Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    Does it matter? Does it really puzzle you that much? 4.3 will be on ptr when its ready, not when you want it to be there.
    That's not really what he was getting at. Why do we need the test servers for such a minor patch, and who the hell will test half of those changes anyway? Who would go to the PTR with their raiding guild, just to test the hit box in the final phase of HC rag? Infact the real ID changes can't be used on the PTR anyway.

The point is, this PTR is ... strange, and effectively pointless. They have changed more than this on-the-fly without the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by comasutra View Post
    This is full of derp! Sorry this comment makes no sense. Read the notes again.

---------- Post added 2011-08-30 at 08:46 PM ----------

Hey cease, explain how this is nerfed please. Thanks. /palmfacepalm

Not sure if serious, but: The size of Ragnaros' hit box during the final phase of the Heroic encounter has been increased.

Is this not a nerf? Am I the crazy one here?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cease View Post
    Not sure if serious, but: The size of Ragnaros' hit box during the final phase of the Heroic encounter has been increased.

It practically just means that Melees can stand further away from the boss and still hit him. It might indirectly be a slight nerf, because it's easier for meeles to dps the boss, but I doubt that this makes any difference in this encounter.

im surprised that there no extended maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    That's not really what he was getting at. Why do we need the test servers for such a minor patch, and who the hell will test half of those changes anyway? Who would go to the PTR with their raiding guild, just to test the hit box in the final phase of HC rag? Infact the real ID changes can't be used on the PTR anyway.

The point is, this PTR is ... strange, and effectively pointless. They have changed more than this on-the-fly without the PTR.
    People whine and complain when there is a PTR.
    People would whine and complain if there wasn't and a bug was found.

Blizzard can't win. Quit complaining about things that don't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by cease View Post

Probably. This change won't be the make or break as to whether or not people down him. Just because something is changed doesn't mean it's a nerf.

All I can say is this.. We will get smaller but more patches instead of larger content ones every now and then........ OK.... looks for class changes, looks for real fix's.... Not seen this happening yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pikezeppelin View Post
    What about Warlock pet bar constantly disappearing after entering the instances? They did PTR testing for this? >.< Idiots.
    Yeah that one is annoying. You can prevent the problem by first dismounting before entering an instance though. The problem is only when you're on a flying mount and your pet is in limbo.

It's part of the pet problems we got, like pets not running at max mount speed when you enter combat for whatever reason, after they reenabled pets sticking around when mounted. They disabled that years ago *because* of the problems we have now. My guess is that they reenabled it because they couldn't fix the low hp of the pet after dismounting (gets back up to max after a sec, but the initial low hp is enough in RBG to be royally screwed). But that's just speculation.

I for one would love the wotlk style pet limbo on any mount back. The 1 sec low hp I can live with. Disappearing pet bars and pets lagging behind when mounted are just plain annoying.

Launcher showed updated till hour ago(3 PST), now downloading 473MB....

We've redone AV several times throughout the years
    Uhhh, Blizzard redid it ONCE. Tweaks, balance fixes, additional brackets, less dismounts, etc., don't count. Removing most of the NPCs was the only "redo" that had any real impact.

a client-side patch and the dam crossbow still sounds like a gun and mandible of beth'tilac still keeps reverting its reforge. this is very annoying. oh and the first thing i noticed when i logged on was a missing pet bar ><

Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy View Post
    a client-side patch and the dam crossbow still sounds like a gun and mandible of beth'tilac still keeps reverting its reforge. this is very annoying. oh and the first thing i noticed when i logged on was a missing pet bar ><
    No way... second client patch (4.2 -> 4.2a -> 4.2.2) since Firelands released and IT STILL SOUNDS LIKE A GUN??

Please tell me that is not true... it really grinds my gears having to hear that freaking gun sound... it coming from a crossbow just makes it worse (and yes, I prefer having sounds on, tyvm)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post

"They should have tested 4.3 during this period of testing 4.2.2"

Thats all he was saying, why waste time with a bug patch on the ptr instead of releasing 4.2 on the ptr. If 4.3 isnt ready then it cant be tested, complaining about the bug patch being on the ptr isnt going to make 4.3 magically come sooner.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Why why why did they nerf the look of Power torrent enchant!? Why!!!

edit: thank god, it was just on the charscreen not ingame lol! sorry.
    Last edited by Crawor; 2011-08-31 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by toddiuszho View Post
    Uhhh, Blizzard redid it ONCE. Tweaks, balance fixes, additional brackets, less dismounts, etc., don't count. Removing most of the NPCs was the only "redo" that had any real impact.
    So I guess pushing the Horde starting location way closer to their base doesnt count

Deleted
    Theres a lot more changes then they write down. As you know Blizzard rarely reveals all the changes. IE. check your Unheeded warning, and ask why didn't that display that change? :/

Thats so lame of developers, that they're doing this hidden changes every patch, and player have to "discover" them.

Quote Originally Posted by Narraxus View Post
    Theres a lot more changes then they write down. As you know Blizzard rarely reveals all the changes. IE. check your Unheeded warning, and ask why didn't that display that change? :/

Thats so lame of developers, that they're doing this hidden changes every patch, and player have to "discover" them.
    I know your hoping for lots of hidden changes, but sadly, that's not how it works.

Deleted
    I'm not, it's just, why didn't they make a note about changing Unheeded Warning?

Deleted
    Something worth of mentioning, Occu'thar achievement has been added.

Quote Originally Posted by Feefel View Post
    They bothered to have a PTR for this?
    Adding new code often breaks others, so even if it looks insignificant, there is probably a reason behind it.

Eventhough i still hoped they would have addressed more then this, their fewer bigger patches approach is keeping the dominating classes on top and the dominated classes at the bottom.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want