'Mogging; Can an American ask for me?

Just wondering if anyone with a US account can ask if it's possible to transmogrify tabards? For instance to farm with a rep tabard whilst wearing, say, Illidari?
    Blues seem pretty keen on answering questions about this right now.

Just a quick question that crossed my mind, but it'd be nice to know, I'm sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

They've said it's going to be just items with stats.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I hate this term so much (even tho I do think it is kinda funny)...I read the definition of it on urban dictionary, now I can't help but picture it in my head when I read it.

Bou just posted some info on the front page, but there's nothing about tabards.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2011-08-20 at 02:15 AM.

Deleted
    Took me all of 3 seconds to check the screenshot of the Transmog UI on the homepage and see that there is no tabard slot.

Also tabards don't have stats.

I'm going with 100% positive you won't be able to Transmog them.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I hate this term so much (even tho I do think it is kinda funny)...I read the definition of it on urban dictionary, now I can't help but picture it in my head when I read it.
    And thanks for ruining it for the rest of us,

No sex-related posts please (Mogging).

I'd like to know this as well ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I'd like to know this as well ._.
    It's already been answered in this thread.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of transmogrifying a tabard? If you want x tabard, wear it. There's no stats, so it doesn't matter, unless you're wearing that AD or silver hand tabard, in which case you should wear them with pride.
    Kind of why vigilantism isn't a policy to be proud of. It's rather like trying to solve a rat problem by beating them to death with a live cobra.

Quote Originally Posted by sydazlir View Post
    What's the point of transmogrifying a tabard? If you want x tabard, wear it. There's no stats, so it doesn't matter, unless you're wearing that AD or silver hand tabard, in which case you should wear them with pride.
    My favorite tabard is "Tabard of the Lightbringer"--for obvious reasons--through there are several with either on-use effects or on-equip effects like reputation gain.

Many tabards don't nicely match any particular set of gear, including my previously mentioned favorite. Your choices are to forgo the on use effects/reputation gains/etc and wear something that more closely matches your gear or deal with the fact that you have to look a little more clowntastic while you're grinding reputation; like some sort of NPC hazing ritual.

While the argument "it's only looks, who cares?" is applicable, it ought to carry little weight when we're discussion a feature that is entirely about change appearances for aesthetic reasons.

I definitely saw that they'll be storable in Void Storage, but it never mentioned being able to transmogrify them. good thing they don't have stats and are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Must refrain from joking about mogging....

OT: They only allow stat items to be mogrified

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post

Bou just posted some info on the front page, but there's nothing about tabards.
    Oh dear...

Should probably stick to the front page.. If its not there, then we don't know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only items with stats can be transmogrified. No tabards have stats, so they can't be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sur ehope the abbreviation will become XMOG or just 'changed stats' after reading Urban Dictionary....

It has been rumoured a while back, I actually thought this might be what this facility was for:

http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=1892...ecting-tabards