Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Baleroc 10m DPS question

I've got my Baleroc first kill yesterday after wiping around 15 times, I am a marksmanship hunter and my character can be viewed in this link:
    I can't post a link, but my RAP is 12498 (I also have a Fluid Death), I have just a bit more than 13% haste (1256 haste rating), 28.61% crit chance, 13.55 mastery rating which would be around 27-28% chance for Wild Quiver proc, I also have the 2nd t12 set bonus.

Note: For the particular fight, I used Aimed Shot instead of Arcane shot as a focus dump technique (ofc changed the glyph etc.)

I've done 27k DPS, I was the first one in terms of damage dealing by a great margin, but I still question if that is enough or not.

Raid setup:
    Protection Warrior
    Protection Paladin

Arcane Mage
    Shadow Priest
    Frost Death Knight
    Combat Rogue

2 x Holy Paladins
    Discipline Priest

Also had my wolf pet for the 5% crit buff.

Regards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your entire raid should be able to do 20k DPS on Baleroc, otherwise they won't kill it. It might sound a bit harsh, but if you can not get 20k DPS on a tank'n'spank (you only move one GCD every 30 seconds or so?), you should be gearing up or practising your rotation. 27k is very good on this fight, but if you use 5 DPS, the 20k requirement still stands. Now I don't know that much about hunters, but I do know that the hole between you and your fellow raiders should not be that huge.

Slightly off-topic: if your guild really can't improve the DPS, I would recommend running with 1 tank for that fight, as it is relatively easy, and what you should get used to anyways, if you ever plan on going for that fight on heroic (in the distant future)
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Slightly off-topic: if your guild really can't improve the DPS, I would recommend running with 1 tank for that fight, as it is relatively easy, and what you should get used to anyways, if you ever plan on going for that fight on heroic (in the distant future)
    Two, instead of 3 healing it is another option.

First of all, thank you very much for the answer.
    We did manage to kill it with a VERY little margin, like 5 seconds or so left on the enrage timer, we had our rogue over 20k and the rest were around 18k or so.
    We also tried the 1 tank tactic, but it seems that our healers are not ready to handle it yet.

1st no link to your toon 2ed 27k is good your not doing heroic or at lest u didnt say u are im a frost dw dk ilv 372 i do 26-33k on him kinda depins if your on shards or not if so kinda hard to keep dps up 1st got to get on it 2ed to get the hell away from it lol but over all your doing food dps i fight a hunter for top dps most of the time lol
    btw its not just dps its damage done over if u come in with 40k dps and die ya your have top dps but not damage done got to watch both
    Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Another suggestion might be to make sure your dps are pre-potting, flasked, 90 stat food, and lining up CD's for bloodlust. All very straightforward bu efficient dps increases.

I still cannot give a link to my character, because I need to post a few more times. I still await more opinions.
    As a sidenote, I do know that "its not just dps" but don't worry about it, I was alive during the whole fight and I was on the boss in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by firex View Post
    1st no link to your toon 2ed 27k is good your not doing heroic or at lest u didnt say u are im a frost dw dk ilv 372 i do 26-33k on him kinda depins if your on shards or not if so kinda hard to keep dps up 1st got to get on it 2ed to get the hell away from it lol but over all your doing food dps i fight a hunter for top dps most of the time lol
    btw its not just dps its damage done over if u come in with 40k dps and die ya your have top dps but not damage done got to watch both
    Please, at least try to use punctuation-It's so hard to read what you're trying to get across.

Your personal 27k dps is fantasitc, OP. As another poster stated-you're going to be needing to do 100k dps across the board to kill this boss efficiently in 6 minutes. If you're taking 5 dps-that's 20k each. One thing that my guild (server first heroic baleroc 10 man) found very useful was to bloodlust around 30%, when you're entering the execute phase. His HP just melts away.

Good luck to you. You'll have it on farm soon enough.

Food and flask were used, Heroism was given in the beginning of the fight, so were my two Rapid Fires in succession thanks to Readiness and my pet's Call of the Wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Koqo View Post
    Food and flask were used, Heroism was given in the beginning of the fight, so were my two Rapid Fires in succession thanks to Readiness and my pet's Call of the Wild.
    Might want to hold Lust until 30% or execute. Many peoples executes will destroy a bosses health.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcshiz View Post
    Might want to hold Lust until 30% or execute. Many peoples executes will destroy a bosses health.
    Will keep that in mind and tell this to raid leader next reset, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Koqo View Post
    I still cannot give a link to my character, because I need to post a few more times. I still await more opinions.
    As a sidenote, I do know that "its not just dps" but don't worry about it, I was alive during the whole fight and I was on the boss in that time.
    You can get around this just take off the http and WWW. just tell people

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rowbane/simple

---------- Post added 2011-08-27 at 03:36 PM ----------

I have enough posts now anyways :P

10+ Year Old Account
    We save lust for 25% exactly.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Damn, with that gear (including 2 pvp pieces) you're doing 27k on that fight? Teach my guild's hunter, our first kill so far he only did 18k. :/
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

27k sounds good to me. I think under 20k is a bit low, though I suppose it depends on gear level.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight View Post
    Damn, with that gear (including 2 pvp pieces) you're doing 27k on that fight? Teach my guild's hunter, our first kill so far he only did 18k. :/
    Those 2 PvP pieces are better than almost any ilvl 359 gear and even some firelands gear because of the +70 agi. Don't underestimate the stat difference and ilvl difference. I love when people don't let me do the pvp boss because I still have the pvp shoulders but some BiS heroic FL gear and then when I outdps them they whisper me "howd u that kinda dps with pvp gear?????????".

Well I can only speak from personal experience, we are running with 1 tank, 3 healers and 6 DPS. I am usually tanking in Firelands but for this particular fight I am going DPS though.

We are all doing 20-24k DPS, and we usually handle the shards having 4 DPS switching, and we blow our Heroism at approximately 30%
    Ansgar the Insane

Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    Those 2 PvP pieces are better than almost any ilvl 359 gear and even some firelands gear because of the +70 agi. Don't underestimate the stat difference and ilvl difference. I love when people don't let me do the pvp boss because I still have the pvp shoulders but some BiS heroic FL gear and then when I outdps them they whisper me "howd u that kinda dps with pvp gear?????????".
    Accurate reflection on the PvP gear, but i want to make an addition on this. If I were lucky with one of the head or shoulder drop for t11 hunter, I'd try them for the set bonus.

2 holy paladins and a disc!? ehhhhhh. That's not why you are wiping but ehhhhh