Deleted

Recommend screenshot software

Hey, can anyone recommend a software for making screenshots that he has experience with? All I want from it is:

1) Allow me to have a keybind for taking screenshots
    2) Save the screenshot automatically to any folder (i.e. WITHOUT me confirming it every god damn time)
    3) I also don't want to select any part of the screen each time, nothing. Just save a plain screenshot of the entire screen.
    4) ???
    5) Profit

I tried google but most programs I found had something annoying built in them (something that goes against 2 or 3). I need to make screenshots of some stuff on the interwebz, like 2500 of them... So it doesn't need to work in game or anything.

Thanks.

press print screen, paste to paint?
    Works well for me.

WoW has a built in screenshot bind as well, it saves to the screenshot folder automatically.
    I am not sure what you are asking for ;p

In game screenies , or regular monitor screenshot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    I need to make screenshots of some stuff on the interwebz, like 2500 of them...
    Print Screen + MSPAINT + CTRLV + CTRLS + Pick location + Save... Versus Simply one keybind

MSPaint works well. However not 2500 times... Regular screenshots.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I can't remember since I have the full version, but I think that FRAPs does have screen shot functionality like you want in the free version.
    Last edited by Dakia; 2011-08-24 at 02:15 PM.

Deleted
    Fraps... awesome

Deleted
    Right, thanks... That's exactly what I need.

Download Irfanview.
    http://www.irfanview.com/
    It's capable of many many things - to much to name but the feature your after is multi snapshotting.
    Once you have the program open go to Options at the top, then "Capture Screenshot" ... or the shortcut is "C".
    In there you have options of what to snapshot, mine is set to 1 - full desktop. Set a hotkey on the right something that wont collide with general browsing (i use Alt + Insert).

The bottom part is the most important though if you want to review each picture one by one after taking them set it to "show captured image in main window".
    If not and you want to take a hundred pics and look at them later "Save captured image as file : ....."
    And create a destination folder just for these pictures, as well as the quality settings etc at the bottom.

Irfanview is also great for cutting, cropping, resizing, merging etc etc.
    Hope it helps.

Deleted
    Ehhh, i probably misunderstood your question but print screen does the exact same thing you want, it saves a screenshot in the wow folder of the entire screen without having to click anything except the button.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnalz View Post
    Ehhh, i probably misunderstood your question but print screen does the exact same thing you want, it saves a screenshot in the wow folder of the entire screen without having to click anything except the button.
    In WoW sure, in some games, sure, in everything? No.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    In WoW sure, in some games, sure, in everything? No.
    Yeah, some games inexplicably leave out automatic screen shot saves. I'll never understand why. To me, it seems like one of the most basic necessities that you just include.

http://code.google.com/p/zscreen/ is likely one of the more powerful and useful options.