Poll: Should blizz allow you to wear grey sets, like YEEE old Twill armor?

Thread: OMFG /rage quit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am happy with mogging as it is right now but I sure as hell hope they remove some of the restrictions like only gear with stats and only gear of the same armour class.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by lilbruz View Post
    Yeah, everything is so half-assed that they only have around 11.000.000 people playing their game !

How many are playing yours ?
    I wonder for how much longer you will be able to say 11.000.000 this number is rapidly declining. Also this whole argument of they have X number of players so they can't be wrong is just nonsense. Amount of people = something right is a invalid argument. More than 11.000.000 people around the world are using Heroin. Oh so are they right? or fools? If you look for comfort in numbers it only means you have no ability to think for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur View Post
    Club penguin is the way for you! You can have 14 colour penguins and even buy accessories so your penguin looks better!
    But can those accessories be transformed to look like other accessories while retaining their original stats and value?

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    One of these days I'm going to prove that it is impossible to please people who play MMORPGs
    I feel these forums and the official forums do a very nice job of doing so themselves.

Because its an optional feature, something which really should never have been introduced in the first place.
    It removes the entire point of any design spent on the armor or weapons, as questionable as some pieces might be.
    The desirability of many items is based on how they look, not their worth as a measure of difficulty.
    Therefore blizzard are catering to the vanity of players instead of fixing more fundamental issues with the game.
    Who cares if pvp is not balanced when you can strut around stormwind looking uber.

Get over it, and be grateful you are getting the choice at all.

Armor in many ways defines the class or role.
    There is good reason for limiting to the the same armor class.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2011-08-20 at 09:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marksman79 View Post
    But can those accessories be transformed to look like other accessories while retaining their original stats and value?
    It is even better because there are no stats! You can slide down the mountain and use your pure skill to win.
    "Only bad thing about internet quotes is that you never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Because its an optional feature, something which really should never have been introduced in the first place.
    It removes the entire point of any design spent on the armor or weapons, as questionable as some pieces might be.
    The desirability of many items is based on how they look, not their worth as a measure of difficulty.
    Therefore blizzard are catering to the vanity of players instead of fixing more fundamental issues with the game.
    Who cares if pvp is not balanced when you can strut around stormwind looking uber.

Get over it, and be grateful you are getting the choice at all.
    I agree with every single line except the last one. Yes it's a stupid feature, but if Blizz is going to introduce it then they should have done so with 0 restrictions so everybody could change their gear in anything they want. It's stupid to introduce such a thing if it's not done that way. Any complaints Blizzard gets they have brought onto themselves for introducing this feature. As optional as it is it's also 100% Blizzards descision to put it in the game so every complaint they get about it is also 100% deserved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blooddeity View Post
    Amount of people = something right is a invalid argument.
    This is very true. And also exactly why any mentioning of 300k or 900k loss of subscribers is invalid.
    After all, if the argument "X amount of people think Y, so Y must be true" is invalid, that should works both ways...

Which brings me to the next question. You asked me "why do you keep coming to the forums?" Given the fact that you canceled your subscription, made it very clear that you believe Blizzard is milking the game and you have nothing good to say for either the game or the company behind it: May I return you the very same question? And, to give you your own -solid- advice: "Might be a moment to take a bit of fresh air enjoy some sun"?

Now, excuse me while I go do the latter...

"Ive kept mine in the bank since i first aqquired it in 15 man UBRS runs, and im proud of it!

Should the blue posts rectify this announcement and allow the use of grey items in this homoginization move for WoW or keep it stream line and only allow epic items?"

COME ON GUYS, seriously?! He is trolling. It sticks out like a sore thumb with a bunch of blinking neon arrow lights pointing to it.
    Last edited by Marksman79; 2011-08-20 at 09:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    One of these days I'm going to prove that it is impossible to please people who play MMORPGs
    I agree to 100%, they can give everyone t12 heroic gear and 100000000 gold, but people will still complain about something

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    This is very true. And also exactly why any mentioning of 300k or 900k loss of subscribers is invalid.
    After all, if the argument "X amount of people think Y, so Y must be true" is invalid, that should works both ways...

Which brings me to the next question. You asked me "why do you keep coming to the forums?" Given the fact that you canceled your subscription, made it very clear that you believe Blizzard is milking the game and you have nothing good to say for either the game or the company behind it: May I return you the very same question? And, to give you your own -solid- advice: "Might be a moment to take a bit of fresh air enjoy some sun"?

Now, excuse me while I go do the latter...
    Well I am going to take my own advice and enjoy the sun today . But yeah it's not that I don't have anything good to say about the company Blizzard. If you would have crawled a little deeper in my post history you would have actually seen I support Blizzard for putting in the RMAH in Diablo 3 when other people were crying foul about that feature.

I just call things like they are. When I like something I will be honest, when I don't like something I will be honest as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    ...I sure as hell hope they remove some of the restrictions like only gear with stats and only gear of the same armour class.
    Couldn't disagree with this statment more. If the mogged armour is visible in PvP for example I don't want to ignore a healer because he's in full DK T9. It should definitely be restricted by armour and class. If you want to stand around looking like a special bus kid that's your affair but it should be in crap-stat vanity gear and not Herioc T13/season12 purpz mogged into a pilgrims set.

TBH I'd restrict it by rarity, purpz only mogged to purpz, blues only to blues etc. It's my opinion that epic gear should look epic not borderline retarded, I don't want my feeling of immersion ruined by "hilarious" 13 yr olds who want to tank in bunny ears.

Deleted
    As long as the items are the type of armor you wear (plate, mail, cloth etc) I don't see why not, but I honestly don't really care.

Deleted
    What they should have done was make transmogrification the ability to reduce an item to an enchantment which you could apply to any class specific armor you wanted.

Deleted
    the only thing I have a problem with is that it's per character and not accountwide.. I got rid of a lot of old tier items and sets because I didn't see the point in having them anymore, now I could have used them again.. but I have to farm for it.. ok no problem I'll farm for it and on one of these runs nothing or only 1 piece drops for my mage that im doing the farming on, but almost the whole set drops for my hunter.. and I can tell you know when I farm it on my hunter then afterwards none of those items will drop again! so much easier to farm with 1 character and then you can use all of the loot that drops, granted if you have every class and it is indeed of a set you would want but come on.. I don't mind paying the 1k gold per char but just give me access to the voidstorage accountwide (or just on 1 server so I can transmog items for other classes as well that have dropped while farming on my main)