Thread: Ya'll are soft

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ya'll are soft

At Blizzcon, Ion said, that if we had problems with any of the Hero specs, if some are out of place, then we should give feedback and perhaps they might change it.

The 2 warrior specs are fine, but Mountain Thane? Dude give us the Blademaster hero spec right now!! I can't believe it, how they did miss that..
    Last edited by BloodTorva; 2023-11-07 at 11:28 PM.

1+ Year Old Account
    2 out 3 spec hero spec names for Paladins sound like crap. Templar is the only cool one and god I hope it's for retribution cause I don't want to be a lightsmith wtf is that, or a herald of the sun, gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    2 out 3 spec hero spec names for Paladins sound like crap. Templar is the only cool one and god I hope it's for retribution cause I don't want to be a lightsmith wtf is that, or a herald of the sun, gtfo.
    This ain't a paladin section.....

Mountain Thane works since it was an actual class from the RPG game (it was actually Mountain King). Think of it like playing as Muradin, who is both the current leader of the Bronzebeard Dwarves and dual wields two axes (which fits the bill of a fury + prot hybrid)

Colossus, on the other hand, not so much for me.. I'd say make Colossus into Slayer and Slayer into Blademaster.

But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Mountain Thane works since it was an actual class from the RPG game (it was actually Mountain King). Think of it like playing as Muradin, who is both the current leader of the Bronzebeard Dwarves and dual wields two axes (which fits the bill of a fury + prot hybrid)

Colossus, on the other hand, not so much for me.. I'd say make Colossus into Slayer and Slayer into Blademaster.

But that's just me.
    Don't care which, point is, blademaster was in demand for long time and I can't believe that they missed it

But that's just me.
    Blademaster, Berserker and M1Arbams should be the 3 names

I could see Blademaster being a sub-specc if this system was a branch of only arms. However, with it sharing a talents with fury or prot, you weren't getting it with this system.

Best you could hope for is colossus or slayer assisting in your RP.

We're literally talking about the names of groups of 9-10 fully passive talents.

What does it matter?
    It's not like you're picking a new class or something.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodTorva View Post
    Don't care which, point is, blademaster was in demand for long time and I can't believe that they missed it
    No way they missed it, they probably think Blademaster is a potential future class.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodTorva View Post

At Blizzcon, Ion said, that if we had problems with any of the Hero specs, if some are out of place, then we should give feedback and perhaps they might change it.

The 2 warrior specs are fine, but Mountain Thane? Dude give us the Blademaster hero spec right now!! I can't believe it, how they did miss that..
    I personally think they're saving Blademaster to be an actual class. Leather-wearing 2handed sword/axe/polearm class. LONG ago, when they released the DK class, the devs spoke about other hero classes that were on the table, and Blademaster was one of them. And even now with how wow is, blademaster fits as no other class has that archtype.

Blademaster is more of a 2 hander Rogue or Monk that uses blades I stead of a Warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Blademaster, Berserker and M1Arbams should be the 3 names
    as far as I'm concerned the three specs should be called Hoodrych, Veev, and Assmongold (for the spec everyone loves to hate ya know whutimsayindoe)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have actual blademaster class. Don't settle for mini specs.

I dont like dirty orcs, no blademasters please.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    I dont like dirty orcs, no blademasters please.
    But the lightforge Draenei have a Blademaster Telaamon, so it makes it OK

10+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with it? Makes sense since the next expansion is going to have a lot to do with Earthen...Mountain Thane is also likely going to be the defensive Prot based hero talents,, and like agentsi brought up...you'd rather just have a few points of abilities called Blademaster or perhaps have a actual Blademaster class one day?

If they're going for mostly cosmetic, there are easy ways to change current abilities to appeal to the blademaster fantasy.

Heroic leap -> Wind walk. Change the animation to you dissappearing and "teleporting" to the selected landing spot instead of leaping. Have it give you a few seconds of stealth plus the existing move speed buff and replace the aoe with a "next ability does % more dmg" or something.

Sweeping strikes -> Mirror image. SS already clones your attacks, so just make an actual "clone" do it. Then add a second clone that does 50% dmg or something for a small buff. Give the clones a tiny bit of health or something.

Or they could do something even more simple like, instead of whirlwind, literally "whirling" around, you could have mirror images strike all the targets, as if to say "you move so fast, it appears as if mirror images of yourself hit every target in an x radius".

I don't care about being more or less powerful, I just want the look, the fantasy.
    Last edited by Wazooty; 2023-11-08 at 02:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Missing things when it comes to warrior is what blizzard excells at. Just take a look at our artifact weapons..

But yes would much rather have Blademaster instead of either Slayer or Colossus as Mountain Thane does fit with the class.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Mountain Thane works since it was an actual class from the RPG game (it was actually Mountain King). Think of it like playing as Muradin, who is both the current leader of the Bronzebeard Dwarves and w(which fits the bill of a fury + prot hybrid)

But that's just me.
    Muradin, and all other Mountain Kings, wields and axe and a hammer.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Mountain thane is ok already. I would erase slayer and add blade master at this place. But prob this forum isnt great place to complain about this. More like blizz official forum is better to do this is you want things goin to happn.
    Last edited by czarek; 2024-01-11 at 10:39 AM.