Page 1 of 2
LastLast

People's thoughts on1024MB GTX 560Ti

Hey guys I am thinking about buying a new computer and have come up with a few ideas, I'm wondering what people experiences have been with the 560Ti
    and whether it has any big issues. Also, will a 600W power supply be enough for the card? the specs going with the 560 would be:

Intel Core i7 2600K Processor
    600W silent Modular PSU
    16GB DDR3 Memory
    Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P Motherboard

If there are any big issues with this build it would be a great help to let me know. Or if there are any obvious improvements that can be made but sticking in the same price bracket (which is £900-£1000)

All help would be appreciated

As long as your powersupply has around... what is it, 20A on the 12v rail? Then yeah, 600w will do.
    Or in other words, if those 600w aren't a load of bull it will usually be fine.

The 560ti is the most recommended graphic card due to the better price/performance ratio.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    As long as your powersupply has around... what is it, 20A on the 12v rail? Then yeah, 600w will do.
    Or in other words, if those 600w aren't a load of bull it will usually be fine.

The 560ti is the most recommended graphic card due to the better price/performance ratio.
    this, twice. WTB exact make/model of your PSU.

560 ti is a great card. Only thing I would change is the cpu: i5 2500k would be better suited to gaming unless you need the virtual threads that hyperthreading provides. Would also save you a good chunk of change

The 560Ti is a decent mid-range medium performance card.
    You will be pleased.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My 560 Ti has made me a happy man!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    The 560Ti is a decent mid-range medium performance card.
    You will be pleased.
    Hardly mid ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Hardly mid ranged.
    I'm confused by this. It's a mid-ranged card. It performs as such, and does the job well. I'm guessing your feelings were hurt.
    It's not high-end, it's not low-end, it lacks when actual strain is put on it, so it's not higher-end. It's mid-range. And does it beautifully.

Your system minus the GPU is pulling around 250 watts. Your gpu is probally pulling 200ish, rough guess as the 580 pulls 250ish.

The recommended PSU that manufacturers put out is for a really beefy system w/ raid and other devices, like sound cards, network cards etc..

I run a 580 on a 650W BFG PSU that was built in 2006. And have no issues.. It actually peforms better than my old psu that was 700 whats.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    It's a little above mid-range, but not quite into high end. The current range doesn't really have much in the midrange. It's either Low (e.g. GTS540), High (GTX570), or Extreme (GTX580/590). The 560Ti is about as close to midrange as we can get.
    I give you the GTX 460. Midrange, true def of it, IMO.

Wattage is often better to overlook in favour of getting a good look at the amp on the 12v-rail(s). And the GTX580 pulls closer to 215-222w, actually. 560Ti, I'm guessing 160-175w, closer to 175.

The video card is good, the ram I think is too much, 8 GB should be more than enough. I would also recommend the i5 2500k but if you just don't care about the money then sure 16 GB & i7 2600k is cool. You also have to make sure that your PSU has a single 12V rail.

Deleted
    I'm confused by this. It's a mid-ranged card. It performs as such, and does the job well. I'm guessing your feelings were hurt.
    It's not high-end, it's not low-end, it lacks when actual strain is put on it, so it's not higher-end. It's mid-range. And does it beautifully.
    Sorry for the slower reply.

To be honest, I wouldn't say a card that can play the latest games out on high settings with decent FPS a "mid ranged card". Just because there are pricey cards out does not somehow make it a worse card performance wise.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying its a super extreme blow-any-game-away card, I would put a card like the 460 at the mid range point - both at price and at performance.

Sorry for the off-topic btw OP

Wattage is often better to overlook in favour of getting a good look at the amp on the 12v-rail(s). And the GTX580 pulls closer to 215-222w, actually. 560Ti, I'm guessing 160-175w, closer to 175.
    Heh mine dosent sittin at 830mhz OC on i though. I pull alot more than 222W.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Sorry for the slower reply.

To be honest, I wouldn't say a card that can play the latest games out on high settings with decent FPS a "mid ranged card". Just because there are pricey cards out does not somehow make it a worse card performance wise.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying its a super extreme blow-any-game-away card, I would put a card like the 460 at the mid range point - both at price and at performance.

Sorry for the off-topic btw OP
    Then again, just because it can play these games at those settings doesn't automatically make it high-end. GTX X50/X60 is mid-range, GTX X70/X80 is high-end, GTX X90 is enthusiast
    Saying something is mid-range doesn't make it perform worse, it's just that current day GPU's are so powerful that they crank out high FPS regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Then again, just because it can play these games at those settings doesn't automatically make it high-end. GTX X50/X60 is mid-range, GTX X70/X80 is high-end, GTX X90 is enthusiast
    Yea. Before the DX11 upgrade, I was able to play Crysis2 on max settings with playable FPS with my GTX460.
    I bought my HD6970 just before the update, still playing highest settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Saying something is mid-range doesn't make it perform worse, it's just that current day GPU's are so powerful that they crank out high FPS regardless.
    I concur with this. My 6870 plays everything I throw at it at 40-60 FPS maxed out at 1920x1080... does that make it high-end? Like the GTX 560 Ti, my 6870 is a mid-range card, almost in the dead center, where the GTX 560 Ti is in the upper area of mid-range. It's still mid-range, but still a fantastic card (just like my 6870

Quote Originally Posted by wassam View Post
    Hey guys I am thinking about buying a new computer and have come up with a few ideas, I'm wondering what people experiences have been with the 560Ti
    and whether it has any big issues. Also, will a 600W power supply be enough for the card? the specs going with the 560 would be:

600W silent Modular PSU
    16GB DDR3 Memory

If there are any big issues with this build it would be a great help to let me know. Or if there are any obvious improvements that can be made but sticking in the same price bracket (which is £900-£1000)

All help would be appreciated
    Hmm for me personally I'd drop down the the i5 2500K, go up to a 650W power supply. 16GB of RAM is a bit overkill. 8GB as it is will rarely be utilized (correct me if I'm wrong). I don't know how much you'd save from doing that but if you have enough you could probably either get an Superclocked 560Ti or just jump straight to a 570. I'm building a gaming PC atm and because of my budget I'm sticking the an Superclocked 560Ti. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Genesisfury; 2011-08-26 at 03:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesisfury View Post
    go up to a 650W power supply
    There is absolutely no need for this. The computer he is planning to build, given the 560ti, will pull around 400W at absolute max load. A 600W is on the edge of being overkill, but might be a nice investment for future needs. Upping it to a 650W is only needed if he/she intends to SLI or crossfire.

The point about the RAM is spot on, same with the CPU. A 2500k performs equally in games compared to a 2600k. 16Gb RAM is also total overkill unless you plan to build a serious workbench with monstrous multitask capabilities.

As for the debate about the 560ti being a mid-range card: it is. Just look at the current line-up from Nvidia. What Asmekiel said is basically spot on.

Deleted
    To the OP: Yes, the Geforce GTX 560 Ti is a very potent and reasonably priced GPU. It should perform well in any single-monitor situation you put it.

About the OPs system: Assuming it's built for gaming...

600W silent Modular PSU
    16GB DDR3 Memory
    Drop the CPU down to a i5-2500K processor. It offers identical gaming performance at a significantly lower price.
    Make sure the PSU has the 80+ quality certificate.
    16 GB of DDR3 RAM is excessive. Half of that will easily suffice for any gaming related application you will launch in the next 3 years.
    No comment on the MB.

About the GPU: A Radeon HD 6950 might actually offer you a slightly more performance for roughly the same price. So if you don't need PhysiX, then you might want to consider it.