How can I make WoW look better?

I couldn't decide if this should go here or general discussion. Either way here it is.

I already have WoW on it's complete fullest settings but I remember back in BC there was a macro
    something like this:
    /console farclip 777
    /console horizonfarclip 6226
    /console groundeffectdensity 256
    /console groundeffectdist 140
    /console smallcull 0
    /console skycloudlod 3
    /console characterambient 0

That made the game look even better. This is from 2007 so I don't know if it will still work and I don't feel like messing anything up if it doesnt.

So is there a new, verified, version of this? If anyone knows I would be much appreciated.

Try TweakWoW

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of those commands don't work anymore, or are, by default, implemented. However, there are newer commands to do things like that. I think the link Mordret posted has most of them, but I just kind of skimmed over it.

Actually, the CPU one is convenient. I don't know if things have changed, but WoW used to default to core 1; this is the primary core for your computer, and EVERYTHING is running on it. Being able to tell WoW to load on another core could have a positive impact on your game, as well as let you kick the graphics up a bit more.

Unfortunately, I don't think WoW's engine can tolerate having 'everything' set to max. I have an i5 2500k processor, 12GB of RAM, and two 570s in SLI. I've tried max'ing everything I can, and in so doing can't keep my FPS above 40 in town. (Have also tried it with one card, since WoW doesn't play very nicely with SLI, didn't change all that much.) Granted, there isn't much difference between 'ludicrous' level, and a level that still looks amazing but your computer can handle, so it's not really that big of a deal. The only way WoW could REALLY look better is a higher resolution for their textures, and that's not something we as players can do, they're have to do it on their end.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2011-08-29 at 08:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a macro simmilar to that, that I use. We're probably talking about the samething. I think the only thing I noticed was more ground clutter, a lot more. Meaning - more grass, A LOT MORE GRASS! Does look nicer though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

There also is this sticky thread about it

4.0+ - Maximum Graphic Settings!

I recommend TweakWoW aswell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
    There also is this sticky thread about it

4.0+ - Maximum Graphic Settings!
    Meh, nobody reads stickies.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Stickies in other section of forum are hard to read

This one is in Computer section for some strange reason.

"You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Mordret View Post
    Stickies in other section of forum are hard to read

This one is in Computer section for some strange reason.
    hmm wtf .. why did it get moved to another forum?!

Deleted
    I still see it in I&M.

I still see it in I&M.
    And most people don't, thats why it is confusing.

Deleted
    Weird. I'll pass this on.

Actually, it seems I moved that thread while half asleep since we decided that I&M has too many stickies. There's a link to it in the guide list sticky though.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-08-29 at 08:01 PM.

I moved it to Computer about a 6 days ago with a 1 week expiring redirect, and let the thread OP and all 4 of the Comp mods know.

I guess they chose not to re-sticky it there so it has become kind of lost in the interwebs.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Ah, you did the move, that explains why I couldn't recall moving it.