name suggest something AI involved in the match part)

Seriously cannot wait for the 25th
    None have been announced to my recollection.

BFBC2 always had server names reflecting the population within.

I am not certain but, I am under the belief that servers can put restrictions on the level of people who join servers to make them "NOOB ONLY" as they describe.

And with the new battle log system it would seem making a new name and starting at level 1 is much more difficult than previous ranked titles.

This isn't something I am terribly familiar with as I am objectionally very good and a veteran FPS player (pre 2k mp FPS) so have never looked into it, however I think such a system would be beneficial to both those good and bad.

Theres nothing worse than trying to find a competitive server when you are at either end of the spectrum of skill, I do occasionally find myself hopping to a new server, or just chilling out and messing around (handicapping myself with pistol/knife only or something).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://kotaku.com/5848155/battlefiel...ag=battlefield

A interesting interview with Battlefield 3's executive producer, Patrick Bach.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" The lead time when you do a beta is actually pretty long. You need to go through certification on consoles, and do a lot of things before you get it out. And since you want to get it out on all three platforms at the same time to avoid further whining… (chuckles)… it takes as long as the longest platform certification time."

How long is that?

"Around a month and a half. Which means that when we're done with that beta, we say "Okay, this is it. Now let's go back and finish the game." When we got to the point [six weeks later] that we actually released the beta, the game was in completely different shape. We couldn't really tell people because then we'd have to go through the process again."

It sounds like certification hobbles the beta process somewhat.

Yes.

What's a way to make that better in the future?

One way of fixing the problem is… don't make betas. At least not open betas. Because often when you see betas, sometimes they are actually demos. But they call it a beta, to sound cool. This was a real beta, and I don't think people are used to it. They get the product, and they think, "you have to entertain me," because it's an entertainment product.

And it's like, "Well, it's a broken entertainment product, because we want your feedback." And they say, "Well, I understand that, but it's not polished enough!" And we say, "Well, that's exactly what we're talking about!"

So the challenge is: listen, but don't overreact. Understand that people are disappointed, but that you have to do it.

Or, don't do it. Don't make a beta. At least not an open one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its interesting to see that the reason we where playing a month and a half old built in the beta is because of consoles.
    Read the article its pretty interesting.

Found this comment on that article, its spot on to my own thoughts on the server browser system.

"Let's see...

Open the game, wait for menu to load, move to server browser, wait for log in, browse a server, wait for game to load, start playing.

vs.

Open a tab in the web browser that you will already have open 99% of the time. Find server, game loads in background, start playing.

Yeah, terrible design. What were they thinking, making it so convenient like that."
    Last edited by Torched; 2011-10-11 at 01:20 AM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

gah, now i have to buy the stupid thing huh? :P

An article from joystiq.com about the beta-release timing/effect:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/10/th...battlefield-3/

Good news is that the closer-to-final version the writer of the article has played seems a lot better. :-)

Battlemaster Krystala || Flashbomba || Blitzerman
    Credit to Geekissexy for the awesome signature!

10+ Year Old Account
    'Cause I'm lazy and can't be bothered to look around right now, has there been any game play, news or anything about the SP campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Flashbomba View Post
    An article from joystiq.com about the beta-release timing/effect:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/10/th...battlefield-3/

Good news is that the closer-to-final version the writer of the article has played seems a lot better. :-)

"It leads to more interesting, frantic firefights, including one moment where I killed one enemy with my M4, shot another that came around the corner from the hip, and had to switch to my sidearm to handle yet another opponent a moment later."

This happened all the time in the beta. Triple sprays were pretty hard to pull off if your enemies were kinda seperated. It wasn't even close to CoD.
    I barely use sidearms in CoD and in this beta I had to pull it out a lot of times. (Also because CoD has really fast reloads, especially with perks).

Maybe it was just because of lag in the beta or I just suck balls but I felt like I had to put like half a magazine into an enemy for them to die. (fyi: I play on the xbox so it's a little different obviously). Only when you can pull off headshots, which is much harder on consoles than on the PC, enemies dropped fast.

I loved the beta. It was very very clear that it was a beta (it said so on your screen the whole time) so I don't understand people can't see past the bugs, glitches and unbalanced gameplay and decide because of a beta that they don't want to buy the game. If you base your purchases on only a beta version you are pretty stupid. I check forums, interviews and youtube for more information.
    I am 100% sure now that I am going to buy it and if I enjoy the multiplayer as much as in the beta or even better since I didn't even have a chance to use vehicles or bigger maps I am probably not even going to buy MW3 for some time, untill I am bored of BF3. (Good thing they release it a week earlier ).

For me personally the beta was a great success. I am even more stoked about this game and I can't wait for it to release. Trailers look good and stuff but having experienced a (unfinished) beta really gives you a feel of how the game is. Even if people, like this reporter, say the finished game is completely different. I don't care, it's an awesome game and if more experienced players say the damage is too high then it's probably too high and the game will be much better when it's lowered. I don't want it to play like CoD, I've played enough CoD already.
    I'm sure the finished game will be really awesome.

p.s. This is the first time I play a BF title.

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 09:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbz View Post
    Seems a good enough place to throw up a few questions I have about the game/FPSs in general - some will probably seem obvious, others may be opinion based. The last FPS I played was War Rock, which had to be almost 5 years ago now, but with now having a solid computer/connection, I've got the urge to try them again.

One of the main problems with WR was the amount of hacking, alongside others with insane lagg, is this sort of thing still possible or common on newer games?
    When you play on the PC you can ALWAYS expect hackers in FPS games, ALWAYS. There is just no stopping them. There are some ways to combat them but they don't guarantee 100% free of hacker games.

The whole year I played Black Ops on the xbox360 I haven't seen even one hacker (25 days played). I am not known with all the technical stuff but I heard it is harder to hack on the xbox360 than it is to hack on the PC.

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 09:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    i dont think you will see that, because theres several Anti-Air weapons available.

like the engineer gets the Stinger Bazooka which is anti-air pretty early.
    Surface to Air launcher is the first thing you unlock iirc.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2011-10-11 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    'Cause I'm lazy and can't be bothered to look around right now, has there been any game play, news or anything about the SP campaign?
    Yes, take a quick look on Kotaku or IGN or Gamespot or something, you will find lots.

Also not sure if everyone is aware - like Metro, Grand Bazaar is a vehicleless map to my knowledge.. source: Kirk Hamilton of Kotaku

One of the first maps and modes I played was Rush mode on Grand Bazaar, which has been covered in the past (you can see a developer walkthrough of it here). It's a narrow, non-vehicle map set in a middle-eastern city bazaar—all corridors and alcoves.
    This was the PC version he was playing.

If you would like to see the "developer walkthrough" here is the link (to youtube): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geTOvrUVPTE

Edit: Thought I would add more pieces to explain what the map was like past it being vehicleless - as it seems obvious to me a stab at another franchise, it's important to ascertain what if anything is different. (Personally I like vehicleless maps now and again, to break up the pace).

This kind of map is a lot closer to Modern Warfare than other larger, vehicle-based Battlefield maps, but all the same there were a few things that set it apart. In particular, I was impressed with how significantly lighting and smoke affect gameplay.
    the volume of the smoke combined with light-flares and particle accumulation on the "camera" makes visibility a constantly fluxuating, functionally important factor.
    Gunplay feels punchier than Bad Company 2 (though not as directly impactful as Modern Warfare) and despite all the rock walls and explosions in Grand Bazaar, the emphasis on environmental destructibility felt significantly downgraded, from a level-design standpoint.
    For the most part, combat played out the same over the same chokepoints, with none of the ever-shifting, ever-shrinking cover of Bad Company 2. That's neither a plus nor a minus, but it did leave the match feeling much more like Modern Warfare.
    They also mentioned:
    I asked Battlefield 3's executive producer Patrick Bach about the technical difficulties we were having, and he was very straight with me. He acknowledged that there was something "very flakey" going on with the PC game at this event, and that if that kind of thing was the norm, that they would not have shown the game at all. "It's super embarrassing," he said. "We have not seen this before. So we need to figure out what it is. We had a QA connecting problem in Romania for instance, we don't know if that has anything to do with it, or if it's driver versions, or the connection in the building."

"We had a similar event in the UK and we had zero issues with stability," he told me. "We have no idea what happens to be the issue. It could be the drivers, I think we're using a newer driver version but that's only for one of the computer types."
    In a seperate article but on the same day: (read here: http://kotaku.com/5847778/for-all-it...ag=battlefield)
    At EA's all-day Battlefield 3 event yesterday, I had a chance to play through a handful of single-player missions on PC in addition to the multiplayer modes that I detailed earlier today.
    ...Its campaign feels trapped between refreshingly bracing realism and a case of Modern Warfare "me-too"ism. Moreover it simply suffers from an overarching lack of personality.
    In a trick becoming increasingly common in video game stories, Battlefield 3's tale is a frame narrative—due to events that are not clear from the outset, a US soldier named Black is being interrogated by Homeland Security regarding some sort of terrorist attack. He recounts the events leading up to the present day, and each mission functions as a flashback. I saw three missions, the first two of which, "Operation Swordbreaker" and "Uprising" starred him, and the final of which, "Going Hunting," switched perspectives to a female aircraft weapons-operator.
    Does that setup sound familiar? It did to me, since it's basically a much drier version of the decade-hopping, globe-trotting story of Call of Duty: Black Ops.
    ...instead of mysterious numbers, electric shocks, conspiracy theories and distorted interrogators, we've got a couple of guys in an interrogation room having a stern talk...

...I was surprised to find that I actually prefer the goofy Black Ops to the much more low-key Battlefield 3.
    my team is immaculately organized and scripted, but I never know quite where to go. I regularly found myself ahead of where I was "supposed" to be, and kinda felt like the guy who had showed up to filming without studying his blocking or his lines.

...I mention that because without a perfectly cinematic, well-controlled camera operator, Operation Swordbreaker feels much less dramatic than it did in that famous gameplay trailer.

Events like the earthquake are cued cinematics that take control away from the player—being blown back from a rocket-blast, being knocked from the back of a car, etc.

Compared to the snappy intercutting of Uncharted 2, Crysis 2 and Dead Space 2, Battlefield 3's quick-cut cinematics felt clunky and slow.
    ...there was a distinct sense of "Been There, Done That" to the whole thing.
    The final mission I played, "Going Hunting," seemed more promising, largely because it was an aerial mission.
    The build-up to the actual flying was cool and well-paced—climbing from the bowels of an aircraft carrier up to the deck as my Pilot chatters about our objective, coming out onto the deck and climbing into the cockpit. Going through weapons tests (a clever, immersive way of tutorializing the airplane controls).
    Once we got underway, everything looked great—the sun gleaming in over the top of my wingman's plane, the clouds and the sky—it was damn-near photorealistic. But soon we engaged with some other planes, and things quickly became dull.
    It was almost entirely reminiscent of the original Modern Warfare's AC-130 mission, and using the mouse and keyboard, it felt clicky and lacked impact.

Which brings me to a thing that will probably only be a bummer for a few of you—the PC version of Battlefield 3 won't support gamepads, at least not at launch.
    He updates to say he is not sure (because they seemed to work in the beta apparently) but the people at the event for DICE told him no gamepads at launch and they were thinking of putting them in.

When I spoke with Battlefield 3 Executive Producer Patrick Bach, I asked him about the way that DICE has been designing the game's single-player content. "To be honest," he told me, "a big part of what single-player in Battlefield is is a tutorial for multiplayer."
    But all the same, Battlefield 3's campaign seems mired in a bit of a personality-free zone. It's a surprise, since I enjoyed the congenial vibe of DICE's last game, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (though it's nice to hear that we just might be getting more Bad Company before too long, as well.)
    Ever since those great Battlefield 3 gameplay videos first surfaced, I've been looking forward to seeing Battlefield 3's campaign in action. But now that I've played it, I might just skip straight to multiplayer.

This probably won't jar many people, certainly not me, I was looking forward to using campaign to enjoy the sights on ultra (as I doubt I can play with my pedantic FPS requirements with 64 players on max graphics despite my system spec), however I did expect it to be very similar to other titles.

Tbh it is a very immature review, expecting anything other than shooting enemies and piloting jets and vehicles is very asinine in a game defined by modern warfare as battlefield 2 was.

Tbh2 I would have preferred all time gone into multiplayer, game could have been out 6 months earlier, with 2x the content (throwing meaningless numbers around :$), but to each their own, I may try it... sometime.

Again if you would like to read the campaign article, it's here : http://kotaku.com/5847778/for-all-it...ag=battlefield

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 11:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    [I]
    [/COLOR]
    When you play on the PC you can ALWAYS expect hackers in FPS games, ALWAYS. There is just no stopping them. There are some ways to combat them but they don't guarantee 100% free of hacker games.

The whole year I played Black Ops on the xbox360 I haven't seen even one hacker (25 days played). I am not known with all the technical stuff but I heard it is harder to hack on the xbox360 than it is to hack on the PC.[COLOR="red"]
    Just responding to that, there is (a way to stop them), and you can certainly expect - but they don't always exist at all. That is misinformation.

Over 100 days played CS/source in 11 years, I can safely say that (except for the massive amount of hackers early 2006), most of my game time has been cheat free.
    Level 30+ BC2, very much cheat free.
    BF2, 50 days +, cheat free.
    Crysis - Not always cheat free, but admins very quick on hand (I was part of the largest community of which I was a member of the clan with several servers and I was capable of removing them myself, of which I expressed great vigilance in doing so)
    C&C Renegade - Littered with hackers whom admins persistently banned from their servers (until they made new accounts on the back end system). Hackers were removed when the community stood up, and made an application called "Renguard", the most a community has ever done to save a game and its community as far as I am concerned. Renguard made the game completely cheat free for several years when one clever person finally got through - and Renguard patched the fix to that singular person within a day. (the game community was small by then, a few thousand people playing per day)

It's about where you play, who you play with and whether or not the server you are on as admins who 1. Give a shit. 2. Know what they are doing.

As well as if the server and game have cheat protection and a significant punishment. (Such as VAC marking you as a cheater for all time on your account where you may have a lot of games... and indeed even banning you and just taking all your games away from you - happened 2 times to a irl friend whom I know to be blackhat)

I think if you believe everyone is hacking - you are unfortunately being confused with people who are exceptionally good, and not actual hackers.
    Last edited by Sackman; 2011-10-11 at 10:35 AM.
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account

The whole year I played Black Ops on the xbox360 I haven't seen even one hacker (25 days played). I am not known with all the technical stuff but I heard it is harder to hack on the xbox360 than it is to hack on the PC.
    There are plenty of ways to prevent them and stop them. The first and foremost of which is a good server with a good admin team. Couple that with a global PB ban list and I can count on one hand the number of times that I have seen a hacker across many FPSes going back years and years.

Hacking does exist on the consoles. Call of Duty has practically been destroyed on the PS3 due to the volume of hackers and the complete and total lack of support from IW. This is one of the major reasons that true PC gamers where so pissed about MW2 and P2P. Hackers where everywhere. Because the community wasn't given the tools or the possibility to counteract them, they ran rampant for a good period of time until VAC did its ban in batches. A couple of days later, they where back.

Hell, I even remember all of the Halo games being nearly unplayable in MP for a period of time due to the hackers in those games. So yes, they do exist.
    Last edited by Dakia; 2011-10-11 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    Yes, take a quick look on Kotaku or IGN or Gamespot or something, you will find lots.

Also not sure if everyone is aware - like Metro, Grand Bazaar is a vehicleless map to my knowledge.. source: Kirk Hamilton of Kotaku

This was the PC version he was playing.

If you would like to see the "developer walkthrough" here is the link (to youtube): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geTOvrUVPTE

Edit: Thought I would add more pieces to explain what the map was like past it being vehicleless - as it seems obvious to me a stab at another franchise, it's important to ascertain what if anything is different. (Personally I like vehicleless maps now and again, to break up the pace).

They also mentioned:

In a seperate article but on the same day: (read here: http://kotaku.com/5847778/for-all-it...ag=battlefield)

He updates to say he is not sure (because they seemed to work in the beta apparently) but the people at the event for DICE told him no gamepads at launch and they were thinking of putting them in.

This probably won't jar many people, certainly not me, I was looking forward to using campaign to enjoy the sights on ultra (as I doubt I can play with my pedantic FPS requirements with 64 players on max graphics despite my system spec), however I did expect it to be very similar to other titles.

Tbh it is a very immature review, expecting anything other than shooting enemies and piloting jets and vehicles is very asinine in a game defined by modern warfare as battlefield 2 was.

Tbh2 I would have preferred all time gone into multiplayer, game could have been out 6 months earlier, with 2x the content (throwing meaningless numbers around :$), but to each their own, I may try it... sometime.

Again if you would like to read the campaign article, it's here : http://kotaku.com/5847778/for-all-it...ag=battlefield

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 11:55 AM ----------

Just responding to that, there is (a way to stop them), and you can certainly expect - but they don't always exist at all. That is misinformation.

Over 100 days played CS/source in 11 years, I can safely say that (except for the massive amount of hackers early 2006), most of my game time has been cheat free.
    Level 30+ BC2, very much cheat free.
    BF2, 50 days +, cheat free.
    Crysis - Not always cheat free, but admins very quick on hand (I was part of the largest community of which I was a member of the clan with several servers and I was capable of removing them myself, of which I expressed great vigilance in doing so)
    C&C Renegade - Littered with hackers whom admins persistently banned from their servers (until they made new accounts on the back end system). Hackers were removed when the community stood up, and made an application called "Renguard", the most a community has ever done to save a game and its community as far as I am concerned. Renguard made the game completely cheat free for several years when one clever person finally got through - and Renguard patched the fix to that singular person within a day. (the game community was small by then, a few thousand people playing per day)

It's about where you play, who you play with and whether or not the server you are on as admins who 1. Give a shit. 2. Know what they are doing.

As well as if the server and game have cheat protection and a significant punishment. (Such as VAC marking you as a cheater for all time on your account where you may have a lot of games... and indeed even banning you and just taking all your games away from you - happened 2 times to a irl friend whom I know to be blackhat)

I think if you believe everyone is hacking - you are unfortunately being confused with people who are exceptionally good, and not actual hackers.
    I read your whole post and quotes untill:

I have played CS 1.6 for at least 7 years. I sometimes came back to play it and maybe the last time I was online was 2,5-3 years back and there were hackers. There have always been hackers in CS 1.6, always. Maybe you are blind or very lucky. I have played in clans competitively and pretty serious for years and there were even hackers during wars.
    I even heard that there was a hacker on a LAN playing CS 1.6. He had a hack that when he pushed a button he would always shoot a headshot. It was almost not noticeable and only after they were in the finals of the 1.6 tournament they cought him.
    I seriously don't get how you think CS was or is hack free. Steam isn't doing anything anymore in CS 1.6. VAC isn't even updated anymore I heard.

And yes, obviously you can spot hackers yourself as admin and ban them from your servers (I also did this) but that doesn't make the game hack free. Hack free means Black Ops on the xbox360 where there are 0 hackers and when someone glitches something (that's not hacking) on purpose they get banned and stats resetted immediately. There are no known hacks for BO on the xbox360 at all.
    Besides when I was admin on CS 1.6 servers it was sometimes very difficult to see if someone was cheating or not. Sometimes it was very obvious but people who know what they are doing can hide it really well. And it's hard to have admins online 24/7, you can probably say impossible.

The fact of the matter is you can patch as much as you want, you can update your anti-hack tools but if cheaters want to cheat they will just make new hacks the next day. I don't know the specifics but it seems to be harder or impossible to hack BO/xbox360 but other games get hacked too on consoles but mostly older titles like MW2 or WaW because they are not supported anymore by the developer.

I haven't played many other FPS games. Played MoH 2010 for a while on PC, hacked. It was already hacked in beta and without proper support from the developer there is nothing you can do about it. They ran Punkbuster, yeah like hackers don't know how to bypass that. They try to update for example Punkbuster all the time but it's almost pointless because it's extremely easy to just make new hacks that bypass their new updates.
    I've played some other games but not enough to seriously notice hackers except for two MMO's. Silkroad, it's F2P and pretty shitty and I can honestly say that 95% are bots. WoW also has hackers but they are not much of a serious threat. I have probably only seen 4 in the 4 years I have played.

And BF2 cheat free? I search BF2 cheats on youtube and get tons of videos where people display hacks.

So, when you play FPS games, especially on the PC, you can always expect there to be hackers. How bad it is depends on the support and community and ofcourse on what servers you play and with who you play.

This one is very nice. I believe after having so many years of experience I can't spot a hacker. You also just admitted that on every game you have played there were hackers. And I said that there are ways to combat them but you won't have a 100% hacker free game then you say exactly the same.
    Please, there is no reason to conclude from my comment that I am a bad player and can't see if someone is cheating or not. I do sometimes rage and scream that something is not possible but I do know that the guy is just better than me at that point and I just needed to vent. So, don't tell me I can't see the difference when you don't even know me. I have probably more experience with cheaters than you. I have even been called a cheater by someone after playing a ranked war in CS 1.6. They made a nice video of my demo where they used a wallhack while playing my demo on their PC's to show that my headshot through the wall weren't possible. Thankfully there were not idiots working at Clanbase at that time and they noticed it was clearly possible what I did. (You had to record demos of all wars so people could prove that they weren't cheaters or others could prove that you were a cheater to Clanbase so Clanbase could kick your clan from the competition).

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 01:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    There are plenty of ways to prevent them and stop them. The first and foremost of which is a good server with a good admin team. Couple that with a global PB ban list and I can count on one hand the number of times that I have seen a hacker across many FPSes going back years and years.

Hacking does exist on the consoles. Call of Duty has practically been destroyed on the PS3 due to the volume of hackers and the complete and total lack of support from IW. This is one of the major reasons that true PC gamers where so pissed about MW2 and P2P. Hackers where everywhere. Because the community wasn't given the tools or the possibility to counteract them, they ran rampant for a good period of time until VAC did its ban in batches. A couple of days later, they where back.

Hell, I even remember all of the Halo games being nearly unplayable in MP for a period of time due to the hackers in those games. So yes, they do exist.
    I said exactly the same thing in your quote:

There are some ways to combat them but they don't guarantee 100% free of hacker games.
    And I was talking about BLACK OPS not MW2, a title of the CoD franchise that is not supported anymore and where the developer (IW) were layed off or whatever happened.

And exactly, VAC bans, two days later they are back with new hacks. That's why I say that there is no stopping them. You can go admin your server and ban them but they will just go to another server. People can come play on your server where admins ban hackers all day long but then you still don't have a guaranteed 100% hacker free game.

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 02:25 PM ----------

@Sackman

About that review. I think it's pretty stupid he is saying BF3 looks like CoD and that it's a bad thing like four times. Does he think they put together this campaign within the last 10-11 months? Because they couldn't know how the BO campaign would be like before that. So to blame them for copying BO is really lame.

In the beta, which is ofcourse not close to the finished game, BF3 felt completely different from CoD (which I have been playing nonstop for the past year). And that was even on a map without vehicles.

I never really like these reviews, it's just one guys opinion. And he is probably biased because he wants/has to get views (don't know about this one) and works for a company. I have also been playing games for 16-17 years or so, and I play a lot. So I rather experience the games myself instead of just believe what reviewers say or even people on forums. Most games people say they suck I actually really enjoy. One more than the other but they are still fun to play.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2011-10-11 at 02:26 PM.

Just 2 more weeks to play BF3... can someone freeze me in those last two weeks ?

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    And I was talking about BLACK OPS not MW2, a title of the CoD franchise that is not supported anymore and where the developer (IW) were layed off or whatever happened.

And exactly, VAC bans, two days later they are back with new hacks. That's why I say that there is no stopping them. You can go admin your server and ban them but they will just go to another server. People can come play on your server where admins ban hackers all day long but then you still don't have a guaranteed 100% hacker free game.
    Oh, I know you where talking about BLOPS. I just referenced MW2 as that was the last COD game that I picked up. I completely passed on BLOPS and will most likely pass on MW3. It wasn't just the layoffs though. They didn't support that game from day 1.

Yeah, VAC was the primary reason for hackers being such an issue. Dedicated servers with PB and a decent admin team have nil for hackers.

I read your whole post and quotes untill:

I have played CS 1.6 for at least 7 years. I sometimes came back to play it and maybe the last time I was online was 2,5-3 years back and there were hackers. There have always been hackers in CS 1.6, always. Maybe you are blind or very lucky. I have played in clans competitively and pretty serious for years and there were even hackers during wars.
    I even heard that there was a hacker on a LAN playing CS 1.6. He had a hack that when he pushed a button he would always shoot a headshot. It was almost not noticeable and only after they were in the finals of the 1.6 tournament they cought him.
    I seriously don't get how you think CS was or is hack free. Steam isn't doing anything anymore in CS 1.6. VAC isn't even updated anymore I heard.

And yes, obviously you can spot hackers yourself as admin and ban them from your servers (I also did this) but that doesn't make the game hack free. Hack free means Black Ops on the xbox360 where there are 0 hackers and when someone glitches something (that's not hacking) on purpose they get banned and stats resetted immediately. There are no known hacks for BO on the xbox360 at all.
    Besides when I was admin on CS 1.6 servers it was sometimes very difficult to see if someone was cheating or not. Sometimes it was very obvious but people who know what they are doing can hide it really well. And it's hard to have admins online 24/7, you can probably say impossible.

The fact of the matter is you can patch as much as you want, you can update your anti-hack tools but if cheaters want to cheat they will just make new hacks the next day. I don't know the specifics but it seems to be harder or impossible to hack BO/xbox360 but other games get hacked too on consoles but mostly older titles like MW2 or WaW because they are not supported anymore by the developer.

I haven't played many other FPS games. Played MoH 2010 for a while on PC, hacked. It was already hacked in beta and without proper support from the developer there is nothing you can do about it. They ran Punkbuster, yeah like hackers don't know how to bypass that. They try to update for example Punkbuster all the time but it's almost pointless because it's extremely easy to just make new hacks that bypass their new updates.
    I've played some other games but not enough to seriously notice hackers except for two MMO's. Silkroad, it's F2P and pretty shitty and I can honestly say that 95% are bots. WoW also has hackers but they are not much of a serious threat. I have probably only seen 4 in the 4 years I have played.

And BF2 cheat free? I search BF2 cheats on youtube and get tons of videos where people display hacks.

So, when you play FPS games, especially on the PC, you can always expect there to be hackers. How bad it is depends on the support and community and ofcourse on what servers you play and with who you play.

This one is very nice. I believe after having so many years of experience I can't spot a hacker. You also just admitted that on every game you have played there were hackers. And I said that there are ways to combat them but you won't have a 100% hacker free game then you say exactly the same.
    Please, there is no reason to conclude from my comment that I am a bad player and can't see if someone is cheating or not. I do sometimes rage and scream that something is not possible but I do know that the guy is just better than me at that point and I just needed to vent. So, don't tell me I can't see the difference when you don't even know me. I have probably more experience with cheaters than you. I have even been called a cheater by someone after playing a ranked war in CS 1.6. They made a nice video of my demo where they used a wallhack while playing my demo on their PC's to show that my headshot through the wall weren't possible. Thankfully there were not idiots working at Clanbase at that time and they noticed it was clearly possible what I did. (You had to record demos of all wars so people could prove that they weren't cheaters or others could prove that you were a cheater to Clanbase so Clanbase could kick your clan from the competition).

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 01:56 PM ----------

I said exactly the same thing in your quote:

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 02:25 PM ----------

@Sackman

About that review. I think it's pretty stupid he is saying BF3 looks like CoD and that it's a bad thing like four times. Does he think they put together this campaign within the last 10-11 months? Because they couldn't know how the BO campaign would be like before that. So to blame them for copying BO is really lame.

In the beta, which is ofcourse not close to the finished game, BF3 felt completely different from CoD (which I have been playing nonstop for the past year). And that was even on a map without vehicles.

I never really like these reviews, it's just one guys opinion. And he is probably biased because he wants/has to get views (don't know about this one) and works for a company. I have also been playing games for 16-17 years or so, and I play a lot. So I rather experience the games myself instead of just believe what reviewers say or even people on forums. Most games people say they suck I actually really enjoy. One more than the other but they are still fun to play.
    I stopped playing 1.6 in 2005, moved to source. Source had a large hacker influx but it abated, hackers congregating on much smaller servers without VAC protection. I played on pvt invite only practice matches, some for the esl german pro league with some freinds, some for enemy down, but never joined a team myself as I never enjoyed playing the game so furiously. Would just let people practice or fill in numbers now and again when I felt like playing for fun. Public side alphafrag, gear and bingobongo servers. Rarely if ever saw a hacker... in fact I got banned myself once erroneously because their admin team were so zealous. Fortunately I demo'd and ran the anti cheating thing (forget its name, required for most CSS leagues), so as to avoid any trouble, and can send at a whim to admins when required.

Arguably if someone is cheating and its not in an event with a prize, they are only ruining their experience for themselves. As mentioned above, I have been wrongly accused by admins from large server hosts throughout my time playing fps games, and I have had people come out as hackers and had people I could quite obviously see were hackers - but I sometimes do nothing, as if they are playing only aswell as me or less I just see it as me being handicapped so that I can get a challenge.

Like I was responding too, its not about hackers existing or not - its whether or not you just foolishly join unprotected servers or when recognising a cheater do nothing about it. In truth - the game where I see people hacking the most recently, is WoW lol where WoW used to be quite free of it.

In FPS titles on the PC though, my experience is basically hack free, or if anyone is using a hack it isn't to the detriment to my enjoyment. If it really riles you that someone might be cheating to try and beat you I can understand, personally though I just pah and respawn. I find them as much trouble as having to say "this guy just glitched" which is far more common. "If I jump over here I fall through this bit of hill and can shoot people through the floor". You get more frustrating instances of that happening than you do hackers on PC.

With your legacy of gaming I am certain you can appreciate there were methods of recognising true geniuses of the game, and if people are just hiding it well then I say, just let em hide it. They just cheapen the experience for themselves.

Where it concerns true OTT hacks super aimbot/wallhack/spinbot combo's or server side injection/infiltration, I haven't seen something like that in 5 years + maybe more. (except in the BF3 beta lol)

Regarding the review, I agree, I almost regret reading it. The differences between MW3 and Battlefield are certainly massive in their respective genres, but expecting more than gunfights, an opfor and one of several narrative options just seems naive.
    Would he say the same if it was the old school, training camp then plane ride to location and between locations.. as done in many films and games and books (original CoD and Americas Army as examples). Or perhaps the telling a story to the grandchildren style, or the interrogator flashback style (the one being used).

I am not big on single players anymore, I will likely play Co-op, co-op I have always/will always love, but I struggle to get into single player games now since being 18+.

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 05:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Oh, I know you where talking about BLOPS. I just referenced MW2 as that was the last COD game that I picked up. I completely passed on BLOPS and will most likely pass on MW3. It wasn't just the layoffs though. They didn't support that game from day 1.

Yeah, VAC was the primary reason for hackers being such an issue. Dedicated servers with PB and a decent admin team have nil for hackers.
    PB is good but it doesn't half pee me off with its updating systems and compatibility issues.

The amount of people I have tried intoducing to PB titles who have immediately just given up because "Kicked for lacking PB <blah blah blah.file that should be installed right after executing a programme for the first time.exe that i now need to download manually from your site>".

Sort that out and its all good, especially with PBBans. VAC has the possibility of being insanely powerful though - because of VAC being tied into Steam accounts. That user going across all games, banned in one - banned in all.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Just 2 more weeks to play BF3... can someone freeze me in those last two weeks ?
    Don't do it! Eric Cartman did it and he woke up 500 years in the future.
    I'm still thinking about it...

Does anyone know if there will be more weapons available in the full version?
    I've missed stuff like the Javeline or the AT4 rocket launcher in the Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    You have ordered up a full list of weapons and attachments, this shall be provided for you, give me a moment :P

EDIT:

WEAPONS

ASSAULT RIFLES

• M16A4
    • M416
    • G3
    • AK74M
    • AN94
    • KH2002
    • AEK971
    • F2000
    • ASVAL

CARBINES

• M4A1
    • G36C
    • AKS74U
    • SCAR H
    • A-91
    • SG553LB

LIGHT MACHINE GUNS

• M249
    • M60
    • M27 IAR
    • M240
    • RPK
    • PECHENEG
    • TYPE88

SNIPER RIFLES

• MK11
    • SVD
    • SV98
    • M98B
    • M40A5
    • M82A3
    • M39
    • SKS

SUB MACHINE GUNS

• P90
    • P90TR
    • MP7
    • UMP-45
    • PDR
    • PP2000

SHOTGUNS

• 870 MCS
    • M1014
    • USAS-12
    • SAIGA 20K
    • DAO-12

PISTOLS

• M9
    • M93R
    • MP443
    • MP412
    • GLOCK 17
    • GLOCK 18
    • M1911
    • T44

ROCKET LAUNCHERS

• AT4
    • SMAW
    • RPG-7
    • JAVELIN
    • FIM-92 STINGER
    • SA-18 IGLA

WEAPON ACCESSORIES

OPTICS

• M145
    • RDS REFLEX
    • KOBRA
    • HOLOGRAPHIC
    • PKA-S
    • ACOG
    • PSO-1
    • PK-A
    • IRNV
    • PKS-07
    • 8X RIFLE SCOPE
    • 12X BALLISTIC

ERGONOMICS

• FOREGRIP
    • BIPOD

PERFORMANCE

• HEAVY BARREL
    • SUPPRESSOR
    • TACTICAL LIGHT
    • LASER LIGHT
    • FLASH SUPPRESOR
    • STRAIGHT PULL BOLT

UNDERSLUNG WEAPONRY

• M320
      -40MM GRENADES
      -BUCKSHOT
      -SMOKE GRENADE
    • M26 MASS
      -12 GUAGE
      -FLECHETTES
      -FRAG ROUND
      -SOLID SLUGS

SOLDIER EQUIPMENT

• KNIFE
    • M67 HAND GRENADE
    • M18 SMOKE GRENADE
    • MEDKIT
    • DEFIB
    • M15 ANTI TANK MINE
    • WELDING TOOL
    • EOD BOT
    • 60MM MORTAR
    • AMMUNITION BOX
    • C4 EXPLOSIVES
    • M18 CLAYMORE MINES
    • UG SENSORS
    • RADIO BEACON
    • SOFLAM
    • MAV MICRO UAV

VEHICLES:

FAST TRANSPORT

• GROWLER ITV
    • VDV BUGGY

ARMORED TRANSPORT

• HMMWV
    • G3937 VODNIK

INFANTRY FIGHTING VEHICLES

• LAV-25
    • BMP-2M

MOBILE ANTI-AIR

• LAV-AD
    • 9K22 TUNGUSKA-M

MAIN BATTLE TANKS

• M1 ABRAMS
    • T-90

SCOUT HELICOPTERS

• AH-6J LITTLEBIRD
    • Z-11 W

TRANSPORT HELICOPTERS

• UH-1Y VENOM
    • KA-60 KASATKA

ATTACK HELICOPTERS

• AH-1Z SUPER COBRA
    • MI-28 HAVOC

FIGHTER JETS

• F/A-18E SUPER HORNET
    • SU-35BM FLANKER-E

ATTACK JETS

• A-10 THUNDERBOLT
    • SU-39

NAVAL TRANSPORT

• RHIB

AMPHIBIOUS ASSAULT

• AAV-7A1

Hope that helps, just typed from fact sheet myself lol here are the individual images, but if you want pics or whatever just copy and paste what I typed then "bf3" after in google.

Last edited by Sackman; 2011-10-11 at 06:15 PM.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    http://bf3blog.com/battlefield-3-weapons/

http://bf3blog.com/2011/10/battlefie...rkand-weapons/

As a note to hacking in this game exactly how do you prove it? With a killcam you can clearly see a hack but the only way you could see it in this game would be it they are bouncing around in circles and only the dumbest of dumb hackers do that. Basically get a wall hack so you can see easily and combine that with an aimbot with a low fov and bam undetectable in BF3. PB has yet to give me a good experience and seems to kick people because they feel like it. Can't count the times PB has kicked me from a game for reasons unknown to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phenom568 View Post
    As a note to hacking in this game exactly how do you prove it? With a killcam you can clearly see a hack but the only way you could see it in this game would be it they are bouncing around in circles and only the dumbest of dumb hackers do that. Basically get a wall hack so you can see easily and combine that with an aimbot with a low fov and bam undetectable in BF3. PB has yet to give me a good experience and seems to kick people because they feel like it. Can't count the times PB has kicked me from a game for reasons unknown to me.
    On most servers there are admins, specially if its a server run by a clan. My clan has run many servers in many games and if we think someone is hacking we spectate that person for some rounds and if we see something strange we just remove him.
    It will be the same with Bf3, we will kick anyone who breaks our rules.

PB kicks you most of the time because you have an outdated version of PB.
    PB never bans unless it finds a reason for it.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    PB kicks you most of the time because you have an outdated version of PB.
    PB never bans unless it finds a reason for it.
    PB does, on occasion get false positives, but the overwhelming majority of reasons for kicks are due to outdated versions. At least it is easy enough to update.

Game looks awesome, only a couple more weeks!!!