Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkeypuncher View Post
    I'm highly confused, are you asking about the legendary or the epic version from firelands?

Anyway, I'm also seeing a lot of ppl in this thread who clearly don't know how to read.

So, to cover all bases:

1. Legendary can't be used in a transmog(as source or recipient)
    2. 1h sword = 1h sword, 1h mace = 1h mace, 1h axe = 1h axe. See where this is going. NO YOU CANNOT make a mace look like a sword, or staff, or any thing else that isn't a mace, or vice versa. I don't expect this to change at all, even when some of the restrictions are lifted and the transmog process is refined. And furthermore, Blizz(in all their hinting) has never even slightly hinted that you would be able to change a mace(or anything else) into something that wasn't a mace(or anything else).
    Blizzard HAS stated that none of those restrictions are final and that they want input from players.

Personally i would like to know WHY there is a problem with a mace covering a sword
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    Since ferals use staffs only now, does that mean we cant transmog Sulfuron Hammer unless we were to use a Mace? Since 2h maces are strength/stam would that render this weapon useless for transmog?
    As of the patch, legendaries will be ineligible for transmog anyway, so the question is moot for now. It's possible that Blizzard will change that later, but don't get your hopes up.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes View Post
    Blizzard HAS stated that none of those restrictions are final and that they want input from players.

Personally i would like to know WHY there is a problem with a mace covering a sword
    The Ethereals lack the capability to transform a type of item to another type of item. It's the only logical reason.
    Last edited by MasterNewbie; 2011-08-29 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoticehunter View Post
    As of the patch, legendaries will be ineligible for transmog anyway, so the question is moot for now. It's possible that Blizzard will change that later, but don't get your hopes up.
    Sulfuron Hammer is not a legendary.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Since ferals use staffs only now, does that mean we cant transmog Sulfuron Hammer unless we were to use a Mace? Since 2h maces are strength/stam would that render this weapon useless for transmog?
    What you should be asking why does ragnaros look like TMNT ON fire WHY it bugs me
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

THE reason is because it can fuck with the melee combat animations whereas the transmoging of ranged weapons doesnt make too much of a difference. If they were to go with the 1h=1h or 2h=2h you could have fury warriors transmogged to look as tho they are duel wielding polearms and staves (because they could transmog those 2h swords into staves under that system) THIS IS WHY blizz are limiting the system in the way that they are. To not mess with animations AND to make sure there aren't too many ridiculous looking players
    Last edited by LordDios; 2011-08-29 at 01:40 AM. Reason: bolded for dummies

Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I don't quite understand this exception. The only reason I can think of restricting the weapons is because of racials, but there are gun and bow racials so that makes no sense.
    the reason they stated for this was so that dwarves can keep their racial benefit while using a quieter weapon.

this assumes two things though:
    1. that there are high ilvl guns available instead of xbows
    2. that dwarves would be caught dead using bows or xbows
    Ewok Sith Lords are all about Agility

Also this is the item that is being discussed: Sulfuron Hammer
    Not the frigging legendary - Its the BoE Epic Hammer that you can TURN INTO the legendary but NOT the legendary itself

Quote Originally Posted by LordDios View Post
    THE reason is because it can fuck with the melee combat animations whereas the transmoging of ranged weapons doesnt make too much of a difference. If they were to go with the 1h=1h or 2h=2h you could have fury warriors transmogged to look as tho they are duel wielding polearms and staves (because they could transmog those 2h swords into staves under that system) THIS IS WHY blizz are limiting the system in the way that they are. To not mess with animations AND to make sure there aren't too many ridiculous looking players
    1) Do you have any proof of this
    2) make it error if a Fury warrior tries to equip a weapon that is transmogged to a staff or polearm.
    3) What is ridiculous looking? If we remove DW polearms and staves what can you come up with that is ridiculous. Then think about the fact that most of those items were added to the game to be used as weapons/gear at those levels so blizzard intended for them to be silly.

---------- Post added 2011-08-29 at 01:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by themightysven View Post
    the reason they stated for this was so that dwarves can keep their racial benefit while using a quieter weapon.

this assumes two things though:
    1. that there are high ilvl guns available instead of xbows
    2. that dwarves would be caught dead using bows or xbows
    That really comes down to pot and kettle or good for the goose, good for the gander.

For example, how many paladins in the game(NPCs) have polearms equipped? Hell they just added in the Tauren Pally trainer in org in cata and he has a polearm.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    Absolutely agree, not like it makes any real difference.

Sorry but I agree with Blizz here, Legendaries should have unique graphics. I already see enough TF's and Glaives around in RP sets, I don't need to see them full time w/ people as their raid gear.
    Not all legendaries are unique. Sulfuron's hammer for example.

Pretty good we won't see thunderfury and sulfuras on a huge percentage of players. Brings some variety.

if u are playing feral u are either a bear or a cat soo u wont see transmog anyways :P if it to show of on city and crapp item will do it :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    The real question is why would any druid except a resto druid transmog anything at all. Waste of gold.
    why not, you done something tog et the gear

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    Absolutely agree, not like it makes any real difference.

Sorry but I agree with Blizz here, Legendaries should have unique graphics. I already see enough TF's and Glaives around in RP sets, I don't need to see them full time w/ people as their raid gear.

Awww someone butt hurt that they dont have a legendary to show off. Yeah thought so.

OT: does it matter seeing how you will be shapeshifted anyways?

Once a while back, Blizzard spoke on why they didn't want to add a display toggle for shoulder items like helmets and cloaks. Their answer was that it messed with the art style of the game, and they didn't want that. They don't want classes using armor types and weapons types they can't normally use for a similar reason - the art direction.

And a clothie wearing plate (or a plate class wearing cloth, or any other combination. Like rogues in dresses.) would look ridiculous and would homogenize appearances across armor and class types. That's not the art style they have stated that they want. And anyway, classes are homogenized enough as it is. They practically only look different these days. Not saying that I wouldn't want to use Polearms as a Warlock, but I understand how silly it would look and why Blizzard doesn't want it.

One more thing, why does it matter if you can't use Sulfurons Hammer as a transmog for Feral Druids anyway? You can't even see your weapons.
    Those who search for meaning in something will always find it - even if it's not there. Apophenia and pareidolia, gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    heres a question to ponder, do you know exactly how this new system works, form the inside and out, do u know all the technical limitations of it?, no the hell u do, just be thankful that this system is being implemented and go with the flow, blizz have said when it hits it will be very restricted, but as time moves on it may or may not lift these limitations.
    lol at the hostility in your post. Life gets better man, dont give up.

its kinda important to know if its worth farming for hand of sulf or not, which is the purpose of this thread.

and to the people discussing legendaries.. sulf hammer is just an epic.

I think I will continue to farm for it in hopes that they allow me to transmorg the mace into my staff
    Last edited by Trakanonn; 2011-08-29 at 04:54 AM.

If you're a feral you won't see your weapon, so why does it matter. If you just want it to stand around SW/org looking cool then why not just equip the actual thing since stats won't matter?
    I'm thinking this is a troll.
    DPS is Science ......Tanking is Skill........ Healing is Art.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    This thread is just pure fail. Who the fuck cares anyway? You ferals are in Cat / bear form 90% of the time anyway. Gtfo dude.

Quote Originally Posted by drumboy35 View Post
    If you're a feral you won't see your weapon, so why does it matter. If you just want it to stand around SW/org looking cool then why not just equip the actual thing since stats won't matter?
    I'm thinking this is a troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    This thread is just pure fail. Who the fuck cares anyway? You ferals are in Cat / bear form 90% of the time anyway. Gtfo dude.
    The number of rude posts on mmo-champions is amazing, Good job, you are stand up guys.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes View Post
    The number of rude posts on mmo-champions is amazing, Good job, you are stand up guys.
    Despite their tone, the posts still pose valid points. Since you generally won't be seeing gear during a standard PvE situation (raid/5-man, potentially questing) as feral, this leaves lurking in cities as the only certain place you will see your weapon for more than 5 minutes. Since you could lurk in a city naked and not negatively impact your performance, actually equipping the mace would be sufficient to achieve the desired effect.