Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidone View Post
    It's early and changes will come. People always QQ when something is announced. Threatening with unsubbing and all that. QQ over stuff thats live instead of something in development. These are just example screens. The text does not give you the exact prices afaik.
    I agree people always get upset when every patch is announced. Although, this time there is cause for alarm. The last 2 expansions they released the main boss early. In BC they ended up releasing a whole new tier to tide people over. In Wrath they didn't have the man power due to people being pulled by other games and working on the next expansion. They making the same mistake again and I jhope people are ready to raid Deathwing for a year or more, well unless 1 boss raid for 6-8 months can hold you over.

People should be mad, they said they were going to release small patches in between major raid content with more quality of life fixes and other stuff. I guess it turned out that they just didn't know WTF to do for patch 4.1 so they just lied out right and we get an expansion with the least raid content of just about any in existence. Are they short staffed? Maybe, is that our problem? No, we pay a subscription fee so they can hire more people and guarantee quality content on the other games that WoW players might not even touch. They knew about all these games ahead of time and had time to start hiring quality people overtime. They didn't hire enough maybe. Why am I being punished due to Blizzards incompetence.

This is why they hemorrhaged players in Wrath and will hemorrhage even more faster now, which we've already seen. People were already underwhelmed by this expansion when it dropped. I agree they had a lot of work to do fixing the old world and they accomplished a great feat, but they had only 3 dungeons at launch with a handful of bosses and almost no trash. It's getting easier for them to design and make these miniscule dungeons, in comparison to original/BC and we still get less bosses. No new talents and some minor quality of life fixes that were long overdue make this expansion feel stay from a player perspective. Playing another class isn't an option for everyone and people started this expansion bored after the newness wore off. They also got rid of stats to simplify the process of gearing our for tanks/dps and heals and they then add the most complicated stat any game has ever had. It's great for some classes and bottom of the barrel for others we would have been better off without it. It feels the same as Wrath only worse, because people were looking forward to Arthas for years. Maybe they don't have the endless amounts of stories/bosses they thought they did to draw from and are saving some for the next expansion. I don't know, but I do know that this expansion makes me feel cheated the more it goes along and I'm not the only one.

Every time they add a new feature it's like they intentionally sabotage it so people are distracted by it to notice the real problem. Void storage is just another bank that isn't really necessary but it's a nice bonus, until you hear about the deposit fee for items losing all enchants/gems etc that you paid thousands of gold to get. They add a search feature to the bank that should've been there for years. Void transmogrification looks like a last ditch effort to keep people playing the game. It's something they said they would never do. They wanted to keep the integrity of the artwork and gear in place. People should know what you have on and when gear looks like garbage you should have to live with it, at least that's what they said shortly after this expansion dropped and repeated until around 4.1. If the cost is low like reforging it'll be a nice touch scaling slightly depending on gear level. Even though it's still a kick in the nuts for something most other MMOs let you do for free.

I seriously hope they have more planned for 4.3 then a overly expensive bank that charges you to deposit, An item appearance feature that costs money, bag/bank search features, 3 heroics which could be anything from 3-5 boss or recycled content and Deathwing flying in insanely prematurely. I'm betting the Deathwing raid will have ony 6-8 bosses too. Unless this is just the first major content of the patch announced for 4.3, and I mean the rest needs to be just as major, get ready for another Wrath ending year long snoozefest. It like one giant April fools joke. Please tell me it's April...Anyone.

They did say they would try to release expansions faster. Dropping in MAR-JUN of 2012 would be amazing, but since they seem to be more understaffed then ever and couldn't deliver on BC when they had the entire dev team on it, it's not looking so good.

TLDR: Get ready to raid Deathwing for a long time, more heroics no one will care about after a week and some other features you may or may not use over the next stretch of no major content released gameplay.

Finally I can get some free space in my bags.. My main (Rogue) is running around with full bags all the time. I got all my bank slots filled with 22 slot bags or bigger, containing tons of RP stuff and item sets. I bet I could instantly fill the whole Void Storage.
    I'm wondering what the final costs will be though.. Not that I was low on money Too bad we will lose all the enchantments .. Bye bye, mongoose

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I'm VERY close to leaving WoW. Nothing has wowed me lately. It's all been poorly executed.
    Quite frankly, everything has always been implemented poorly and then perfected over many years.

Look at LFG for 5 mans. They went through several designs of a LFG tool, a LFG channel, meeting stones, then innkeepers, until after more than 5 years, they finally came up with the RDF system. Which itself is really just the old meeting stone system that now works better because of all the class homogenization that's taken place over the last couple of expansions. They had the idea a long time ago, they just needed the rest of the game to catch up for it to work.

This isn't anything to leave over if everything else hasn't driven you away yet. The uselessness of this just means most people will still need a storage mule. It's a non-issue for most people.
    The few chronic hoarders who actually do have their banks filled with soulbound gear will now have 80 more slots they'll fill up with gear. The withdrawl cost won't be an issue because they'll keep anything they'll actually play with in their normal bank. This will just be a place to stash the things they'll never use.

It was a waste of dev time, yeah. But I doubt it took anything away from anything else that would have actually been useful so it's really much ado about nothing.

The only real issue I have with it is that it could have easily been so much more and actually eliminated the need for storage mules for everyone. Perhaps one day, that will happen. It just won't be with the next patch.

This is why they hemorrhaged players in Wrath and will hemorrhage even more faster now, which we've already seen.
    They added subs in Wrath. They hit the 11 million milestone in 2008 when Wrath was announced with 11.5M coming soon after it was released. It hit it's peak right after the release of Cata In Dec 2010 with 12.5 million subs.

Cata was obviously a step backwards as it's the first expansion not to add to their subscriber base, but it's hardly caused a hemorrhage of players. It's hasn't even caused a paper cut. They're right where they were when they first announced it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zookz25 View Post
    I'm sort of surprised that so many people are complaining about the cost of it when all we have to go by at in-development screenshots.

I'm betting they're placeholder numbers and each piece won't cost more then their vendoring price to transfer.
    Yes, it's a placeholder and some posters could use sedatives... At the same time, I am concerned about the price. I do understand where Blizzard is coming from -- trying to dissuade people from using it as a second bank -- but 100g per item is rather high in my opinion. Perhaps somewhere in the range of 30g - 50g would work?
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Wow. What do you plan with the boat load of gold you have in your wallet? invest in a retirement plan for your character? Mortgage your next tier armor? College fund for your orc orphan? What's the reason for people to adhere to much to their WoW gold, as if there is something useful to do with it? Buying largely overpriced crafted armor which is easily outgeared by dungeon/raid drops or CP vendors? idiot vanity items that are used to rip people off? This is one of the great ways to stop the insane in-game inflation, regulate prices and control gold sellers. I find it very logical.

10+ Year Old Account
    um im looking into the past this is the samething weve had before.