Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well the price of the orb is dependent on your server, peronally I think your doing fine, however if you feel the gold your recieving doesnt match the time put into gathering up the price.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you feel like you're being taken advantage, and you're not making any money-- they either stop what you're doing or change what you're doing.

You've gotten a ton of good advice here, I will add though-- pay attention to what others are charging for orbs, and charge accordingly-- or just make your magic happen in another way.

Quote Originally Posted by shadey81 View Post
    basically I charge 150 gold a chaos orb and I have the molten front plans so lately there's a bit of demand for blacksmithing.

I've never received a tip so basically I make an epic 365 level item, they supply the materials and i get maybe 750 gold.

for the time it takes to farm 5 chaos orbs it's not worth it considering I have to go farm heroics I need nothing from heroics so to get 5 orbs i'll have to run 7 maybe 8 heroics if I don't win the orb roll. A heroic takes maybe up to 40 mins if I get some newbs which often happens which extends my time by wiping.

it's really a waste of my time for so little return

I guess what I should be doing is making the item myself buying the mats like truegold and putting it up on the auction house for like 15k right?
    [IMG][/IMG]

Lastnight I was asking in trade if a black smith could make the 2h bs weapon and someone wanted 2.5k even though I said I have the mats. Is it just me or does that sound a bit retarded?

Edit post: I also have the 5 orbs.
    Last edited by borinaria; 2011-08-30 at 12:23 PM.

Yes your definitely being taken advantage of. On my realm I charge 600g an orb for a couple of reasons... 1. there hard to come by 2. My buyer wants the gear and wants my time spent more so than my skill in making an item.

Gold changes hands very freely today because there is a lot of it going around so I figure I might as well get some of it while the getting is good. Eventually they will give
    the people receiving chaos orbs the shaft just like they did enchanters with the DE option as part of a dungeon group because people not getting them will finally QQ enough and blizzard will satisfy the masses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by borinaria View Post
    Lastnight I was asking in trade if a black smith could make the 2h bs weapon and someone wanted 2.5k even though I said I have the mats. Is it just me or does that sound a bit retarded?

Edit post: I also have the 5 orbs.
    Yeah you sound a bit retarded :P

Well I personally think 2,5k for 5 Orbs and the Pain of doing that silly Dailys is definitly worth 2,5k it's 500g per Orb which you have to run 5 man for and still need to win.

I don't sell the Weapons, I only craft Fireland epics and demand 700-900g per Orb.

And as I needed the melee DPS Plate boots, I payed 1k per Orb.

If you read my edit I said I have the 5 orbs
    Last edited by borinaria; 2011-08-30 at 12:34 PM.

People who are selling think the orbs are worth more. People who are buying think the orbs are worth less. If your server will support a higher cost, get it... if it won't, maybe you're doing as well as you can already.

FWIW, the 365 weapons are dirt cheap on my server... so are the orbs. Imagine if they were not BoP?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by borinaria View Post
    If you read my edit I said I have the 5 orbs
    You still sound a bit retarded, considering orbs are BoP and for a BS to make you a weapon, you need HIS soulbound orbs.

No, you are not being taken advantage of. You offer your services and materials for a bargain, obviously people are going to use that. Not their fault, its not like they force you to do it.

Check the AH for what the item would sell there. Take the price of mats, excluding Chaos Orbs. Reduce the AH price with the mat price and whats left, divide by the nr. of Chaos Orbs and thats a rough estimate of what your Chaos Orb is worth. This varies greatly between servers. But 400-500g is the most common price range.