Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[TV] Naruto, Bring me up to speed. [Asking for Spoilers]

Hello, MMO-Champions!

So I rewatched a couple Naruto episodes the other day and it really got me wanting to get back into it.. the problem is that there is NO WAY I'm watching hundreds of episodes not knowing exactly where I left off, sitting through all the fillers just to be brought up to speed on the story.

So.. I ask you please in however long in needs to be tell me the important parts of Naruto Shippuden (spelling?) that I need to remember and/or missed up to the most recent episode.

Also opinions of the series as it is right now because I don't want to get into something that's terrible :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been watching the series since they came out , and i stil like them as ever , so here goes major stuff , Sasuke becomes uber powerfull kills Orochimaru , absorbs hes powers , later on fights itachi , kills him , gets his powers , both everything he absorbed from orochimaru is banished from hes body , at this point hes sharingan starts decaying as in every uchiha.

Naruto becomes much more powerfull atfer training with jiraya , eventually jiraya gets killed by a character knowns as pain, who controlls 7 different bodies, all of wich Naruto fights and kills during the battle after the destrucion of konoha, naruto is only able of doing this with the help of a skill created by jiraya called Senin Mode wich absorbs energy from nature, this energy allows the user to do many a things , including super strenght(move mountains kinda strenght) super speed , way faster than the sharingan can follow per example , and super chakra reserves .

As to other akatsuki members they are all dead apart from Tobi and another dude who teleports and shit , i really advise watching everything you missed on a website.

list of filler episodes to skip:
    http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=501381

original naruto ones are in the second post

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh yea , fillers everywhere fuckloads before the destruction of konoha and battle that ensues, some are worth watching, most are not, also a fuckload of them seem to be going on before the new ninja war on the up to date episodes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Admittedly i stopped watching a few weeks ago because the constant flashbacks during the combat scenes with Sasuke and Naruto were just too numerous for me to stand. That was episode 216~, the current episode is 225 iirc.

Breaking it down into arcs would be the best way to see where you should start:

Invasion of Pain Arc: Episode 152 to episode 175. Akatsuki's attempts to capture the Eight-Tails and the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox and the large-scale invasion and destruction of Konoha.

Five Kage Summit Arc : Episode 197 to 219. After the destruction of Konoha, the looming threat of the Akatsuki and the 8-tails disappearance the Kage meet in a nuetral Land (of Iron i think?)when it gets interrupted by Sasuke.

Confining the Jinchuriki Arc Episode 220 to current. All the Five great countries have formed a ninja alliance with the Land of Iron and prepare for the Fourth Shinobi World War and the final battle against Akatsuki.

Also, im fairly certain a new filler has just started.

as said , sasuke absorbed orochimaru, fought itachi and won and joined the akatsuki to take revenge on konoha.

jiraya got killed by pain the avatar of nagato who holds the rinegan (ocular jutsu) that has the power to revive the dead, summon lots of beasts, pull/push like a jedi, and several other stuff.

naruto goes into training with jirayas sensei the toad sage wich teaches him sage jutsu wich increases his fighting abilities alot and comes bk to a vilage being destroyed by pain . he gets pissed when a certain friend of his dies infront of him and goes into 9 tails mode (not spoiling more than that) beats pain and goes to meet nagato (the real pain) they talk and nagato revives the whole vilage and dies.

sasuke was tasked to capture the eight tails but fails so kisame has to do it but aparently also fails.

after the fight with pain, tsunade is in a sort of resting state (very severe) so danzou takes the hokage mantle and goes to the kage meeting to discus the akatsuki. the akatsuki atacks (basicly sasuke and his squad) and fight most of the kages . tobi reveals himself as one of the uchiha (not sayin who he is ) and teels him about his master plan. sasuke rips one of raikages arms durign the fight. after retreat danzo fights sasuke and loses. naruto shows up and they atalk abit.

naruto is then tasked to meet the 8 tails to control the kyubi while the rest of the ninja wolrd prepares for war with tobi and kabuto who alied himself with tobi and holds orochimaros power in him.

naruto learns 9 tails mode from 8 tail dude and yamato gets captured by tobi (naruto doesnt know). with an army of undead ninjas made by kabuto wich holds soem of the previous kages, all of the akatsuki dead members, some renowned ninjas tobi now goes into the fight to batle the alied shinobi forces.

currently naruto and bee are heading out to join the fight

sorry for the wal
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I heard it would be relatively short and I'd like to believe that.
    Feral Druids are the most "feared" class in PvP.
    Warodl - Warod

15+ Year Old Account
    From what ive read i think its only 5ish episodes.
    Fingers crossed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Admittedly i stopped watching a few weeks ago because the constant flashbacks during the combat scenes with Sasuke and Naruto were just too numerous for me to stand. That was episode 216~, the current episode is 225 iirc.

Breaking it down into arcs would be the best way to see where you should start:

Invasion of Pain Arc: Episode 152 to episode 175. Akatsuki's attempts to capture the Eight-Tails and the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox and the large-scale invasion and destruction of Konoha.

Five Kage Summit Arc : Episode 197 to 219. After the destruction of Konoha, the looming threat of the Akatsuki and the 8-tails disappearance the Kage meet in a nuetral Land (of Iron i think?)when it gets interrupted by Sasuke.

Confining the Jinchuriki Arc Episode 220 to current. All the Five great countries have formed a ninja alliance with the Land of Iron and prepare for the Fourth Shinobi World War and the final battle against Akatsuki.

I stopped watching naruto anime a long time ago and only read the manga.. but if the episodes are all ready that close to the manga (manga is about 30 or so chapters ahead) the anime will be getting some heavy filler action.

EDIT: I guess the anime is somewhere around 488 chapter of the manga and there are 551 chapters out so it might not be that big of a filler.
    Last edited by Torched; 2011-08-19 at 12:58 AM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, sounds alright. I may start watching it again. Needs more Rock Lee though.

Also this series is what started my love of 1-20 episode anime I got so burnt out on fillers. I'm actually hoping they pull a FMA:Brotherhood on this eventually and edit/remake it so you can watch it without the filler episodes.

Deleted
    they have really long fights, sakura cries alot and sasuke goes emo. All you need to know really

Spoiler Sasuke got his new set of eyes in the last manga episode if you dont know the whole eye thing yet read some more and u will get an idea of it

Deleted
    Btw, Tobi is Uchiha Madara and wants to control every living thing on the planet so its war comming and that is where we are now in the Anime

10+ Year Old Account
    Pain vs Naruto
    Episode 157-172 or something there are 2 or 3 fillers inside of it, then it's like ... 20000 filler episodes then they go to some meeting ..... Dear god and right after fillers end new begin

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

just read the damn manga. its so much superior than the anime and without any stupid fillers to go with.

rating of the series: all through the new season the anime had its high and low. and while the 4th war could have been better the latest chapters with itachi and nagato were awesome. all in all naruto is o.k. its still better than most shounen mangas (especially the horrid bleach) but story wise it still doesnt hold a candle to one piece.

what happened: a lot, a damn lot. what you need to know:

right now there is a ninja war where every country has united to fight against madara/tobi. madara is allied with zetsu who sends out a mass clone army and with kabuto whose body carries the orochimaru cells. kabuto has send out a vast army of all the best ninjas who have died with oro's resurrection technique. therefore a lot of heartfelt battle have taken place like kakashi vs. the mist ninja guy with the huge blade or azuma vs. his pupil. naruto had to face nagato and itachi. but itachi being the badass he is freed himself from kabutos control and is now going to stop the resurrection spell.

meanwhile naruto has gained control of the kyubi and found about the night the kyubi attacked the village. he wants to defeat madara and save sasuke and is willing to die and take sasuke to death with him.

sasuke fought against itachi. itachi defeated him but instead of killing him gave his power to him and died because he was sick of an illness. (it was important for itachi to free sasuke of oro's control and give sasuke his powers before he dies) madara got to sasuke (which itachi really didn't want to happen) and explained sasuke the secret behind the night itachi killed everyone and why itachi was the most awesome ninja to every walk on earth. but instead of taking an example of itachi sasuke sucumbed to his inner emo and allies with madara.

sasuke and naruto meet for a short moment. sasuke finally accepts naruto as his true rival and is willing to fight him. naruto promises to bring sasuke back from the emoness even if he has to kill him. and if he kills him he will die with him.

many other things happen but thats the most important.
    Last edited by obc; 2011-09-04 at 04:21 PM.

Deleted
    Have to agree with the people suggesting to just read the manga instead. The fillers just ruined the anime for me

Deleted
    Read the manga instead. I find the plot to be going down hill for some time though so I haven't checked it out for a few months.

I find the plot to be going down hill for some time though so I haven't checked it out for a few months.
    the plot has picked up back again thanks to the uberness that is itachi

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Sakura becomes useless again after the first Arc. Abit sad