Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post
    Tihr, I have a question for you!

2 healers can be on the first shard soaker. Spriest stacks to 20, disperse and win. FH+PW:S spam during timewarp and I can get 90-100 stacks before I have to start tank healing again. We use a paladin tank for LoH on this (survivability for those 20 sec without a healer) but a druid could probably do it too (this is one job I don't think dk would perform as well for). Overall for the length of the fight pally is probably a weaker tank here than druid and dk might be best for deci (deathstrike is the best out that any tank has here, LoH is good but we have to use it right at the start).

Anyway that's all beside the point. Basically the tank needs heals again by the time the first crystal is gone. By the time the first soaker reaches 20, healing is getting pretty hectic: without CDs, each tick is doing 80k dmg before resists. Means he absolutely needs at least one heal per tick, and if the healers are in a bad stride the soaker could die without the use of a raid cooldown.

Now, how exactly do you line up your raid cooldowns so that the second soaker can take a whole crystal without 2 healers? Or, how do you arrange things so that your tank can survive that first minute without any direct healing?

Most obvious answer I can think of is pally tank healing for 2nd shard with beacon on soaker.

I'd love it if you could help me with this I have access to:
    aura mastery, hand of sacrifice, the spriest's divine hymn for 10% healing, Divine Guardian, LoH, Ardent Defender, Rallying Cry, and Dispersion. Only option for 2nd soaker is a druid with survival instincts/HoS/DG (rallying cry would interact in interesting ways here strengthening hand of sacrifice by a great deal)
    I'll PM you later. Are you raiding 10 or 25?

raiding 10. Feels like we would need to save the majority of our cooldowns for 2nd soaker if we switched to this strat.

Deleted
    For the OP Zakaluka pretty much said the same as I would, so I'll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post
    <snip>
    I'd love it if you could help me with this I have access to:
    aura mastery, hand of sacrifice, the spriest's divine hymn for 10% healing, Divine Guardian, LoH, Ardent Defender, Rallying Cry, and Dispersion. Only option for 2nd soaker is a druid with survival instincts/HoS/DG (rallying cry would interact in interesting ways here strengthening hand of sacrifice by a great deal)
    I'm not Tihr but will give my input in case you havn't got a PM already.
    I'm blessed with two shadowpriests and a feral druid and here's how we do it.

1st crystal: Feral druid soaking both healers healing him. Around 10 stacks, Barksin, Bear Form, Frenzied Regeneration, at 14 stacks Survival Instincts and at 16 Mirror or AM. You can use Pain Supression at the end aswell f you still feel it's hard to keep him up altough it shouldn't be needed. Bloodlust during this crystal. We do use LoH on the tank during the first crystal to be able to keep both healers healing the first soaker for as long as possible. First Blade ability will be used at 20 stacks, so it's a bit of a feeling if a healer is needed to leave healing the soaker and swap to the tank. Depends on the tanks Cd's for that first ability. I doubt you can make the tank survive a whole minute without heals though. But one crystal is perfectly doable (25 seconds) just make sure the tank is at 100% with shields/Pom/Hots/whatever you have when the first crystal spawn.

2nd crystal: Shadowpriest with one healer. Hand of Sacrifice at 12 stacks and Dispersion at 20. Power infusion during this crystal

3rd crystal: Shadowpriest with one healer. Glyphed PW:B at 12 stacks or Pain Supression and Dispersion at 20. If you have shard of Woe pop it here.

This gets me to 250-300 stacks and makes healing a breeze from here. I know you only have 1 shadowpriest but if you do the same on crystal 1 and 2 and then share the 3rd crystal between 2 dps (ret, war, lock, dk can take the first 15 stacks) you should be able to hit 200+ stacks.

For power healing (flash heal/shield spam) on 3 full crystals does require a bit of mana management, at least for me in low spirit gear. But Fiend + hymn between crystal 1 and 2 and potion of concentration between crystal 2 and 3 makes it perfectly doable.

Well, went with some haste and crit and it is maybe luck, but tonight we finnaly got ryolith HC down

Quote Originally Posted by Dujith View Post
    Been playing this game for a long time and most of that time as a Disc priest.
    Now with many many patches further i'm concerned that i'm losing sight of what "good" and "bad" stats are.

Sites like Elitistsjerks are ussualy not that big of a help since they are outdated atm or focus on BiS gear.

So i call upon my fellow Disc priests on how to improve / reforge certain stats and or plainly wrong picked gear i got on

Armory link Dujith

Thnx in advance.
    At no point ever no matter what will you reforge spirit to anything...you have reforged 808 spirit O.O

Recently retired from raiding heavily as college classes are in the way but
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Pinkqt/simple

yes im a jackass missing a Chimera's eye

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    At no point ever no matter what will you reforge spirit to anything...you have reforged 808 spirit O.O

Recently retired from raiding heavily as college classes are in the way but
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Pinkqt/simple

yes im a jackass missing a Chimera's eye
    Clearly you retired and havent been keeping track... Ive been reforging spirit away for some time now simple because at higher gear lvl your regen doesnt come from spirit it comes from rapture + replenishment... Even with haste heavy build i'm able to sit at 1900 spirit ( haste build makes you get more out of Hymn of hope aswell)

Id love to see this armory, rapture will not keep you at full mana or even decent when raid healing. It's a nice addition to your spirit however as a healer you donot reforge your spirit especially not nearly 1000.

Id love to see this armory, rapture will not keep you at full mana or even decent when raid healing. It's a nice addition to your spirit however as a healer you donot reforge your spirit especially not nearly 1000.
    Disc priests are largely played independent of spirit at this point (moreso in 25 than 10). Especially with AA spec the regen nearly all comes from rapture + AA + raid replenishment. When religated to raid healing on my disc priest, I spend a substantial amount of time casting, thereby diminishing the effect of my already low spirit. Honestly, the only time I actually feel like I have time to let my (low) spirit tick away is when tank healing, and even then I'd rather spend that time HF/Smiting buffering to keep my tank topped off and have stacks for AA.
    Last edited by Garganchewin; 2011-09-02 at 02:38 PM.

You can survive as a disc priest with less than 2K spirit in FL gear, so many CD's to use to make it happen, Inner focus, Power Infusion, Shadowfiend, Hymn of Hope, Potion of Concentration (if you have the time) or mana pot, if you're AA/A spec AA gives you a tiny bit but nothing to make it really warranted but the healing boost is nice and then if you're a BE Arcane Torrent. Question is with all those CD's and you should be getting Rapture on CD, how can you run out of mana as a Disc Priest? The only time I do run out is on Majordomo but that's because most of my time healing is spent with PoH instead of GH to get my IF off CD faster. Rapture alone won't keep your mana up but if you're using your CD's wisely, and you should, then mana is no issue for a Disc priest with less than 2K spirit.

Dujth took me a bit literally. The example I gave, 1800 spi was an extreme case using efficient secondary stats (crit and mst). He's lower in spi right now than I would go with his current stat priority, and he has lots of haste. I don't know if that setup would work for me. It depends on him.

You probably just haven't been exposed to this idea yet (getting the lowest spirit you possibly can). After your average int is high enough for rapture to be a large net mana gain, reforging spirit off is in fact a good option. Let me demonstrate:

On a recent boss kill:

Domo (6:38 or 6.63 min)
    Rapture returned a total of 173946 mana.
    Or, 26235 mana per minute
    There are (12) 5 second periods per minute
    So on this fight rapture equated to 2190 mp5

My combat regen is 2600 mp5, so I'm getting about 4800 mp5 from rapture+spirit.
    this is a bit more than what I used to get as holy with darkglow/heartsong, sitting at 3200 spirit after chakra flow!

This alone isn't enough to make a comparison. PW:S has a cost. Rapture is significantly larger than this cost, but getting it forces you to spend some mana. That mana spent certainly isn't wasted, though - but it has mediocre effic. The deciding factor for 'how low should my spirit be' is some other questions - how much mana are you dumping just because you can? How much mana are you ending fights with? If either answer is significantly larger than zero you could sacrifice some regen for throughput stats.

I currently have 700 spirit reforged to a mix of stats. Can I sustain this? Absolutely, but not only that, any additional spirit would be wasted. more hst or mastery equals more additional healing for me than spi does.

Djuth has lower spirit than I think I could get away with, especially prioritizing haste. But, the idea is the same.
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2011-09-02 at 05:08 PM.

I would like to suggest a healthy balance between mastery and haste. As of last week i've been trying this new build out. I maintain around 15-16 mastery rating and keep a solid 1500 haste rating. I still prioritize haste, I gem and enchant for it. However; I do not reforge any mastery out, all I do is just reforge the spirit out of the pieces with mastery as a second stat into haste. My playstyle is also a mix between how one would heal with full mastery or full haste. I throw out 2-3 PW:S on my group and then fill up the group with POH, which is still a 2.1 cast with the 5% spell haste buff.

As a reply to the shocked posts: i like to try out stuff. I'm less about theory crafting and more about going and finding out 1st hand.
    As for now i'm not going oom, and i benefit of the extra haste specialy in spider HC encounter! i'll prob switch at some point for a specific fight but right now its fun, can even do HC with idiots not using CC or interupts. :P

Deleted
    I personally wouldnt go as low as 1k spirit.
    but i could prolly go as low as 1500 but since use Shadow for OS from time to time and i really cba reforging all the time. So i balance my spirit so i'm still capped for Shadow

anyway here is my armory link that you requested (no too much spirit reforged since i went with a few items with no spirit) http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...heals/advanced

I'm currently using the Shadow chest since i dont have 4 set and i like the haste instead of the mastery (atleast until i get shoulder/head for 4set)

^^ he meant i nearly reforged 1k spirit 808 to be exact, i'm at 1780ish atm