Deleted

How to canalize the air? [Laptop]

Hello, my friend is a lefty and his new laptop's air sink comes from the left.

He has a cooling pad.

Is it possible to canalize the air that comes from the left in order to aim it to the back? Is there any object that can be bought or homemade like a pipe to make it go to the back? Will it be ok?

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by mmoce2532cddcf; 2011-08-30 at 11:00 PM.

Deleted
    If I understand it correctly, you are trying to redirect the hot air that comes out of the laptop to the left? Well, to do that it will first and foremost not be pretty. But I reckon you could use something like this (a laptop heat spreader) and mount it externally (like I said, not pretty). You could also do as you suggested, mount some sort of piping or tubing that redirects the airflow once it's out of the case but chances are this will limit the laptops cooling and the pipes will become extremely hot.

So the laptop is exhausting the warm air to the left - where your friend rests his hand, presumably on a mouse.

Your best bet is a DIY cowl that will attach to the side of the laptop, and direct the warm air away from his hand. I would recommend designing it so the air is directed UP, and BACK.

Below, the air exits into the orange cowl, and then is vented upwards. The red fins direct the air towards the back of the laptop.

5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7