Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Paladain , Warlock , Mage , Hunter What to choose!?

So I play alliance and have for many years. But after the last few months Ive been thinking of playing a pvp toon on the horde side. My main is an ELE shaman and my alliance PvPer is a DK. That leaves me with a Pally , Hunter , Mage and Warlock.

Im torn on which one to xfer to horde.

Pally- Not sure
    Mage- So far my top choice but cannot be a tauren ><
    Hunter- Second Choice
    Lock- My DK smashes locks , so Not too sure. Also heard they are a little underpowered atm.

Any thoughts or advice would be great man. Its also not really about "pick the funnest one" They are all fun. Thanks
    Last edited by TDevine; 2011-08-29 at 04:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mage.

Just roll with mage

Mage

Did I mention how easy it is as a mage?

Arcane = 1-1-1 dead.

Frost = Too much damage,To much control plus 1-1-1 dead

Fire = Spam scortch till it procs pyroblast then but combustion on for tons of damage.

Did I mention mage?

So I think you're thinking a mage eh? They have so much survivability it seems as frost also !

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you talking Arena, RBGs, or just regular BGs?
    Which spec were you considering for your Paladin?
    Which classes do you like to murder the most?
    If arena, what partners do you have lined up to run with?

Quote Originally Posted by Juri View Post
    Mage.

Just roll with mage

Mage

Arcane = 1-1-1 dead.

Fire = Spam scortch till it procs pyroblast then but combustion on for tons of damage.

Did I mention mage?
    you really dont know mage, again....Your trolling or just being real dumb, growing old of this crap over and over.
    <User infracted for trolling/flaming>
    Last edited by Stanton Biston; 2011-08-29 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Are you talking Arena, RBGs, or just regular BGs?
    Which spec were you considering for your Paladin?
    Which classes do you like to murder the most?
    If arena, what partners do you have lined up to run with?
    Excellent questions. Im more of a RBG kind of guy , but also likes Arena. My buddy is bringing his Priest. I was actually gonna go Ret/Prot with my pally as a flag carrier/DPS. I like to murder all classes also

Mage.

Just roll with mage

Mage

Arcane = 1-1-1 dead.

Did I mention mage?
    Yup pretty much mage...that's about it....just roll with a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Eec003 View Post
    you really dont know mage, again....Your trolling or just being real dumb, growing old of this crap over and over.
    Aww a mage is offended at how easy his class looks

Mage.

Just roll with mage

Mage

Arcane = 1-1-1 dead.

Did I mention mage?
    Troll.

10 char
    <User infracted for minor spam>
    Last edited by Stanton Biston; 2011-08-29 at 04:46 PM.

Pure, Alliance Turalyon EU 8/8 25 HC

Look at all the offended mages lolololol.

Can't take how easy your class is?
    <User infracted for minor spam>
    Last edited by Stanton Biston; 2011-08-29 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiva View Post
    Yup pretty much mage...that's about it....just roll with a mage.

Aww a mage is offended at how easy his class looks
    Or tired of ignorance about class mechanics that seems to show up in nearly every god damn thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TDevine View Post
    Im torn on which one to xfer to horde.
    Any thoughts or advice would be great man. Its also not really about "pick the funnest one" They are all fun. Thanks
    1. these kinds of threads are not allowed.
    2. Yes, it really is about picking the funniest one. Fun being whichever you're actually good at. I can say "Pick warlock, they're awesome because I do awesome stuff" but you can't figure out how to actually play a warlock. So you suck at it. And sucking is not fun (not THIS kind, at least)! So really, pick what YOU want to play, not what WE tell you is good FOR US!

Deleted
    Go with mage, it's really good and fun. Don't go with warlock, no matter how good they are performing in 3v3 atm, they are incredicly boring to play in arena, unless Destro becomes viable.

Deleted
    got a hunter for main , its fun with all the pets , got a dk alt fun to but not my main more the melee alt:P , got a mage as alt aswell alot of fun to play but ye op...doing loads of dmgs as a frost and also as fire.. got a enha shaman , and they rock but shaman aint my class..got a holy pala to but healing aint my thing for pvp but its a great class thats it

roll with hunt is my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    1. these kinds of threads are not allowed.
    2. Yes, it really is about picking the funniest one. Fun being whichever you're actually good at. I can say "Pick warlock, they're awesome because I do awesome stuff" but you can't figure out how to actually play a warlock. So you suck at it. And sucking is not fun (not THIS kind, at least)! So really, pick what YOU want to play, not what WE tell you is good FOR US!
    Why are these threads not allowed? Im just asking for pros/cons from my peers and fellow gamers. Dont see any harm being done with my thread.

If your intent is to PVP, do NOT choose the hunter -- that's my only real advice. Warlocks aren't underpowered in arena (don't know about RBG). Holy paladins are arguably the 2nd best healing class in PVP. Frost mages are deadly until you get to higher ratings where reliable dispells are commonplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiva View Post
    Look at all the offended mages lolololol.

Can't take how easy your class is?
    Don't comment on how easy classes are if you don't play them.

Arcane, just like every spec/class is difficult as you start (It's completely different from other specs). And as every spec/class arcane becomes easy once you're used to it. It's all about experience.

Also, in the end. I would say every class is easy to play but difficult to master. Don't judge a spec on what other trolls say, troll.

Pure, Alliance Turalyon EU 8/8 25 HC

Deleted
    Why are these threads not allowed? Im just asking for pros/cons from my peers and fellow gamers. Dont see any harm being done with my thread.
    From the forum guidelines that you should read before posting (that's how it's titled, not my idea!):

13.6.2. Pointless threads
    "Which class should I roll?" is a frequently reoccurring thread.

There is no real discussion to be had about which class any individual should play. This is a very personal decision and all anyone can really do is post their personal favourites over and over again.

If you wish to find out more information about specific classes, feel free to browse our Class Forums. You can also try to use the forum's search function if you have a specific question about a class.

Other examples of pointless threads include, but are not limited to:

Which race should I roll?
    Which faction is better for me?
    Which is the best PvE/PvP/... realm?
    Looking for RAF partner
    So there you have it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Excellent questions. Im more of a RBG kind of guy , but also likes Arena. My buddy is bringing his Priest. I was actually gonna go Ret/Prot with my pally as a flag carrier/DPS. I like to murder all classes also
    First let me address the mage response from earlier:
    Arcane: In Arena you will die. Might as well dig your own grave. In RBGs (assuming behind meat shield) you can do INSANE amounts of damage and drop people like rocks. However if practically anyone decides to fixate on you, good luck. You'll need it.
    Fire: Incredible peeling power, good damage when combustion is up, not very effective against healers though. High skill cap and a bit of luck with the random number generator. Also underrepresented in higher end Arena, but from my own experience very valuable in RBGs.
    Frost: Yikes... I'd recommend frost if you went mage. Although I find fire more fun, frost can do some massive damage while still staying alive.

My priest personally runs with both a Feral Druid and a frost mage, and both seem to be excellent. As a Priest in PvP I've found Retribution Paladins to be very deadly when their cooldowns are active (That burst is WOW!) but not a big threat in Arena otherwise. Prot paladins are annoying as hell but don't do enough damage to drop me. Still, the constant silence and interrupts basically shut me down if played right.

With a proper group I can see you going furthest in Arena as a Warlock
    With a decent amount of skill I can see you going furthest in RBGS as a Fire Mage
    With proper timing I can see you being a complete douche to healers as a Prot Paladin
    Pesky Frost mages killing you? Not as a hunter they won't.

Keep in mind that much of what I wrote is based off of personal experience. I am definitely not the ultimate authority on this. However I do exclusively PvP now adays.

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    First let me address the mage response from earlier:
    Arcane: In Arena you will die. Might as well dig your own grave. In RBGs (assuming behind meat shield) you can do INSANE amounts of damage and drop people like rocks. However if practically anyone decides to fixate on you, good luck. You'll need it.
    Fire: Incredible peeling power, good damage when combustion is up, not very effective against healers though. High skill cap and a bit of luck with the random number generator. Also underrepresented in higher end Arena, but from my own experience very valuable in RBGs.
    Frost: Yikes... I'd recommend frost if you went mage. Although I find fire more fun, frost can do some massive damage while still staying alive.

My priest personally runs with both a Feral Druid and a frost mage, and both seem to be excellent. As a Priest in PvP I've found Retribution Paladins to be very deadly when their cooldowns are active (That burst is WOW!) but not a big threat in Arena otherwise. Prot paladins are annoying as hell but don't do enough damage to drop me. Still, the constant silence and interrupts basically shut me down if played right.

With a proper group I can see you going furthest in Arena as a Warlock
    With a decent amount of skill I can see you going furthest in RBGS as a Fire Mage
    With proper timing I can see you being a complete douche to healers as a Prot Paladin
    Pesky Frost mages killing you? Not as a hunter they won't.

Keep in mind that much of what I wrote is based off of personal experience. I am definitely not the ultimate authority on this. However I do exclusively PvP now adays.
    Very well put together , thank you.
    Last edited by TDevine; 2011-08-29 at 04:26 PM.

Deleted
    I believe I put "Any thoughts or advice"
    Which is basically saying "what should I roll?". Sorry, but that's really what it is. The guidelines are just that, guidelines, and can't cover every way of asking for what to roll. so it sums it up using the basic line "Which class should I roll?". And even if you only ask for thoughts and advice, all we can ever do is say "I like this, I'm good at that, pick it!". But as I also posted earlier, YOU may not like this, YOU may not be good at that, so YOU shouldn't pick it. That is how most of these threads end.