Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    hardest for me is Shadow Priest, Destro Warlock, easiest well we all know that arcane mages are a 1button class so...
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2011-08-20 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdorian View Post
    easiet is arcane mage, 2 buttons at a time
    you never have played a good arcane mage then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weensie View Post
    Hardest to MASTER would probably be a warrior. Stance dancing is completely viable and requires many macros/weapon changes. This is coming from a PVP perspective of course. PVE rotations is a joke for all classes.

Easiest class would probably be paladin, specifically prot/holy. There's nothing to it.
    Seriously? Warrior is easiest to master, you don´t even have to stance dance anymore except for maybe disarm. Whats hard about just making a macro? Hardest to master would be rogue or hunter on dps side and disc priest on healer side.

I only speak from a PvP perspective, but the class easiest to play is holy pally, since LoS isn't a part of the class. Hardest depends on how you play, but for me the hardest class i've played is unholy DK, thoughvi didn't really get a chance to get a good feel for the class either...

Btw, you people saying warriors are hard, i would've agreed with you a year ago, but now they're really not anymore. Stancedancing is dead, tunneling is 95% of the game for us and the rest is made by two simple focus macros.
    Last edited by Lolzzor; 2011-08-20 at 11:43 AM.

Deleted
    Idk but i will say the hardest class to FULLY master in PvP is sub rogue. Its not that it has alot of macro's but its generally based on positioning/micro and timing.(also you have to know the enemy class and the various arena habits of each class.)

Arcane mage is the easiest by far.. it's basically mashing two keys for 95% of each instance run with the other 5% popping mirror image, arcane power etc.

AND, you get really high DPS for little work. I was shocked how easy it is to get high DPS on a mage compared to a shadow priest that arguably has to do more work.

Warlock - easiest

Hunter / rogue / mage - Hardest

PVP:

Hardest: Arms Warrior (by far: stance dancing for ability usage, weapon swapping macros to use things like Spell Reflect, and rage control on top of all of that, while keeping enemies in melee range and not getting kited)

Easiest: Retribution Paladin (No matter the skill they always do some devastating damage and are all hard to kill, plus if you get one that is skilled - good luck trying to kill it... unless you're a frost mage or hunter)

PVE:
    Hardest: Rogues (From my personal experience with dps classes rogues have to: watch their DoTs on the multiple enemies they're in combat with, keep up their own buffs, not get hit by anything as a melee class - which means death since anything in PVE pretty much insta-kills a rogue.

Easiest: Arcane Mages or Frostfire Mages

Quote Originally Posted by Aturbus View Post
    As a PvP lock, I have 40 keybinds (I use multiple times in an arena/BG, not included mounts or profession related items) and 13 warlock specific macro's.
    i have 50 keybinds and 19 macros on my Arms Warrior. Yet it's probably one of the easiest classes in the game to master atm.

Don't base your thoughts on macros / keybinds, seriously. It's dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post

Hardest: Arms Warrior (by far: stance dancing for ability usage, weapon swapping macros to use things like Spell Reflect, and rage control on top of all of that, while keeping enemies in melee range and not getting kited)
    Not true at all.

Stance dancing is dead. I actually removed berserker stance off of my bars. The only reason i switch stance is for shield block, spell reflect, intervene and disarm.

Weapon swapping isn't hard. I have a macro that i spam twice and it switches me to onehander and shield and spell reflects. Hard, right?

Rage control isn't hard easier. Rogues / ferals / hunters resource control is MUCH more difficult.

And, final point. About kiting. Warriors in Cata can be kited on demand with ease, theres no way to stop it , if a dk wants to fite you, he'll just run away from you (unholy 75% speed 24/7) if a rogue wants to slow you, he'll just shiv crippling poison onto you. If a mage wants to kite you, frost nova. There isn't a way to avoid it and its not being "skilless" or whatever if you don't. It's just the fact that its almost impossible to stop, which is why warriors are the most healer dependant class in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkster View Post
    warlock, hunter - probably hardest

warrior - definitely easiest

Played both warlock and warrior at 2.7+
    No, just leveled a hunter up to 85, geared it up and i`m owning quite alot of face in both BG`s, rated BG`s and arena, even with pretty terrible gear, it`s not hard at all

ez - arcane mage, there's nothing to master ffs
    hardest - i'd say warlock / hunter

Is there any reason why everyones saying warlock?

this is just down to everyones personal opinion and experiences, there is no "one hardest or easiest class to master"

they are all pretty easy if you play them ofc, nothing is hard, some classes just require a few more buttons

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Getting to know a class is fairly easy imo. But really mastring it (at the point you barely make mistakes in any situation) is hard.

Just to play to, say, 1800 rating? Frost mage easiest, and probably hunter as the hardest (as in, you still have to be really good with a hunter to even get to a fairly low rating).

Deleted
    In 3v3 arena I would say perhaps the hardest class is a hunter/rogue if you mean to play it perfectly. If you want proof of this go and watch reckful on youtube. I don't understand why so many people are saying locks are hard because really all they have to do is DoT up and fear people, on top of that if a lock isn't the highest damage in arena, it is a truly awful lock because of how easy it is to get a massive damage done.
    Warrior is now the easiest class to play due to all of the nerfs, with a now elongated cooldown to spell reflect warriors don't even have to incorporate it into their rotations anymore and they no longer have charge and intercept, just a short CD charge which makes it even easier. My main is a warrior and I miss the days when I actually had to stance dance to perform well. Now it's just sit in battle stance and global people. Ret pally is also extremely easy, it's literally blow all cds and mash Hammer of Wrath, crusder strike and Templar's verdict and can burst for an insane amount.
    Last edited by mmocc22662e93e; 2011-08-20 at 12:20 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eec003 View Post
    you never have played a good arcane mage then.
    ^^This

The actual rotation is easy, but for raids, you have to be able to time when is a good time to burst, when you can evocate, etc. I've only played my mage alt in heroics, so it's easy since I can usually just stay in the burn phase until the boss is dead. But I know it's different for raids. =P

Easiest for me in PvE is hands down Frost DK. Hardest.. honestly, I'm not sure. No class is really that hard to master. If I HAD to choose, I'd say maybe Warlock or Spriest?
    I am a filthy casual!

Demo warlock spec has more spells, keybinds and stuff to track than any spec of any class in the game that they actually use. If anyone wants to challenge this then give me a list of stuff you keep track of in your rotation and I will show you a bigger list.

Warlocks tend to destroy the meters when they are around, when you can find them that is... This is becuase only skilled players can use them without looking horrible on recount. Its the same way in pvp, they can be great in pvp if the person behind the screen is an excellent player but they will die horribly if a mistake is made.

I have all classes at 85, with multiples of some. I don't do that much PVP any more.

PVP:
    - Hunter, Lock, or non-trivial PVP with a PVE spec (i.e. arcane) would be hardest.
    - I find paladin, warrior & frost mage to be easy to play OK (though warrior + mage are hard to play exceptionally).

PVE:
    - You can play anything OK with a bit of practice. Many of the classes that are easiest to do OK on (i.e. Arcane Mage) are very unforgiving if you want to be exceptional
    - Disclaimer aside, the hardest would be any of the dotters - especially considering they tend to be much more buff/debuff synchronisation oriented. So Shadowpriest or Affliction. Can't speak for demo cos it's just about the only spec I haven't played. None of the healers are exceptionally hard to play mechanics wise, it's mostly awareness, but druid would probably be the hardest to play to its full capacity. Of the tanks I find warriors most awkward (not hard per se, just awkward, but that's enough to put them top of my list).
    - Easiest are probably hunters and rogues. I'm tempted to say mages, but they're very unforgiving of one minor slip up if you really want to perform whereas you can stuff up once or twice on a hunter/rogue without stuffing up the whole fight. Easiest healer is probably resto shaman or disc priest (but only marginally), easiest tank would probably be druid (tempted to say paladin, but they've actually got a lot of additional utility which most people don't/can't use).

All personal opinion, and all of these are going to be very relative. Truly good DPS rarely get their heads around tanking or healing, and vice versa (they're often ok, but a genuinely excellent DPS+tank/healer player is very rare). Good melee & range players tend to have a disconnect. Good PVP and PVE players tend to approach the other like their primary activity, and therefore only do reasonably at it (i.e. most PVPers have difficulty with large scale teams - cliche PVP healer move in PVE is to swap off their primary target to support someone else unnecessarily - and most PVEers lack the instinctive understanding of how all their abilities counter/compliment what's in other class's spellbooks).
    Last edited by lakhesis; 2011-08-20 at 12:24 PM.